yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
i mean you should get the girl in the link :rofl:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Fvel, yes, 4 point and 5 point are not comfy atall. I use them before.

Blank, not just old cars...even new cars. I still see driver don't buckle up..I don't understand why...as most car now have a seat belt warning light that will keep blinking if the seat belt is not on...don't they feel irritated with that blinking light...I would die hearing that beeping sound and light when seat belt is not on...

Besides uncomfortable what is the other reason, people don't like to use seat belt? lazy?

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
TitanRev
if they say being uncomfortable, this is not an excuse. we can always adjust the position of the selt belt..humans are like that, will only learn once they experience it..yeah, some things we can learn from mistakes, but this mistake it too costly to be learned..someone might get hurt..so guys, buckle up..

Last edited:

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
seatbelts are not really comfy... it makes it hard when u want to come out of a junction, doing reverse parking jumping out of the car to o to the ekor shop to buy number or buy ciggiez... hard to take out handphone from pocket, wallet to pay tolls(god!! there's a lot of them here in kl)
to whack the person sitting behind u, to kiss gurlfriend in next seat...and so much more....but it does save life!

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
not only the drivers should buckle up, the rear passengers should too..I watched the commercial from TV, the impact from a unbuckled passenger from the back can kill the passenger at the front..imagine the G-force from the rear passenger squeezing you to the front..even with airbags, the impact will be there too..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i do buckle up all the time, but i sometimes using the belt stopper, to loosen up if i am not driving fast......coz sometimes bit tight....hehehe

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Guys, I don't think it's so big an inconvenience to belt up. I buckle up all the time...even when driving down to the convenience store a few blocks away.

The thing is I'm so used to buckling up, I don't even notice the belt there. About the only time I feel strange and exposed is not having belted up. When I sit in the rear seats, I buckle up also.

One business associate became a paraplegic when the vehicle he was in head-on with an oncoming. He was sleeping on one of the rear passenger seats when it happened and got thrown. Probably if he had belted up, things might have been different.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

seatbelts are not really comfy... it makes it hard when u want to come out of a junction, doing reverse parking jumping out of the car to o to the ekor shop to buy number or buy ciggiez... hard to take out handphone from pocket, wallet to pay tolls(god!! there's a lot of them here in kl)
to whack the person sitting behind u, to kiss gurlfriend in next seat...and so much more....but it does save life!
Take out hp and wallet when you get into car but before belting up.

I have something against ppl who answer their hp and/or sms while driving. I was rammed off the road once by a guy who was so busy cooking telephone porridge, he did not pay attention to the cars around him

Hikaru33

May 4, 2009
I sometimes do and sometimes don't because after taking of the seat belt, u have a mild sensation that something was there where the seat belts were. So i guess its a kind of discomfort and this feeling becomes more obvious after a long drive.

However, I use a belt stopper all the time to prevent that feeling that i am being tied down to my seat.

Also, years ago when I was studying in UK, I remember watch a show (can't confirm is its fifth gear) that said that wearing a seat belt coupled with air bag will actually cause my harm as a result of whiplash injury to the neck caused by the seat belt. In fact, air bags are adequate for front impact accident (only if its within the capabilities of the cars, not counting very bad frontal ones). Of course, without seat belts, you might be throw out of the car, but that's just one way of dying or surviving, depending on luck.

So, I practice defensive driving and rely more on my skills, judgment and somewhat luck rather than a seat belt. Still, its good to buckle up for all eventualities.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
fyi,
the seatbelts will only function if we buckle up, if not it wont work.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
i buckle up all the time after leaving my housing area and onto the main road no matter where i'm going. those who feel uncomfortable, its a matter of getting used to. we're human and we can adapt

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
been wearing seat belt all the time when ever i get into my car....
will empty my pocket before i buckle up n move.....
sometimes kindda irritating n need to remind myself not to buckle up when moving my car from outside my house into my house...guess too used to it....heehee

but 1 funny thing....
during night sprint in pasir gudang...
automatically dun buckle up....
i oso dun understand y.....

anyway...i got a fren who excaped death cause not wearing seat belt....
his car lost control n hit a kelapa sawit tree when spin.....
exacally hit on driver side....lucky things is he's not wearing seat belt n was thrown to the rear seats....if not...sayonara....
well...more like a lucky story huh???

i always hav a strong believe....
if its destined dat u'll die....anyhow oso u'll die...
if "they" r not ready to accept u...how oso u wont die....
heehee

p.s: those race harness confirm not comfortable for daily drive la.... u r strapped so tight onto ur seats....cant even reach out to close ur door wei!!!

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

i buckle up all the time after leaving my housing area and onto the main road no matter where i'm going. those who feel uncomfortable, its a matter of getting used to. we're human and we can adapt
agree wif pocroc....
i was using those belt stopper last time coz feel uncomfortable....
but had tried to force myself not using it...
after a while....got used to it edi....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I use belt stopper too.

Feeling uncomfortable with the seat belt is just a sensation. Some how have to get used to it. The seat belt is there for a reason and newer seat belt system have height adjustment so you can adjust it to your appropriate height to avoid injuries to the neck and but I see some drivers just don't care to adjust them accordingly which will cause more harm than good.

If just parking the car from outside the house without seat belt is still acceptable but I see a lot of them driving around town and highway without seat belt also.