Guidance needed for Energy Suspension Bushing workshop

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
I did mine about 3 years ago, so prices might vary abit....

I dont think there are any local distributors. I bought mine online from the US & was brought back by a friend. So I got no shipping costs, I think after conv. to RM at the time it was around RM650 total (including trailing arm).

My workshop charged RM400 for workmanship (Front & Rear arms, dismantle, send to machineshop & install back everything) + RM60 machine shop charges. The only thing I did DIY is "burn out" the rear trailing arm bush (the easiest way to remove it). It took 2 days (1 for front & 1 for back).

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
i've mailed them before and attached are the quotations for the hyperflex master kit + front way bar + rear sway bar + trailing arm bushings. total converted to MYR is about RM804 including shipping. but after what you've said i might not be ordering the trailing arm bushings, so the price will be lower. oh, will there be any tax that we have to pay if we order online?

rm400 is reasonable. where's your workshop located? hehe.

Attachments

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
If post office asks you to collect, there may be tax, (auto parts tax) based on invoice. At least that's what I've been told...I've never ordered directly to Malaysia before...

Workshop is SM Racing in Sg.Merab (near Bangi & Ptjaya), contact the owner directly for a price quote. I dont think youll get the same price as I did though, maybe a little bit higher....mine was 3 years ago price..
I'll PM you the number.

zNiPeR

Known Member
May 23, 2006
If post office asks you to collect, there may be tax, (auto parts tax) based on invoice. At least that's what I've been told...I've never ordered directly to Malaysia before...

Workshop is SM Racing in Sg.Merab (near Bangi & Ptjaya), contact the owner directly for a price quote. I dont think youll get the same price as I did though, maybe a little bit higher....mine was 3 years ago price..
I'll PM you the number.
aalto, SM Racing sg merab is paie??

fadmans

Jun 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
There are some issues though for me, mainly hard braking entering a corner (or during trail braking) & braking in high speed corners. The rear of the car becomes a little bit "twitchy/loose" & can cause some oversteering. Remember I said to get stock or mugen/spoon, hardrace bushings for the real trailing arm (big). If you use the Energy bushings (like I did), you will get this issue, bcoz on the stock bush design there is 2 axis movement (updown & side2), whereas the Energy ones allow only 1 axis movement (up down). The kit you saw in the link doesn't include this bush and needs to be purchase separately, so I recommend you get other rubber bushings for this.

extract from a previous post of mine :
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/honda/387403-my-snail-rebuild-integra-db8-14.html
hi guys, i'm also quite interested in changing the complete set of bushings in 89 crx to energy suspension. Do any of you guys who used energy bushings mind sharing their experience regarding the comfort level of using these bushings. i understand that it do compromise some comfort to achieve tight handling..but does it compromise alot of comfort? for example hitting a small hump feels like hitting a rock?

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
hi guys, i'm also quite interested in changing the complete set of bushings in 89 crx to energy suspension. Do any of you guys who used energy bushings mind sharing their experience regarding the comfort level of using these bushings. i understand that it do compromise some comfort to achieve tight handling..but does it compromise alot of comfort? for example hitting a small hump feels like hitting a rock?
Its not harsh, but firmer. Overall comfort really depends on your coilovers..

fadmans

Jun 28, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks, currently im using an eibach coilover with stock absorber..as for now it's pretty comfortable..absorption feels just nice for road handling. If I change the bushings and retain the coilover and absorber, do u think it would be ok? Or I need to change to a sportier suspension. And this is for daily drive car.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Thanks, currently im using an eibach coilover with stock absorber..as for now it's pretty comfortable..absorption feels just nice for road handling. If I change the bushings and retain the coilover and absorber, do u think it would be ok? Or I need to change to a sportier suspension. And this is for daily drive car.
If your already satisfied with your current setup, changing to energy bushings wont comprise your comfort levels, In my experience it kinda makes it feel more comfortable as running over bumps has a more firmer feel (like a new car ride feeling).

Worn bushing tend to make your car ride harsher due to the hardened rubber & banging of the joints. It'll also cause the car to jump around when running over bumps & humps...especially during cornering.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys..
Just sharing..
What do u all think if i want transplant my rear back wira to complete rear back lancer evo 3 and it will make looks 100% complete EIII..

Anyone hav done make already?
If hav...lets we all discuss about da xperiance a to z..

:burnout:

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

:burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience