HELP! Dear Honda sifu's, I need some guidance...

mototo

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
NSW
Visit site
Oookay, the matter was really simple... or at least before I just dwelled in deeper and now .. i'm really confused. Reason is... housemate buying one tmrw and I need some info so that i can do some checks n also nego d price.

car in question is a Honda Civic 91 model/chassis designation: EG (but built from factory as a EH, i think they are the same) 4 door sedan

anyways its specced from factory as a Si. Looking at the spec sheet on the net its powered by a D16A8.

housemate is also a car noob, afraid might get tipued.. bla bla... and i was never a honda nut to start with :tongwink:

Questions are
1. Si is not the base spec isit? or does this differ with country?
2. how reliable is this engine?
3. is maintainance expensive on this particular engine?
4. what is eg3 or those numbering on the chassis designation? [Yay, got this figured out now.]

sorry for long post... if some of these has been reposted please do quote the thread... as i am just stumped or i cant search for crap.. :P

cheers y'all :regular_smile:

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
EH2 is one of the earliest. Mine is one as well.. I forget the engine, but it's a D16 as well. let me locate some photoes.

Spec sheet on the net is different from local ones.. here's an engine pic of the EH2 engine.

It comes with Power windows, rear seat belts, power mirrors(but non-folding)

Stock EH2 Powerplant.. header isn't stock though.

mototo

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
NSW
Visit site
interesting... a few Si's we've been looking at the past few days all have this engine instead

the GL series (seems like the lower one.. but still has power windows and mirrors, thats why i cant differentiate) has the engine in the pic above mentioned albeit with a carburettor apparently(took me quite a few looks to realise that ... hey.. thats not EFI)

reason i ask is... there are some civics here that are modelless... as in no GL or Si badge and we cant tell what the heck was it from factory.

anyhow thanks for the info shiroitenshi :regular_smile:

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
mototo,
from your location i think the best is to seek the local honda dealers to give you a brief description of the local spec over there (from engine to interior). you could probably join some aussie honda forum to patch your quiries. we have both local and japanese model here. so spec might vary from country to country.

have a good weekend

mototo

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
NSW
Visit site
thanks for that j101 :regular_smile:

i did venture into ozhonda.com, didnt find what i was after(then again i cant search for crap sumtimes). couldnt be bothered to be a member as i will only use it once to ask about this. Too late to ring up the honda dealers in australia as my housemate is going to pay the deposit tmrw morning. then i recall there should be a large honda community in zth as well..

she was just wondering if there is anything that might look suss on the car as once we are in a legal bond with the dealer... tabuley turn back unless you want to go through the hassle of months of tribunal court cases etc..

just thought if i could get some quick solid info as its past working hours.

one more thing, all civics are made the same bodywise rite as in, the lower specced models and the higher spec models (except type r's n stuff) all have the same chassis, like mitsu/ protons i think they hv a cheaper chassis for the 1.3 models and a better chassis for the 1.8 models

the car is quite a cheap thats why it was a bit urgent..

cheers all

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
well as long its accident free and clean overall, it should be alright for a pocket bargain. i believe the car wreckers there will have anything to spare if you need anything. no worries.

mototo

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
NSW
Visit site
yeap, god i love the pull it yourself wreckers here... everytime i'm there its an awesome field day for me... :tongwink:

anyways the deposit has been put down. Through check shows signs of 171000k's of use and its a real Si. Collecting keys on monday. Goes real smooth. The motor has a bit more poke than the single cam civics we test drove a few days back. Shall know more of it on monday. :regular_smile:

thanks all for the info's ppl.

cheers

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1st time:
About a year ago, he parked it right opposite of his mother's apartment guardhouse. According to the guards, their view were obstructed when a van parked side by side with my cousin's GTi. When the van moved away, the GTi vanished into thin air just like a David Copperfield magic trick.

It seems that my cousin was a victim of a syndicate that goes around stealing the hatch lock of GTi and making a key from it. Then they replace it back hoping the owner didn't notice it was...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience