Turbo Vs Vtec

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
Yaa...I did agree that Honda is hensem boy car, if U drive a honda U r hensem, he...he..., coz' most of my female friend always goin' nuts when a guy drive a Honda, plus if the owner/driver really hensem & macho, it's a package...plus Faizal Tahir also drive the Honda Civic Type R(coz' 1 of my female fren' crazy bout' him & coz' of that, she said his ride Cool)...like I said, I admire Honda at the first time...Vtec roar sound nice to my ear, maybe my environment make me not hate...just didn't like Honda that much...same like U, I also like when my car tapau the Vtec, if their any "mengelabah Vtec" in front of me I tech him a lesson...he...he...he...:evil:

Like I mention at my 1st thread...both has their strenghs & weakness...just how much money U willing to burn...:biggrin:
ahahahha!!why suddenly faizal tahir in this story!u make me laugh out lound in my office.

btw, vtech car only dare to drag 300m, if hway not many dare to fight with turbo car.im oso using s-flow setup! i potong roaring vtech engine like nobody business in silent and peace!

but once i kena dgn vtech,that time im using gsr engine, its a white eg and a malay driver. bcoz of that i buang my gsr engine and change to evo! now i had a peace on the road! :biggrin:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
wah... proton also consider cacat ah? then my car lagi super cacat la... a 28 years old toyota convert engine.. at the same time.... a friend of mine with a civic eg6 perang fully loaded b20b is parked long time at my house bcuz that bugger only only come back and stay at my town every 2 weeks and his house no place to park his car.... i get the chance to bring his car out for exercise every once a week.... noisy as hell ... but had its fun of its own....

vtec win or turbo win all boil down to 2 criteria which most pl confuses.... one will be the 0-400m dash and one will be the engine power...... some say turbo menang and some say vtec menang.. but the question is ... menang apa?:hmmmm:

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
thats not investment.... its more towards...

ermmm... who got more money to burn.. :biggrin:

WiiR4

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
Waa...it been awhile...it getting hot...he...he...vote for turbo...yearh!!! saass...ka-ching!!!
thanks y'all I really appreciate it...

yeah...it true...for all turbo owner don't cucuk2 or bakar2 vtec ar...same goes to vtec...I think all of us love JDM cars, some maybe already own it, so some who don't but get the feel by using "keta cacat" I think it ok what! it's been a rival bout' a long time for turbo & vtec, vtec proud for their 9000rpm rev, turbo, hmm...i/c, b.o.v, wastegate, boost &...(he...he...he...still buyers to turbo...)

anyway, I agree with don't hate the car, hate the driver...ssaaaassss...ka-ching!!!!:driver:

edmunz85

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2006
c even talkin in this tread oso know d....yesterday night me n my frens were on da way out from puchong....waitin in trafic....my fren front of me satria 1.6 stock.......me behind him stock gsr...beside him 1 vtec.....rev n rev....once green he tryin2run wif my fren.....i got so pist......chased n cucuk him till he turn away....y wanna purposely disturb ppl1....

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
Im a Vtec owner... But im not Lan C at all.... Sometime Turbo owner do cucuk me... Is ok..
Is the matter about the driver attitude..!!! Not the Vtec or Turbo..Peace

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
I thought this thread supposed to be discussion bout distinguish/similiarity on turbo/vtec...
but read read, until driver behavior :D

for me i go for both...priority goes to turbo..
i love the vtec sound as well as wastegate sound LOL

cliffordcheong

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
i strongly believe vtec has proven that without the siput...still level with turbo...bravo to HONDA...

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
relax...small matter only ... misread only i guess... vtec is indeed a very successfull design for an NA engine.. .it can really squeeze every bit of hp out of the engine

TermiziYeoh

1,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2005
Cheras , Sel
Did i say Taiwan only ?

READ BETWEEN THE LINES
But your post clearly only mentioned Taiwan. Why get angry so fast ? Turbo spooling or vtec kicking in ? :biggrin:

Like bro renxun mentioned - this menang that, that menang those, but menang apa ?

To each and own preference, both is a very good modification platform, and they make their name throughout the worldwide without debating with each other maker (eg :Mitsu and Honda), why us should do the dirty job then ? Both having its own plus and cons, and winning against each other isnt the most important thing, to me, satisfaction of the owner says it all.

p/s : Some bad apple spoiled the whole garden. Not every Vtec-ers are arrogant and not many turbo-ians are lansi. Cheers :wavey:

p/p/s: I dont have neither of Turbo nor Vtec :driver:

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Turbo is a different ball game and VTEC is a different ball game. Why it can compete is because the chasis is also lightweight. Lets take 2.0litre VTEC/i-vtec turbocharged DC5 it the same boost level as an EVO with 4G63T, same displacement and same sized turbo. Then you can start comparing apples to apples on the track.

Stock VTEC engines equipped cars vs turbo equipped cars is not a fair comparison...END of STORY. I as a b-series honda owner have nothing to prove racing against other turbo make cars. It just looks silly coz i know i'm slow.

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
Turbo is on its own level la...vtec has its own as well,
if to compare which 1 is damm fast my choice is still TURBO,
Vtec is to power and handling matter...But turbo cars
is damm FAST...and i love the G-FORCE when turbo kicks in.
YET it`s a Money matter la...to have fast cars.
But when people start saying those having convert turbo engine
is CACAT CARS its sound really lan ci then:mad:,juz becoz
we driving cars wif proton logo which is MALAYSIAN MADE,
and Mithsu engine to gain that title ar...Why not like tis
for those tat came out that words starts pakcs thier thing
and migrate to their car country manufacture..c how? can by
cars or ride bike?....:bawling:

MALAYSIA BOLEH

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

How do you remove black stains on the engine? I have tried WD40, Jif, all sorts of other stuff... saliva, sweat... Sigh. Any ideas?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience