ayell

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Hahah,out of ideas already with what to do.. Maintain with what it is for now.. 91 engine..hehe..
Anyway,hello to all...

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
missing you like hell hehehehehe
Yeh rite, Hows your car bro? anything new? My car now didnt do much, my sister drive it more than me even. I drive wifeys car only. hahahaha.. that is until i manage to get a satria body laaa..

sk8

Jun 23, 2010
Manila, PH
hello everyone!

i need help on my 91. i know im having problems with the a/f mixture as my spark plugs tell me so, and so as my tail pipe (very foul smell). i think by just minimizing the air in the mixture will solve the problem. but the problem really is, i do not know how to adjust the a/f!

can someone please direct me to the right knob to tweak. thanks in advance guys! more horse power to you!

cik_yat

Known Member
Aug 31, 2006
Miami
wandianagarageinc.blogspot.com
hello everyone!

i need help on my 91. i know im having problems with the a/f mixture as my spark plugs tell me so, and so as my tail pipe (very foul smell). i think by just minimizing the air in the mixture will solve the problem. but the problem really is, i do not know how to adjust the a/f!

can someone please direct me to the right knob to tweak. thanks in advance guys! more horse power to you!
bro, using carb or inj?

sk8

Jun 23, 2010
Manila, PH
bro, using carb or inj?
hi bro. im using the efi edition.

earlier this morning, i removed the air filter, tried to cover the MAP sensor (air passage) with my hand (basically, minimizing the entry of air) and tried to rev the engine and it responded very well. this makes me think that the problem really is the amount of air going in. or maybe this is a MAP sensor issue? what do you guys think?

thanks!

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
only proper way to check ur a/f is to put a wideband sensor at ur exhaust...
only proper wat to tune (increase/decrease) ur air fuel is by using piggyback or standalone...

sk8

Jun 23, 2010
Manila, PH
only proper way to check ur a/f is to put a wideband sensor at ur exhaust...
only proper wat to tune (increase/decrease) ur air fuel is by using piggyback or standalone...
thanks calvin.

i will consider getting a SAFC and have it tuned. i think, after all the diagnostics and troubleshooting, this is the last thing i can do.

thanks guys!

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
thanks calvin.

i will consider getting a SAFC and have it tuned. i think, after all the diagnostics and troubleshooting, this is the last thing i can do.

thanks guys!
There might be something wrong with your car, but dont jump to conclusion so quickly. Getting an SAFC might not be the solution when there is something else wrong with it. How long have all this been going on, Did it only happen recently?

What i would check first
1. Go have an MUT scan, your ECU will store fault code if it detects anything unusual / malfunction.

2.If there is any unmetered air getting into your engine, such as a leak in the intake pipe, a vacuum hose disconnected which you didnt notice, etc.

3. Check if you have the correct MAF for your ECU, this is if you have ever changed it before. Then, check if it is in good functioning condition.

4. Check your spark plug, may want to have it changed & gapped properly. Also make sure its the correct heat range.

sk8

Jun 23, 2010
Manila, PH
There might be something wrong with your car, but dont jump to conclusion so quickly. Getting an SAFC might not be the solution when there is something else wrong with it. How long have all this been going on, Did it only happen recently?

What i would check first
1. Go have an MUT scan, your ECU will store fault code if it detects anything unusual / malfunction.

2.If there is any unmetered air getting into your engine, such as a leak in the intake pipe, a vacuum hose disconnected which you didnt notice, etc.

3. Check if you have the correct MAF for your ECU, this is if you have ever changed it before. Then, check if it is in good functioning condition.

4. Check your spark plug, may want to have it changed & gapped properly. Also make sure its the correct heat range.
thanks for the reminders sir. but all of the above have been done already (except the MUT part as my harness does not include the OBD plug)

but, the problem have been corrected.

may i just share what happened and how i fixed the problem:

i have another friend who has the same engine. his is working properly.
first i borrowed his ECU and the problem persisted. faulty ECU ruled out :biggrin:
then i borrowed the whole throttle body, including the MAF, TPS, Servo, everything but the problem was still there :confused:

then i borrowed his hi tension wires and coil pack but the problem was still there! :banghead:

when we analyzed it, the problem wasnt in the intake, was not electrical either... then i thought fuel pump! :biggrin:

come to think of it, the engine will really get too much air if less gasoline is being fed. so i changed the pump immediately and voila! got the quick response and power again! :driver:

im just sharing folks in case someone else experience this.

thanks for all the input guys!

hAz

Known Member
Feb 17, 2007
hye guys,

it's been quite some time since i last posted here...
i got prob with my auto GB!
was driving last night, the road was uneven and i guess it hit the GB..
now oil leaking. just noticed this morning!

kindly need advice from sifu here whether can i just change the auto GB casing?
or what's the best solution? change to manual GB would cost how much nowadays eh?

*diy change my oil sump.. so happen got crack on it. about rm200 damage. lucky it was the oil sump. else i would have opt for manual! heh

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I've just convert my engine together to 4691 (halfcut). My meter lamp is not working, my break lamp is not working unless you press the break. My radio cannot on. My headlight (low light) would not work. My air-cond is working but not functioning 100& - there are functions that seems dont work.

Can you guys help?

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Better ask back the workshop that install your engine.. If all is properly connected, should not have much problems if the halfcut is in good condition..

ayell

500 RPM
Jun 18, 2004
Segamat JHR
Yuhuuu guys, how's your 4G91? Getting faster?

Long time not in here, want to show off a bit hehehhe :P

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW Group Malaysia recently unveiled the latest BMW M5 at Bukit Kiara Equestrian for the BMW Malaysian Open 2012. This fifth generation M5 is now powered by a 4.4-litre V8 engine working in tandem with two TwinScroll turbos and putting out 560PS and 680Nm (arriving at just 1,500rpm!) of torque. While some purists might lament the downsizing trend, do bear...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience