My ceFIRO

onionbay

Jun 29, 2005
KL
Normally our feilo oso quite save fuel kua..

I only replace HKS air filter, Denso Iridium IK20 Spark plug and cyclone, Engine oil was Castol RS 10-60.

Last engine uncle drive can even reach about 884km in 69litre. speed in between 110km - 120km (Pasir Gudang - KL - Penang - Alor Setar - Taiping) so was about 13km/litre. btw tire was 225-50-17, Toyo T1R
City drive about 11km per litre

New replace engine can go 730km in 64litre (with 30kg autoloader+tools box+laptop about 20kg + etc etc) from KL-CJ-Batu Pahat-CJ-KL-Seremban. about 12km per litre, tire 215-50-17 Toyo T1R.
City drive about 9-10km per litre.

So now new engine makan more minyak than last one.
bro, your HKS open pod or drop in? i'm driving a 3.0 with 235/40/18 rubber. when crusing around town, can hit 500km with light foot. on highway more than 500km.

i found in the net, the japanese spec has 220hp, i wonder how come malaysia one has 190hp only..another 30 ponnies missing... does anyone know where the other 30 ponnies went to edi?

Last edited:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
bro, your HKS open pod or drop in? i'm driving a 3.0 with 235/40/18 rubber. when crusing around town, can hit 500km with light foot. on highway more than 500km.

i found in the net, the japanese spec has 220hp, i wonder how come malaysia one has 190hp only..another 30 ponnies missing... does anyone know where the other 30 ponnies went to edi?
My wild guess on the hidden 30 ponnies would either be the ECU difference or the variable valve lift of the late models (of JDMS).

:biggrin:

Bump:
found d reader... wonder wat type of chip inside ecu... if like pc bios then i can backup it...
If i were u, i wouldn't touch the ECUs coz unlike the hondas or toyotas which is more tolerant to mods/hacking. Our VQs r very unfriendly to any changes made to it , even simple things like changing spark plugs, ignition coils or even ATF oil change! (if it is done wrgly). Anyways goods luck to you, bro..hehehe.:biggrin:

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Normally our feilo oso quite save fuel kua..

I only replace HKS air filter, Denso Iridium IK20 Spark plug and cyclone, Engine oil was Castol RS 10-60.

Last engine uncle drive can even reach about 884km in 69litre. speed in between 110km - 120km (Pasir Gudang - KL - Penang - Alor Setar - Taiping) so was about 13km/litre. btw tire was 225-50-17, Toyo T1R
City drive about 11km per litre

New replace engine can go 730km in 64litre (with 30kg autoloader+tools box+laptop about 20kg + etc etc) from KL-CJ-Batu Pahat-CJ-KL-Seremban. about 12km per litre, tire 215-50-17 Toyo T1R.
City drive about 9-10km per litre.

So now new engine makan more minyak than last one.
wat engine u replaced? seem like 17inch & 15inch fc quite close :hmmmm:

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
Hi Onionbay, previously I use drop-in HKS, and oso i use Shell full synthetic ATF.:biggrin: but now using K&N drop-in, Castrol edge but spark plug not yet change still using the halfcut one.

Seizai, I found out the damn gear box cause it(about 250 rpm different at 120km/h),:banghead: the gear ratio is higher than the old gear box. I can't use it back, it was damage and done 385k km liao, if i want to repair it may cause me another RM3500, somemore the wiring all tak ngam.:bawling: That's y now looking for manual gear box change.

Asked few friend they said ampang and belakong got workshop do this kind of work but the price is between 3k to 4.5k(everything include lar but they will take ur auto gearbox), so now "think think first":confused:

Bump: I still using 2.0 lor.:biggrin:

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
actually le.. changing gearbox is quite easy since

1)there is no ecu for gearbox, original one can throw away.
2)juz plug n play only mah... but dunno d shaft ngam size not...
3)if u hv jack mesin can diy mah...

may be becoz of too many things hv to take out so labour charge quite high (potong kepala)

i planning mod to 2.0 neo (blok only) or 2.5 (blok only) after i kena jackpot :love:

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
I know changing the gearbox is ez, but as u said lor labour kill u lor, 4sure ton of thing need to take out first b4 can change it lor. Ya said is ez, do that time u will headache liao.:rofl:

Actually i plan to do it at my friend workshop in Seremban, but that fellow got mood one, he not syok, he would do it 4me, he very "kia su" fellow. I'm sure my feilo can kill his lovely camry 2.4.:biggrin:

polaris

Aug 7, 2008

i'm driving a 3.0 with original tyre, similar with yours, can hit 500km around town, highway very save fuel...

onionbay

Jun 29, 2005
KL
My wild guess on the hidden 30 ponnies would either be the ECU difference or the variable valve lift of the late models (of JDMS).

:biggrin:

Bump: If i were u, i wouldn't touch the ECUs coz unlike the hondas or toyotas which is more tolerant to mods/hacking. Our VQs r very unfriendly to any changes made to it , even simple things like changing spark plugs, ignition coils or even ATF oil change! (if it is done wrgly). Anyways goods luck to you, bro..hehehe.:biggrin:

I wonder if E-Damage :biggrin: can gain back the ponnies...

doob

May 2, 2006
Dunno if a VQ23DE from Teana would fit the A32/33 without any major mod?
It would be great if can be done :)

doob
JDM A33
VQ20DE - NEO

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
my fc between 16sen ~ 18sen per km :hmmmm:

FC drop recently due to very very hot weather at penang...

any others way to solve this? air ram?

just received d ecu reader.... damn.. software come with juz support 300z :(

Last edited by a moderator:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=64497

Leading the pack was the much acclaimed R34 Skyline GT-R Z-tune, the latest and most extreme factory
car Nismo has built. Half a dozen 400Rs followed close behind as well as...

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience