Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
wat do u mean bro? can u elaborate more on this? i wanna noe la :biggrin:
from the pic that u see,the flexible is quite big so that's why the only use 1
n the other runner they just use flange with spring so that both of the runner
can move around.ff car needs flexi cos the engine tend to move forward n
backward.i've seen performance extractor before with dual flexi on the same
secondary runner but the runner is far apart from each other.if i'm not mistaken,
it's toda extractor for dc5.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Subjective, but the UK version looks better though. I for one, will be one of those who would much willingly give up that last 5% of dynamic polish or performance for the looks.

So, UK CTR or JDM CTR? I'd go for the UK one everytime.
Style is subjective too. What looks good to you may not be to others.

And the Type-R mantra is about brutal total performance. Something like the Type Rs NSX , Integra DC2 & DC5.

Something the Euro version doesn't have enough of.

BTW what are chance of a Malaysian Civic Type R being smoked by a RenaultSport Megane R26, or Astra VXR?. Those cars aren't available here anyway.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Style is subjective too. What looks good to you may not be to others.
That's what I said lar.

And the Type-R mantra is about brutal total performance. Something like the Type Rs NSX , Integra DC2 & DC5.

Something the Euro version doesn't have enough of.
You say that but the DC2 rides very well, even though it handles like no other FF car. In fact, given FD2 CTR or DC2 ITR, I'd go for the DC2. Or maybe I'd take the CTR, sell it and then get the DC2.

BTW what are chance of a Malaysian Civic Type R being smoked by a RenaultSport Megane R26, or Astra VXR?. Those cars aren't available here anyway.
Just planting a thought. Since "brutal performance" is bandied about here, I point out that several other competitors will probably make the CTR feel inadequate, in terms of outright poke mostly. I'd use "purity of purpose", which I did earlier, but then I thought about and realised that they started out with a big fat four door saloon. So that's what it is, a big fat four door saloon that's been tuned to within an inch of its life. No offense CTR fans, keep the knifes away please.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
You say that but the DC2 rides very well, even though it handles like no other FF car. In fact, given FD2 CTR or DC2 ITR, I'd go for the DC2. Or maybe I'd take the CTR, sell it and then get the DC2.
As for the ride, I'd reserve judgement till I actually drive the car. Hard to judge based on what is written in reviews until one actually gets behind the wheel.

I have been in both DC2/5. Rides well on top of the great handling balance.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
As for the ride, I'd reserve judgement till I actually drive the car. Hard to judge based on what is written in reviews until one actually gets behind the wheel.
That goes for the both of us.

juhari eg6

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2005
KL
Well,anyway the new CTR will changed the views from it's competitors, those who comes with turbocharged or supercharged, are mainly focus on the "kaki kereta" (from a non-kaki kereta's mind), but this CTR can catter for various levels of drivers here in Malaysia, because it's NA and NA is better compared to any other systems, moreover it has bad 225hps, not bad from the NA engine,easy on the maintenance,

and it's FOUR DOORS SUMORE,,,tho...and for those, family man of course..

Today's drivers prefer to drive in a problem-less conditions,where they just drive to office and come back home,and in the same time they also feels like to tapau other car, so the power is there, and the economical factor,of course, it's all in the FD CTR 07...

btw i'm just driving my Old Skool JDM EG6 B16A with CTR Head Cover, still wannabees is all in here,,hahaha

Last edited:

BabyS2K

Known Member
Oct 30, 2005
Bro, this new Civic Typr R quicker than S2000 on a straight road?

neojack

Known Member
Apr 17, 2007
i want the 2-door type R.not four.is it possible the 2door type r will sell in malaysia? 4door is not really interesting for me cause the ordinary civic also can convert to type R

MiLd7

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
Borneo Legion
Visit site
civic type r which launched at BRUNEI

this car launched last friday which already on the road!!! this is the snap shot when i drive my friend jalan jalan n found!!! kekekekekekek pretty cute!!!! hot chili colour!!!!!

this model is totally different to malaysia's version!!! dunno this version... anyone know pls share thanx!!!! euro model???

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
I personally think the europe 2 door R which is available in Singapore does look a bit better in my eyes, but the JDM FD2 4 door has more power and better practically for a daily driven vehicle. So for most people who can only afford one car to take him to work and everywhere with the family, the 4-door FD2-R becomes a more ideal car for the most people in the market.

Yes, a four door R can be converted from a normal civic, but an R is always an R. The ever popular EVO and WRX are all four doors. How many GC WRX 2 doors have you seen on malaysian roads?? I have only seen 2 on the road versus tens and tens on 4 door GC WRX. And one reason EVO/WRX owners buys the car apart from the powerful 280hp engine is that most people will confess that it is a powerful 4 door which is more practical for daily use.

And now, we have an option to a very exclusive 4-door FD2-R which has all the new 2007 technologies, with a better upgraded 225ps engine, better suspension&brakes, 3 year factory warranty etc.

I suppose most buyers of FD2-R appreciattes the technology, design and total balance performance package of it rather than worrying about seening 4 door civic converted wannabe.. A wannabe is and will always be a wannabe only.. If the FD2-R is not good there will be no wannabe anyway... How many Evo4,5,6,7 or WRX STI converted have you seen?? I have seeen many of those converted but i still think the evo/sti are still great car to owned.

:)

bubu

Known Member
Jan 12, 2006
i hate honda cars from the day i sold all my honda cars la,i owned eg6,delsol,ek4,dc2 before when new that time is ok ,after using few years ,this and that spoilt especially engine oil leaking and the gearbox oil so trouble some .honda is leaking technology la,u watch f1 u know,11 races only 1 point before the race start engine oridi blow up or something sumore f1 is the most advantage technology and toyota is getting better and better and better

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
foul=bergesel,terhantuk that kind of foul.
oh, lol.. thanks.

this car launched last friday which already on the road!!! this is the snap shot when i drive my friend jalan jalan n found!!! kekekekekekek pretty cute!!!! hot chili colour!!!!!

this model is totally different to malaysia's version!!! dunno this version... anyone know pls share thanx!!!! euro model???
where did u take this pic, mild7?

I suppose most buyers of FD2-R appreciattes the technology, design and total balance performance package of it rather than worrying about seening 4 door civic converted wannabe.. A wannabe is and will always be a wannabe only.. If the FD2-R is not good there will be no wannabe anyway... How many Evo4,5,6,7 or WRX STI converted have you seen?? I have seeen many of those converted but i still think the evo/sti are still great car to owned.

:)
very well said.

i hate honda cars from the day i sold all my honda cars la,i owned eg6,delsol,ek4,dc2 before when new that time is ok ,after using few years ,this and that spoilt especially engine oil leaking and the gearbox oil so trouble some .honda is leaking technology la,u watch f1 u know,11 races only 1 point before the race start engine oridi blow up or something sumore f1 is the most advantage technology and toyota is getting better and better and better
No offense, F1 is a totally different ball game. The amount of resources poured into it to just able to cross the finish line each time is way beyond what is mentioned.

:smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, anyone can recommend me any spare parts shop in pj o cheras tht selling proton genuine parts wif reasonable price like bumper,roof,door,headlight,brake light or any interior parts? i would like to replace parts some parts for my satria... tq..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience