how to improve the performance of 4G13 stock engine

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Should be RM25 to 30 probably, not RM40....lol
When is the last time u buy the Toyota red coolant?
Even junior like me experience the price increase.

My brother in law used to own a 1.3 Wira aeroback manual...To me, its underpowered even for daily driving. Not worth the money to mod.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

My brother in law used to own a 1.3 Wira aeroback manual...To me, its underpowered even for daily driving. Not worth the money to mod.
We are actually talking about the Toyota 75w90 manual gear oil....lol
As for Toyota LLC the last time I ask for it was a while back. I switch brands because the spare part shop say now they are getting the premix ones only and selling same price as the concentrated ones. Concentrated ones I use 2 bottles only at RM20, premix I have to use at least 5 bottles if not mistaken. Now using Mitsu Coolant around RM18 per liter in concentrated form....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
We are actually talking about the Toyota 75w90 manual gear oil....lol
As for Toyota LLC the last time I ask for it was a while back. I switch brands because the spare part shop say now they are getting the premix ones only and selling same price as the concentrated ones. Concentrated ones I use 2 bottles only at RM20, premix I have to use at least 5 bottles if not mistaken. Now using Mitsu Coolant around RM18 per liter in concentrated form....
I had to educate my spareparts guy that premix is not the same as concentrate. Premix is mixed with water bla bla bla and he was telling mechs to use the premix and further dilute with water.. sigh.

Reactions: sanekit

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Toyota red coolant is around RM22 the last time I bought it.

Wira 1.3 manual? EFI or carburetor? I've driven before Wira 1.3 EFI with VDO ECU. It really doesn't 'go' much. It feels less powerful than my Saga during the time of my testing. My Saga at that time is having a lot of engine problems and yet it still feels more powerful than the 1.3 VDO Wira. If compared to my Saga now after it has gone through an overhaul and several fixes, the Wira 1.3 is totally far away in terms of power.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Wira 1.3 manual? EFI or carburetor? I've driven before Wira 1.3 EFI with VDO ECU. It really doesn't 'go' much. It feels less powerful than my Saga during the time of my testing. My Saga at that time is having a lot of engine problems and yet it still feels more powerful than the 1.3 VDO Wira. If compared to my Saga now after it has gone through an overhaul and several fixes, the Wira 1.3 is totally far away in terms of power.
Are you still able to get the concentrated version?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I had to educate my spareparts guy that premix is not the same as concentrate. Premix is mixed with water bla bla bla and he was telling mechs to use the premix and further dilute with water.. sigh.
I thought the mechanic should know better than the spare part shop personnel.....lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Couple of years ago,the coolant can be bought for below RM20...

The Wira is 1.3 EFI manual. No rpm meter to counteract the sluggish feeling. Feels like driving a fully loaded Perodua Viva.Then when my mom sold her wira, we transferred grounding cable,platinum plugs,drop in air filter,front upper strut bar to that car.very minimal improvement but can be felt.he was driving it everyday until it was sold sometime last year for somewhere around 5k.

if anyone have wira owners manual maybe can check if the gb ratio is the same for 1.3 and 1.5. If yes then that could be the reason for its sluggishness.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Couple of years ago,the coolant can be bought for below RM20...

The Wira is 1.3 EFI manual. No rpm meter to counteract the sluggish feeling. Feels like driving a fully loaded Perodua Viva.Then when my mom sold her wira, we transferred grounding cable,platinum plugs,drop in air filter,front upper strut bar to that car.very minimal improvement but can be felt.he was driving it everyday until it was sold sometime last year for somewhere around 5k.

if anyone have wira owners manual maybe can check if the gb ratio is the same for 1.3 and 1.5. If yes then that could be the reason for its sluggishness.
Yup, RM18 but as you know everything has gone up except salary......hhahahhahahah

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
Sorry, was a typo, rm106 for 4L axle/gear oil.

things i done for the car at this point, cost more than the value of the car itself, woksop opering me as it is rm1.8k.my replied, i rather put at backlane of the house, let spiders bikin webs also i happy than selling it at rm1.8k.

the memories and smile it bring to my mom while she sitting on it when i drove her around town, pasar, etc PRICELESS. although the yik yik ngok ngok sound, leaking from side door rubbers, air not cold, etc.

backside itch, sent for carwash, as usual those high pressure water pipe spray like ak47. the water leaking in and my kids said daddy daddy water coming in... whahaha... classic betul like those cartoon, sunk car into river/sea, water sipping in and using cloth to stop it. but on normal raining days, unless very heavy, otherwise i dont think it will be sipped into car. lucky thing, the dr cermin re-glued whole windscreen has finally stopped the front leaking.

now i facing an issue of the islala, might send to woksop. on HIGH rev 4-5k rpm (buat malu je 4-5k call high rev) or speed above 110-120kmh, the gas/exhaust smell come into cabin. i think manifold got leak or so. the smell unpleasant but that is secondary. 1st is harmful to health. friends telling me, that's virtual speed cut, when smell into cabin, u straight speed cut, keep u safe. whahahahha...

double layer servo + pump, this is another significant improvement. and i'm thinking to change the high heat resistant brake pad as well, scare the oem or whatever it is inside over heat with my style of pumping, lock the brake, die.

air con is screwed. still finding reliable shop to get it fix.

my 293 whp is an modded mazda. yes, is an tebu. so islala im not incline toward any tebu or superchas. and many said 1.3 apa mau bikin? bikin already is not that it can fly? well, even with 293 whp it also cant fly, hahahha... 1 thing about this 175/60/r13, i literally hantam everything. with 225/40/r18, dem...

but ok la... islala keep me away from upgrading the 293whp to 320-350whp range by internal forged piston/conrod, crank, block, big tebu, etc.

alternate day driving of both, keep my mind and expectation in checks.

will try to update whenever possible. seriously it is fun 22 years old car... tekan tak jalan, keep me grounded and let others super cars (myvi, etc) to potong me like a sayur sawi.

Reactions: Kevinho

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
it is expensive, i think castrol. but cant say much since want to do, cannot be here do engine oil, another woksop do gearoil, another do steering rack etc. just shove it in, so long it works, anything just throw it back to the woksop and u kautim.

dr cermin, replacing front windscreen (new) rm380. mine reglued rm200, wanted to change new but look at the old screen have the car plate etched and no much of damages, save the Rm180 for other stuffs.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
it is expensive, i think castrol. but cant say much since want to do, cannot be here do engine oil, another woksop do gearoil, another do steering rack etc. just shove it in, so long it works, anything just throw it back to the woksop and u kautim.

dr cermin, replacing front windscreen (new) rm380. mine reglued rm200, wanted to change new but look at the old screen have the car plate etched and no much of damages, save the Rm180 for other stuffs.
For a minute, I thought maybe you got synthetic gear oil.

Not sure about isware but pricing for wira screen is about RM300-350 depending on whether you get local or china made. I went for china screen. So far so good. I liked that the top portion comes with a tint

firezy

Aug 28, 2004
rm380, i think he mentioned china mali, i did not see the item so not sure the top part with the black tint or not.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
rm380, i think he mentioned china mali, i did not see the item so not sure the top part with the black tint or not.
A bit expensive then. It's a greenish tint. So many windscreens shops these days. Just drop by any and ask for a quote. Am fairly sure they welcome such quote requests.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. The new screen has better heat rejection that the stock one which was supposedly a laminated unit.