FD Civic Type-R Launched in Malaysia

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
sigh.

On my way home today, i caught sight of an 8th Gen civic with the new CTR bodykit.

and i can only imagine ..... what will be happening on the streets for months to come.

sigh.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
That's what I've been trying to say.

Imagine rolling up to the lights in your brand spanking new CTR, feeling smug. And then this other fella rolls up next to you in his Civic 1.8 with mock CTR body kits. And then, he gives you that look of acknowledgment, like you're all buddies and drive the same car.

Sure, you'll smoke him. Yours is special right? But at that particular moment, it probably feels remarkably less.

The worst bit would be parking next to one of those. People wouldn't even notice how much more special (and twice as expensive) your CTR is.

Of course, the above only applies to people who feel that it matters. Others who prefer to keep a low profile, will probably appreciate the doppelgangers making them a bit more inconspicuous.

Last edited:

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
Buy it for the sake of the performance not exclusivity. Most people couldn't tell the difference between both unless they see the famous badge there.

That added with the body kit point made earlier, the RM200k could be spent on other cars if exclusivity is what you're looking for - ie golf. - oh shit it has been mentioned already. nvm

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Apparently some of the customers that have booked Civic Type-R have requested their cars be de-badged.

Pity these owners. It's a pest problem, badges etc getting flicked. The Civic Concept Mugen had their original Mugen badge flicked. M-car owners get their M badges flicked. Satria R3 owners get their badges and CF roof spolier ripped off.

Exclusivity is kind of hard to achieve these days. Everywhere we see Beemers being done up to look like M cars. Normal Hondas modded to look like Type-Rs.

Bottom line is there will always be wannabees .

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Yup.

That's why if you wants exclusivity, go for rarer makes and models.

The problem for the Civic Type R is the normal Civic, which is rather popular and numerous.
Same thing with the BMW M3. Lots of cooking 3 series running around.
Same thing with the Satria R3. Loads of old Satrias running around.
Hell, you even get the same problems with an M5 these days. I've seen more than a handful of M5 lookalikes (maybe they're all M5s?).

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
its simply the way things are, ppl who can't afford it pretend like they have it. ever wondered why imitation LV bags sell so well?

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
well it could be more exclusive if the UK version was brought in then, but that wouldnt make it JDM TYPE R right ?

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
It is a beauty just looking at the photos.. Waiting for my honda dealer friend to get the car to his showroom next week and i'll be heading down to see the real thing :)

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
i think most true R owners/fans/enthusiast will be more bothered by the performance package of the whole car rather than goin for exclusivity/chick factor n bla bla bla......

3G's

Known Member
Jun 16, 2004
Visit site
GuYZ...d funny thing is they don't launch any of this inspired Type R model
in Taiwan or in Hong kong.Demand for honda in this two respective country is strong though.Maybe bcoZ of the '07 model here in Malaysia is hightly rated dat's why they had decided to market it here...

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
yeah true R fans prefer the car performance than the chick magnet factor, if prefer chick magnet factor of coz they go for golf gti or bmw 3 series

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
i think most true R owners/fans/enthusiast will be more bothered by the performance package of the whole car rather than goin for exclusivity/chick factor n bla bla bla......
So you think it'll bother them if they get smoked by the uh...lets say, Megane R26, Astra VXR or Mazda 3 MPS?

Likely given the great big torque handicap that even the mighty JDM CTR has in comparison to the above. Or maybe not.

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Anybody seen the Best Motoring Japan July version?? FD2 type-R has a 2 sec faster lap time than DC5 and 3 sec faster than R34 GTR in Suzuka..... To me, FD2's advantages are 5.0 final gear and polished head....

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
i say this new CTR is a remarkable feat in automotive itself. Being front wheel drive, naturally aspirated and a four door saloon to boot, it still can perform so well. The handling is really impressive. Couple that to the infamous Vtec engine, and those lap times.

Of course, there'd be cars faster, and cheaper and more exclusive than this. But that's not really the case here isnt it. As all of us can see, it's the whole package of what the CTR can offer that made the first batch sold out so quick. A lot of us M'sians love the brand and the badge.
so what if we could get a Evo for the same price. or a golf gti.

If u could live with what Silverfish said earlier. Go get it.

A Post Every 5 Mins

It's been a couple of months and over 2000kms with Goodyear's Eagle F1 Directional 5 tyres on the MINI and the experience has been satisfactory, more so with the inclusion of frequent rainy days really complimenting the driving experience. Initial thoughts of this new ultra high performance tyre contender, are that it pretty much does what it says on the box especially even when being compared to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience