Need guidance :)

tidalflux

Jun 2, 2009
Hey guys, just thought some of you might be able to help me with this problem i'm facing...the "check engine" light came on 2 days ago and its been on ever since. The battery level was low, so i changed the battery but that didnt solve the problem. Also refilled all fluids and got the relay checked, didnt help. Any idea what else could be causing this? The engine isnt causing any trouble though. One more thing, got my brake lining replaced, and now its noisy as hell! I think it isnt the suitable type. Suggestions on what type of lining should be used would be helpful. Thanks :)

rev555

Known Member
Dec 30, 2007
Hey guys, just thought some of you might be able to help me with this problem i'm facing...the "check engine" light came on 2 days ago and its been on ever since. The battery level was low, so i changed the battery but that didnt solve the problem. Also refilled all fluids and got the relay checked, didnt help. Any idea what else could be causing this? The engine isnt causing any trouble though. One more thing, got my brake lining replaced, and now its noisy as hell! I think it isnt the suitable type. Suggestions on what type of lining should be used would be helpful. Thanks :)
i think u should go to the work shop near buy to dinose the problem..dont guess..! cos it will be cosly if u let the workshop try this try that....will very cosly n waste time...that is the best way to do...cheers...:burnout:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
The CEL (check engine light) is the most wonderful thing ever !!!!!

just hook your car up to an OBD2 reader , and you'll immediately localise where the problem is.

recently, I had an ENGINE problem , which doesn't show up on the OBD, no CEL notice, notice.
it took me 6 MONTHS to trouble shoot it. :thefinger:

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
Honda Malaysia , they use a special OBD diagnostic machine called H.I.M -> Honda Interface Machine
(or something like that)

they usually charge a minimum of RM70 , but it's very accurate, because it connects to all functions of the ecu , and they will give explanations of the readings, and what is the "normal" operating ranges of some of those values.

useful for checking problems with the vtc , tps, map, and sensor troubleshooting stuff.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
You can go to JC and do a dyno. While on the dyno car is diagnosed. So u get 2 in 1 for RM50. Thats how i confirmed my check light was due to an o2 sensor...

shadiq

May 13, 2009
You can go to JC and do a dyno. While on the dyno car is diagnosed. So u get 2 in 1 for RM50. Thats how i confirmed my check light was due to an o2 sensor...
like that ka?
i want to do dyno la at JC . need some company la
anyone like to join ?

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
subcon: meor belanja aku hondata

lightningfield: jommmm......when?

rajamacho

Known Member
Mar 31, 2008
see any changes in fuel consumption.:hmmmm:.probability for o2 sensor kaputttt is high...:smokin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

RWD can cause the car to have more oversteer and AWD make the car to have more understeer when coming to corners

Even Nissan GTR R33 & R34 in Japan GT is modified to RWD with wider tire in the front at is 330mm while car like Enzo FXX front tire is only 255mm or 245mm

But RWD are more likely to spin in corner if throttle is applied, will be harder to turn a AWD as will cause understeer

The reason AWD doesn't spin out that easily is because some percentage of power is transferred to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience