Where to custom piston and con rods

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Any way to get custom piston in Malaysia?
Some tell me to email to oversea company to order, but who and which company.
Izzit possible to get it done in malaysia

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
u want customade pistons for your almera? I don't think its worth it. just do port & polish enuf.
Agreed, I know it not really worth, just wanna check do anywhere can get this kind of service, lower compression much suitable for turbo, should be last longer, just my 2 cent. Or incase if my stock broke down I able to get one.
I do have other car to play with, but hope to complete thus one first, and stop.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Find interchangeable pistons. I know someone like Izso did it with kembara piston on his 4G15. I think.
Ya, was planning to do so, If interchange, means I need to look for same cc car?
Lets say, if I have a engine kosong, so I just need to look for piston that could fit in with lower compression?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
do like wat SC claims, use lower compression pistons from other cars but u need to do a lot of research on whether is the piston durable or not, if not end up blowing your engine.

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
do like wat SC claims, use lower compression pistons from other cars but u need to do a lot of research on whether is the piston durable or not, if not end up blowing your engine.
I'm just running 0.6, dint plan to go high with it, its just daily driving car.
Seldom rev hard too, driving with monitoring boost meter.
TQ for the idea, will try looking for it at other car.

Rafale

Known Member
Dec 10, 2006
Selangor KLIA
HR15DE: Bore : 78.0 mm (3.07 in) ; Stroke 78.4 mm (3.09 in) ; Capacity : 1498 cc

Like other suggestions, try looking for 78mm piston size with lower compression from other engine model.
Some engines that can use 78mm piston: Campro (oversize 2mm), 4g91, RB20

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, agree with it, after market are better.
But bad thing was, i'm only driving an almera, I cant find any after market con rods and piston for my hr15de in local yet.
That is the problem when you mod a common car that is not used for modding.....:smokin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
I'm just running 0.6, dint plan to go high with it, its just daily driving car.
Seldom rev hard too, driving with monitoring boost meter.
TQ for the idea, will try looking for it at other car.
0.6 only ah? and seldom rev hard? no real need to spend on custom pistons.. stock pistons will hold up well enough... maybe add a thicker or another layer head gasket to bring the compression down abit.

unless u wanna start boosting above 1 bar then yeah, ull definitely need forged pistons.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all..anyone had use before? what is the durability compare to original...any experience is welcome..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience