Honda Civic Type-R Modulo: Racetrack Ready Concept

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

Honda will introduce a street-legal, track-ready version of the Civic Type-R sedan at the upcoming Tokyo Auto Salon in January. Apart from the racing livery, the Civic Type-R Modulo Concept’s exterior is enhanced by a wing spoiler, clear tail-lights and a set of cool 19-inch alloy wheels wrapped in 225/35 R19 rubber.

Not much, but wait until you take a look at the concept’s interior. Honda’s designers removed anything they could in order to lower the car’s weight. The door panels were replaced with carbon fibre, the door handles gave their place to latches while the stock front seats were swapped for a pair of impressive (and lightweight) Recaro bucket seats. Honda kinda overdid it with the carbon fibre as the lightweight material has been used among other things on the new sports steering wheel, the handbrake and the centre dash.

Since there is no official press release from Honda, it is unknown if there is any mechanical changes. However, it is evident from the pictures that the Civic Type-R Modulo Concept is fitted with electronically controlled adjustable dampers. Expect more on the concept closer to the Tokyo Auto Salon opening which is set for January 11, 2008.

click for larger image:

Source:
Carview

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Good God! Those hideous stickers! My Eyes! My Eyes!

Definitely looks more like something out of Kedai Abang.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
if i ever buy this car, i'll change the wheels and strip the stickers....then again, i'll stick to the ori CTR