fd door diffcult to close

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
u r rite....seems when u come in re club threat?jk oni,i go where also see u where ler,reli so kepo wan hahaha :biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
u r rite....seems when u come in re club threat?jk oni,i go where also see u where ler,reli so kepo wan hahaha :biggrin:
I'm here long ago. Just less posting....just sharing what I know and what I experience before also. Nothing to kepo here...

stick back to topic.

Last edited:

ipohboy

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
The special tool to adjust the striker that Dev mentioned earlier is the Torx key size T-40. lend it or buy it.

Also try to put tiny amount of "rubber type grease" on the rubber seal outside the door frame that come into contact with the inner part of the body seal when you close the door.
Also put some grease on the slider that hit the striker and body to door hinge.

But don't expect it will easily be close with a push of a finger like Merc door. It's normal to push with a little force to close fd3s door. But if you have to slam it like mad bull then you have to adjust it. Adjust the striker with the windows rolled down.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
brian thats why have 1 spare set. on a more serious note, the later model interiors are much more hardy and the clips are slightly more "pliable" so they dont crack easily.

muikit88

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia
The special tool to adjust the striker that Dev mentioned earlier is the Torx key size T-40. lend it or buy it.

Also try to put tiny amount of "rubber type grease" on the rubber seal outside the door frame that come into contact with the inner part of the body seal when you close the door.
Also put some grease on the slider that hit the striker and body to door hinge.

But don't expect it will easily be close with a push of a finger like Merc door. It's normal to push with a little force to close fd3s door. But if you have to slam it like mad bull then you have to adjust it. Adjust the striker with the windows rolled down.
erm..actually i not understand clearly...coz my poor english lvl...
mind show me a pic ?

ipohboy

Known Member
Sep 25, 2006
erm..actually i not understand clearly...coz my poor english lvl...
mind show me a pic ?
Which part you don't understand? It's really easy to get it done.

Sorry can't take picture because my FD is 300+km away from me at the moment.

muikit88

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia
Which part you don't understand? It's really easy to get it done.

Sorry can't take picture because my FD is 300+km away from me at the moment.
erm...i duno which part i need the fix... adjust the hook there or the door there ?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
muikit. Striker is this or called hook. You need to adjust this.

This is the latch at the door wan. You need to apply some grease on this

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
the latch need open the door anot ?
or juz put sum grease on it ?
muikit, just apply grease at the latch. You see the 'longkang' on the latch right? apply inside the 'longkang' there will do.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Need help on brake Modification

Sifu out there need help and comment lo...

Just bought a front pair of FTO Brake modified to PCD 114.3 and plan to intsall to my waja. Anything i should look into during and after modification?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience