FD Civic Type-R Launched in Malaysia

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Long-awaited best performance Civic Type R and innovative Civic Hybrid arrive on Malaysian shores!.

Shah Alam, 2 August 2007 - Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd today unveiled the long-awaited all new Civic Type R and Civic Hybrid in an event that showcases Honda’s precision and revolutionary technology in their Civic brand. Both the Civic Type R and Civic Hybrid represent the culmination of Honda’s consistent innovation and technology.

Using the platform of ‘Discovery’, Honda Malaysia invites Malaysians to “Discover the Performance” of the revolutionary Civic Type R and to “Discover the Innovation” of the advanced technology Civic Hybrid.

Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Mr Atsushi Fujimoto expressed his delight over the significance of the launch, “Today is a very historic day for Honda Malaysia. With the introduction of the Civic Type R and Civic Hybrid, Malaysia now has the same line-up of the 8th Generation Civic as Japan. And making it even more memorable, is the fact that Malaysia is the only country in Asia, outside of Japan that is making available for our customers this version of the Civic Type R.”

The latest Civic Type R is available in two versions, one for the Europe market and another for the Japan market. The version for Europe market is a three door hatchback while the four door sedan version is available only in Japan. The four door sedan version was launched in Japan on March 30, 2007.

The Type R is built on the concept of the highest performance with the best control for a car. Honda first introduced the Type R in 1992 on the NSX as a specially tuned model that provided racing car-like feel. It was later extended to the Integra in 1995, and the Civic in 1997 in response to meeting customers’ request for more opportunity to own a Type R.

The Type R has since became the benchmark for cars designed to be a true driver’s car that gives speed, control and precision in one complete package, and is desired by performance car enthusiasts in Japan and all around the world. The All New Civic Type R aims to achieve unity of man and machine for the ultimate driving experience in all driving conditions, including on circuits.

The All New Civic Type R comes equipped with a specially tuned 2.0-litre normally aspirated engine matched to a 6-speed close ratio manual transmission with limited slip differential. A lighter, more rigid body shell, specially tuned suspension, 18-inch tires and large 17-inch front disc brakes contribute to the Civic Type R’s ability to push the performance envelope. Newly developed aerodynamic devices further enhance high-speed performance while giving the wide and low form a more aggressive look. Type R front bucket seats, a unique instrument panel and other performance accessories contribute to an easier and more responsive drive.

The latest Honda Civic Type R is the refinement of 15 years of technological progress and the latest expression of Honda’s Racing Spirit.
Honda Malaysia expects that the new Civic Type R will increase the group of performance vehicle enthusiasts in Malaysia who seek outstanding performance in a car that gives the driver the finest control at the same time.

Relevant Articles:
Video:

The Honda Civic Hybrid:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...-honda-civic-hybrid-launched-in-malaysia.html

Attachments

Last edited:

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
wow.....this gonna be a hit in mlaysia...if only i got the money for this car...

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Wow! Hey.. noticed the unique design of the exhaust piping? It's like it has 2 downpipes.

Tom, do you know why ar? Is it one opens up when Vtec kicks in so got smoother outflow ar?

Last edited:

juhari eg6

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2005
KL
the disc size 17"? are u sure??? this civic is fu*k'n hot ..

Power Of Dreams

vinceymk

Known Member
Mar 17, 2006
will Very HOT......so when it will gonna start selling in Malaysia....luckly i had not pay out a downpayment on Civic 2.0 yet...hehe

Tom.......is the price RM199,800.00 OTR....??

Last edited:

kRiminaLz

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
Docklands/SAlam
Visit site
did anybody realized that this thing churns up to 225 bad horses?
its quite impressive for a 4cylinder n/a 2.0....

jeffbboyz

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
Shah Alam/ KL
not K20A right ? cool car....but still Civic Mugen RR is nicer look n more cun.....but who cares if u can get one of these....ehehhe

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Wow! Hey.. noticed the unique design of the exhaust piping? It's like it has 2 downpipes.

Tom, do you know why ar? Is it one opens up when Vtec kicks in so got smoother outflow ar?

no lar bro,it design that way cos if u put 2 flexible at the same area,it will foul
each other.it's just there to flex around cos the civic is ff car.

not K20A right ? cool car....but still Civic Mugen RR is nicer look n more cun.....but who cares if u can get one of these....ehehhe
it's still k20a but a bit more tweak to churn out 225hp.yup,agreed with u on
the rr.but i think rr is much more pricier.mugen mar.....:biggrin:

cannondale>

1,500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
kepong
the disc size 17"? are u sure??? this civic is fu*k'n hot ..

Power Of Dreams
i dont think it will fit the 17 rotor, for 18" rim max size rotor is 14" 355mm

i dont think the civic using the 355 as well should be around 320 like that

dericlee

Known Member
Jul 20, 2005
Kedah/KL/PG
dunno how much can get in langkawi? hmm....might be around 120K-130K i think...hehe ,is this car fully imported? for an example, i am not exactly sure how much a 2.0 new honda accord sold in mainland,might be around 140K.i have a client over there just bought one new unit for around 80-90K.almost 40% cheaper.A 350Z is also not more than 170K.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys,
is there anybody know what is the tapped clearance for civic sr4 1.6?i m willing to adjust the tapped due to noisy came out from the head,n the power felt decreasing a bit before than this.how to do better to increase the pick up and the high end?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience