how i reenforce the inner driver door handle for fd.

adamckc

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
hi to all fd owners,

the driver door handle is not the permanent type due to the design,, it will sure break one day if u keep it the original state. the same thing for the plastic hinge on the storage compartment cover on the door trim if u keep using it.
this is how i do it..
first, make sures all the three screws holding the inner door latch mechanism is tight.
the commonest loose screw is the one on the right side(closest to the pull metal piece),
put slice of aluminium to reenforce the screws if loose.
below the pull metal piece (where the plastic cup handle is fix to by screw, the first plastic piece u remove before removing the door trim), there is a hole, make hole into the underlying door metal (very thick), then screw into it to hold,
right to the pull metal piece got a depressed part of metal, again make a small hole to put another screw, this one is easy thru the handle metal if your car is the 95 onwards. more effort for older car.

add a small piece of metal to cover the plastic part of the plastic pull cup where the screw will be pressing upon when u pull the cup to close the door..

complete liao. wow it took me one hour because i do it casually.. ha ha. now it is so tight..

hope this gives u idea how to do it, .if u have better idea pls share :biggrin:

Last edited:

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
I have no idea what youve just explained above but thanks for the effort bro... some pics might help thou:top:

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
well done adam. Thanks for sharing.

Guys, you have to remove the door panel then you will know how to DIY it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Asia Pacific (APAC) Ferrari Challenge round 4 concluded last Sunday at the Sepang International Circuit with dual wins for Steve Wyatt (Australia) and Liang Wang (China) in their respective categories.

Wyatt has won the Trofeo Pirelli...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience