Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends on situation...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
How did James Dean die? - Cause of Death: Automobile Crash, Age 24 NO SEATBELTS

He died in a car crash in the early evening of September 30, 1955. He was on his way to a race, in his new Porsche Spyder 550, called 'Little Bastard'. He hadn't driven that car much yet, so he decided to take it of the truck and try it out on the way to the race in Salinas (he wasn't allowed to race during the filming of Giant).
When the sun was slowly going down, he was driving along on Highway 466 in Cholame, when Donald Turnupseed, coming from the opposite direction, was going to make a turn to go of the 466, onto Highway 41. He didn't see Dean coming and James Dean did his best to avoid a crash, but he couldn't. The Porsche Spyder collided with the Ford Tudor Coupe. Seeing as the Porsche was a very light car, James Dean had no real chance.
The mecanic, Rolf Wutherich, that was in the car with James Dean, was trown out of the car, and survived with a lot of fractures. James Dean was stuck in the car and killed almost instantly.

WikiAnswers - How did James Dean die

Hikaru33

May 4, 2009
Interesting you mentioned James Dean because Evo magazine just ran a piece on his death and driving the lastest porsche boxster spyder along the very same route.

That Spyder 550 is so low with no windscreen, open top and virtually no overhead protection whatsoever, it hard for anyone to survive when it crashed head-on with a much higher car. With or without seatbelts.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/35/Porsche-550-spyder.jpg

Some say Donald didn't see him because his silver Spyder was reflecting the sun's ray off the car and causing Donald not to see him.

Not a very good example of no seat belt i reckon but James Dean has immortally sealed himself and the Syder 550 in the history of time.....

KRZ8v

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Aug 31, 2009
KL/Subang Jaya
I wuz involved in an xsiden last 4-5months ago. Speed around 50km/h hitting a stationary car. I tried my best 2 avoid the collision but it wuz raining dat time n non-ABS equip car. Hit my front right end (driver side). Thanks 2 my seatbelt, I m still here typing...lol da impact wuz kinda hard until I ended up whiplash-ing my neck...:hmpf:

Best 2 wear seatbelt ALL THE TIME when driving or as a passenger:top: Be safe my frens:driver:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
I'm very interested to know why some don't like to put on seat belt. Is it because feel uncomfortable with the seat belt?
yup... cos the seat belt keep 'ku-ci' my nipple... feel so weird....:banghead:

Blank, if I give you Takata 5 point or Sparco 4 point...will you still complain not comfy?? Hehehehe
try to gimme 1, then i'll give u the proper answer....

i not buckle up cos i wanna remind myself that i shldn't speeding... forcing my self to drive slowly... but when buckle up... hehehe...:biggrin:... atleast can drive more faster or saw polis loo...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
wat 'other' reason..?? old junk no power..??:biggrin:
I know...got a hot girl beside u who keeps "disturbing" you while you were driving. :thefinger:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
if were my gal, they won't 1... coz they will ask me to drive faster... they said drive slowly, they will vomit...
:rofl::rofl::rofl::banghead:

This sentence "Ada udang di sebalik batu" :rofl:

shahzad86

Known Member
Feb 2, 2008
been involved in 3 accidents, the seat belts saved me thats y i buckle all the time :biggrin:

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
i not buckle up cos i wanna remind myself that i shldn't speeding... forcing my self to drive slowly... but when buckle up... hehehe...:biggrin:... atleast can drive more faster or saw polis loo...
It's amazing to read some of the excuses people invent just for the sake of not putting on a seatbelt.

This just about redefines BS to a whole new level.

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
i wear them all the time even just to reverse a car...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
:rofl::rofl::rofl::banghead:

This sentence "Ada udang di sebalik batu" :rofl:
nop bro... becos the spring rates too high, when drivin slow, will b bumpy & not comfortable... if drive faster, will b ok...:biggrin:

It's amazing to read some of the excuses people invent just for the sake of not putting on a seatbelt.

This just about redefines BS to a whole new level.
hahahahahaa:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello ZTH sifu,

Need help about FRP
My brother recently swap to another turbo on his L2S.
During the conversion, install a FRP and Fuel pump (Supra pump).
The weird thing is, the FRP is not install at the old FRP on the fuel rail.
If install at the usual place, the fuel filter will shake. (The turbo installer said that)

If I'm not mistaken, right now is
Pump > Filter > FRP > T joint
At the T join, one go to fuel rail, the other go to tank.

When to do a top overhaul at another...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience