Driver side door cannot open...

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Hi guys....

Now my FD driver side door cannot be open from inside or outside... Any idea and solution? Now Im worry how the door going to be open before it can be fix...

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
jasonlel said:
Hi guys....

Now my FD driver side door cannot be open from inside or outside... Any idea and solution? Now Im worry how the door going to be open before it can be fix...
Ok, now I manage to open the door. But after much checking,I peep throught the hole from inside the door panel, I'm able to see how the lock lever works. I notice that when i use the key to lock, the lever will pull the rod up (lock). But when I try to unlock using the key, the lever did not push the rod down (unlock). Why is this so? Is my rod out of position? Rod too short?

I was told that the rod connecting to the lock have to be place outter side of the lower screw. See my picture below.... But even thou I try to position the rod to the outter screw I'm not able to put the handle back in place and I notice the rod holder wont be able to catch the rod too. Anyone can help?

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
aiM said:
hmm.... /me thinking.. i need to see that thing and take the feeling.. when u going back to jb???
Aiseh... after my last try, what u told me is bogus la... hahaha

The real problem is the rod connecting to the lock is weak, thus when unlocking the door, instead of "pushing" the rod down, the rod is flexing and in actual fact not completely pushing the rod down. Guess I need a new placement.

Another thing is I suspect my remote looking "GUN" arent working too.

Looks like 2 in 1 package.....

Last but not least, thanks for Glen tips too... :p :p

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i jason,

I had the same problem some time ago. I replaced it with an aftermarket solenoid. The drawback is that the solenoid is not an exact fit therefore its pretty "tight" to unlock with key. Can be done but you go through 1 key a month as it bends due to excessive force. Let me know if there's anything else you need help with.

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
phat7 said:
i jason,

I had the same problem some time ago. I replaced it with an aftermarket solenoid. The drawback is that the solenoid is not an exact fit therefore its pretty "tight" to unlock with key. Can be done but you go through 1 key a month as it bends due to excessive force. Let me know if there's anything else you need help with.
phat7,
Your term "aftermarket solenoid" is what the local ppl refer it as the central locking "gun"?

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
jasonlel said:
Hi guys....

Yo guys.... and gals...

Finally took half a day for me to install the door mechanism bought over from Glen. Ofcourse there are a few hip cup during the process but all when well.... Took out the door panel, then the window guide and remove the door lock. Installation is in reverse order....

For now everything is as good as new... able to close the door easier than before... I also lub both side of the exterior door handle.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

got a slight prob here...once in a while the reading will go crazy...as if the thing is faulty....but after a while its back to normal....it happened recently....does it mean the sensor is showing sign of faulty?or the sensor attachment is loose?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience