4G91 Gang..

joseph_lim75

Known Member
Nov 8, 2006
To all 4g91 sifu,

I have a 1997 wira and my year of 4g91 MT transplant is around 2003. Ever since till now, I have never went through a major service or changing timing belt. But so far my engine still running fine and smooth. I forgotten the mileage number when I do the transplant. Currently, my car FC with full tank can go up to 420KM, not sure this is consider high or low FC. In addition, I have quite a heavy wheel with a 60/65 inch profile front and back on a 15 inch rim.

My question is, if I need to do a major service, not overhaul, what are the things I need to change and check ? Also what are the rough cost estimate for each checklist ?

1. Starting what I know for sure is my timing belt. Saw in this same forum which is around RM410 include installation
2. ???
3. ???

Can any sifu shed me some light.

My current dashboard had changed to a CK dashboard, not the original 4g91 dash. Currently, my digital air cond temperature is not working. And I confirm is not the digital panel or its circuit problem, is something to do with the internal parts that comes with the blowers. Does anyone know where i can find a experience wiring guy who experts in this area ?

Last edited:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
To all 4g91 sifu,

I have a 1997 wira and my year of 4g91 MT transplant is around 2003. Ever since till now, I have never went through a major service or changing timing belt. But so far my engine still running fine and smooth. I forgotten the mileage number when I do the transplant. Currently, my car FC with full tank can go up to 420KM, not sure this is consider high or low FC. In addition, I have quite a heavy wheel with a 60/65 inch profile front and back on a 15 inch rim.

My question is, if I need to do a major service, not overhaul, what are the things I need to change and check ? Also what are the rough cost estimate for each checklist ?

1. Starting what I know for sure is my timing belt. Saw in this same forum which is around RM410 include installation
2. ???
3. ???

Can any sifu shed me some light.

My current dashboard had changed to a CK dashboard, not the original 4g91 dash. Currently, my digital air cond temperature is not working. And I confirm is not the digital panel or its circuit problem, is something to do with the internal parts that comes with the blowers. Does anyone know where i can find a experience wiring guy who experts in this area ?
Only can help you with the timing belt part, as i just changed mine last year, Gates, with installation rm200..Done by my mechanic. Got a good price for the timing belt though.. rm150.. And according to him, it is original..Oh well..will have it change once it has reached 70K mark..
If you have service ur engine on time, i dont see why a major overhaul is needed.. Maybe just valve lifters sevice, since it is a well known 4g9X issues with them..
Aircon, best leave it to the aircon shops..Im not that good in that area as well..hehe

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
hope can get help here

my engine when start run until rpm 2K will shack and lost of power(all the gear)

but while idling is OK no shacking at all

i had done the below check and repair but problem still there

1. engine mounting
2. spark plug
3. plug cable
4. air filter

now i suspect then pulley jam

is it possible the pulley jam will cause the engine shacking??

any JB workshop recommended for then error code checking and very familiar with 4G91 engine??

syimirmazlan

Apr 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi all forummers here...just wanna ask what is the standard injectors for 4g91..and what is the suitable size for upgrades such as full exhaust setup and high cam?

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
sifus

want ask : currently im driving iswara 1.5 carby , planning to get a carby version of 4g91 or is it better to get injection verison
if i go for carby version of 4g91
can i just get the engine only ?? and the rest use back 4g15 parts possible??

or have to do half cut change all to 4g91 parts ??

iswara204

500 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
sifus

want ask : currently im driving iswara 1.5 carby , planning to get a carby version of 4g91 or is it better to get injection verison
if i go for carby version of 4g91
can i just get the engine only ?? and the rest use back 4g15 parts possible??

or have to do half cut change all to 4g91 parts ??
Bro Elmo_X,

On my opinion, a 4g91 fuel injection is anytime better than the carby model. There is horsepower difference too. Why i say this, my friend changed 4g91 carby and compared with mine (4g91 fuel injection), he cant catch up although he can go on high rev, which he suffers power loss on high rev.
End up spending more time and money to look for necessary fuel injection part for the conversion.

I cant recall much what he changed, but from my best memory, he just changed engine lantai ( block+head+carb).

Anyone else done a 4g91 carb here?

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
but will there be any issue on JPJ ?? since the engine mounting need to have some minor alteration
full 4g91 injection then need get half cut leh , since my ride is carby need totally rip off the whole thing and redo

or are there any cheaper way to change to 4g91 ??

syimirmazlan

Apr 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
but will there be any issue on JPJ ?? since the engine mounting need to have some minor alteration
full 4g91 injection then need get half cut leh , since my ride is carby need totally rip off the whole thing and redo

or are there any cheaper way to change to 4g91 ??
just buy a complete injection set, why need to buy 4g91 injection halfcut?complete injection set plus labor will cost about 1.5k...

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
hi bro syimirmazlan

can explain further ??i mean what is complete injection set??
engine only ? remainder use back 4g15 auto??

syimirmazlan

Apr 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi bro syimirmazlan

can explain further ??i mean what is complete injection set??
engine only ? remainder use back 4g15 auto??
owh sorry man, i thought u already ran a 4g91 carburetor...hmm, if u r thinking of upgrading to 4g91, its better to get the 4g91 injection as the 4g91 carburetor power is not much of a different compares to 4g15...

joseph_lim75

Known Member
Nov 8, 2006
Hi everyone, i would like to know if there is any throttle controller out there that is meant for our 4g91 engine. Like the Pivot 3-drive, e-drive throttle controller. You can change sport, eco, normal mode and then by applying different steps to different modes to suit your driving style. Anyone ?

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
if im not mistaken... throttle controller is for those newer cars dat uses "drive-by-wire"...
for older engines dat uses throttle cable, it will b useless....

syimirmazlan

Apr 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I wouldn't recommend 4G93 head on a 4G91 block... u end u lowering your compression drastically... as though 4G91 doesn't already have a low enough compression. =p

You'd actually lose power. =p
hello bro...where do u get the idea that 4g91 head wont fit or will lower down the compression drastically?i saw some of ur post stating that 4g91 head jacket is not same bla bla bla...u will make people confuse...
4g91 and 4g93 head shares the same water jacket position, and fitting 4g91 wont lower down ur compression...never...
but it wont make as a little good power like 4g93 head simply just because the of the air inlet in 4g93 is a bit better...that's all..

beztien

Nov 10, 2008
hello bro...where do u get the idea that 4g91 head wont fit or will lower down the compression drastically?i saw some of ur post stating that 4g91 head jacket is not same bla bla bla...u will make people confuse...
4g91 and 4g93 head shares the same water jacket position, and fitting 4g91 wont lower down ur compression...never...
but it wont make as a little good power like 4g93 head simply just because the of the air inlet in 4g93 is a bit better...that's all..
Reboring your block to 81mm and use mivec high comp piston or 92 Dohc will help a lot on compensating the 4g93 head. Ive done it. A great rojak recipe!:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

hi all forummers here...just wanna ask what is the standard injectors for 4g91..and what is the suitable size for upgrades such as full exhaust setup and high cam?
Hi there,

240cc from mivec or 4g93 should be enough. Or, to be safe, get 275cc from eterna Twin turbo. Make sure u have a piggyback to tune the AFR...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The sweeping evolution of technology in cars that demand striving for perfection has once again swept through the corridors of performance models and the next generation Porsche 911 GT3 looks to be the next victim with rumours indicating a dual-clutch transmission will replace the enthusiasts-favoured manual.

According to a Rennlist member that got to pick the brains of a Porsche executive in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience