FD Civic Type-R Launched in Malaysia

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
yeah true R fans prefer the car performance than the chick magnet factor, if prefer chick magnet factor of coz they go for golf gti or bmw 3 series

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
i think most true R owners/fans/enthusiast will be more bothered by the performance package of the whole car rather than goin for exclusivity/chick factor n bla bla bla......
So you think it'll bother them if they get smoked by the uh...lets say, Megane R26, Astra VXR or Mazda 3 MPS?

Likely given the great big torque handicap that even the mighty JDM CTR has in comparison to the above. Or maybe not.

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Anybody seen the Best Motoring Japan July version?? FD2 type-R has a 2 sec faster lap time than DC5 and 3 sec faster than R34 GTR in Suzuka..... To me, FD2's advantages are 5.0 final gear and polished head....

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
i say this new CTR is a remarkable feat in automotive itself. Being front wheel drive, naturally aspirated and a four door saloon to boot, it still can perform so well. The handling is really impressive. Couple that to the infamous Vtec engine, and those lap times.

Of course, there'd be cars faster, and cheaper and more exclusive than this. But that's not really the case here isnt it. As all of us can see, it's the whole package of what the CTR can offer that made the first batch sold out so quick. A lot of us M'sians love the brand and the badge.
so what if we could get a Evo for the same price. or a golf gti.

If u could live with what Silverfish said earlier. Go get it.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
wat do u mean bro? can u elaborate more on this? i wanna noe la :biggrin:
from the pic that u see,the flexible is quite big so that's why the only use 1
n the other runner they just use flange with spring so that both of the runner
can move around.ff car needs flexi cos the engine tend to move forward n
backward.i've seen performance extractor before with dual flexi on the same
secondary runner but the runner is far apart from each other.if i'm not mistaken,
it's toda extractor for dc5.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Subjective, but the UK version looks better though. I for one, will be one of those who would much willingly give up that last 5% of dynamic polish or performance for the looks.

So, UK CTR or JDM CTR? I'd go for the UK one everytime.
Style is subjective too. What looks good to you may not be to others.

And the Type-R mantra is about brutal total performance. Something like the Type Rs NSX , Integra DC2 & DC5.

Something the Euro version doesn't have enough of.

BTW what are chance of a Malaysian Civic Type R being smoked by a RenaultSport Megane R26, or Astra VXR?. Those cars aren't available here anyway.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Style is subjective too. What looks good to you may not be to others.
That's what I said lar.

And the Type-R mantra is about brutal total performance. Something like the Type Rs NSX , Integra DC2 & DC5.

Something the Euro version doesn't have enough of.
You say that but the DC2 rides very well, even though it handles like no other FF car. In fact, given FD2 CTR or DC2 ITR, I'd go for the DC2. Or maybe I'd take the CTR, sell it and then get the DC2.

BTW what are chance of a Malaysian Civic Type R being smoked by a RenaultSport Megane R26, or Astra VXR?. Those cars aren't available here anyway.
Just planting a thought. Since "brutal performance" is bandied about here, I point out that several other competitors will probably make the CTR feel inadequate, in terms of outright poke mostly. I'd use "purity of purpose", which I did earlier, but then I thought about and realised that they started out with a big fat four door saloon. So that's what it is, a big fat four door saloon that's been tuned to within an inch of its life. No offense CTR fans, keep the knifes away please.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
You say that but the DC2 rides very well, even though it handles like no other FF car. In fact, given FD2 CTR or DC2 ITR, I'd go for the DC2. Or maybe I'd take the CTR, sell it and then get the DC2.
As for the ride, I'd reserve judgement till I actually drive the car. Hard to judge based on what is written in reviews until one actually gets behind the wheel.

I have been in both DC2/5. Rides well on top of the great handling balance.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
As for the ride, I'd reserve judgement till I actually drive the car. Hard to judge based on what is written in reviews until one actually gets behind the wheel.
That goes for the both of us.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm driving wira with 4g93t engine. Nowadays my engine RPM is very late to turn down when I rev the engine, seems like the throttle body late to close. the boost meter also late to turn down. anybody knows what happened?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience