4g93t vs 4g92 MIVEC

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
wo........ good point there bro.
NA power is limited comparing to turbo.
is it true that mivec spare parts hard to find? and how is the price for the mivec spare parts? expensive?

Wajafly

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Shah Alam
Hi bro.

Yes. Very difficult to source especially the head, wiring, ecu, solenoid, oil pump, crankshaft, TPS and other things. Although some parts like clutch pump can be bought at spare part shop, a lot other things can't...

For example, solenoid itself if got people sell will be RM300. Just a small piece of metal. And the complete head could cost RM1000 to RM1200. Expensive...

That's why I have planned to go for VR4 terbalik (specially modded) and rebuild the internals. I just target 240whp and my main objective is just for it to last long without problems like overheating and knocking. The G which Mivec lacks, is my biggest aim. :biggrin:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
oic so u meant mivec dont have enough torque to stick u to the seat lar.
turbo will always satisfy ur desire towards higher G.
last time i test drive 3sgte stock engine on MR2(199X year car). got stuck to the seat canot move during acceleration.

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
FR is hard to drive and hard to corner ? Not true. It depends on the driver. I have drove A31 and 180sx and 200sx. Even an auntie can corner with it.

Nobody ask u to simply step into any FR and floor it around the corner, ofcoz u loose grip by doing to a car u r not familar with.

Anyway, if u got a proton with 400bhp VR4, can u beat a 200sx 250bhp ? The problem is does the proton has the 50/50 STABILITY as the 200sx ?

Not to condem GSR/VR4 players here, but these 2 engine is too old to compete with honda or nissan nowadays.

Unless u throw 30k to mod the GSR/VR4, where hence a simple B16C-BOT or a SR20DET could take u by no means of effort.
Everyone wif a valid driving liciense can take a corner wif any car rite.. question is how fast n how hard???

400hp VR4 vs 250hp S13 in sepang, i'll vote VR4.. I know wat u mean here but have to depend on circuit also... FF layout is more easier to control n safer especially 4 beginner who learn to go fast, FR is more on intermediate, small mistake can lead to danger especially raining (happen to me once, 360 turn. damn scare) hehe... FF have the limitation, front to drive n steer meanwhile FR is front to steer n rear to drive. Try 400hp FF vs 400hp FR. then different story liao...

GSR/VR4 too old!!! hmmm...B16A & SR20Det is also from 1989 onward woh whereby VR4 is around 1991 & GSR is more newer. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Actually, muz compare apple to apple. NA vs FI juz a different catagories. Personally if u like the mechanise feel or engine screming or downshift at high rpm then take NA. If u like sudden trust power, big power gain & high g force then turbo loh..

Also canot compare wif the modification cost ratio between NA & FI. Of cause 4 those turbo lover will said, wif tat kind of $$$ mod in NA if in turbo my car can go veli fast woh... Turbo & NA have their own fun... (I own SR20DET & also vtec but I more prefer NA).

The statement saying all proton cars are useless.. Actually the putra, gti & tiang gold wira is a good car. If not mistaken the body is oledi stiffen wif extra metal plate (stock) & these car quite similar wif those mitsubishi one... Do not under estimate these cars. Put the comparision like tis (stock)... 4dr EG B16A vs Wira 1.6 Mivec vs 4dr corolla 4age 20v BT.. Do u think any of tis can out run each other 3~4 tiang...

I think u dislike proton juz bcoz of package, power, status & glamour like wat u mention..

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
What it really boils down to here, is having a healthy respect for different types of cars. It's easy to sit there behind the computer and run your fingers over the keyboard to express your "internet" based knowledge compared with real world. *Shrug* no one is perfect, best to be humble unless you are damn cock sure.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
Actually, muz compare apple to apple. NA vs FI juz a different catagories. Personally if u like the mechanise feel or engine screming or downshift at high rpm then take NA. If u like sudden trust power, big power gain & high g force then turbo loh..

Also canot compare wif the modification cost ratio between NA & FI. Of cause 4 those turbo lover will said, wif tat kind of $$$ mod in NA if in turbo my car can go veli fast woh... Turbo & NA have their own fun... (I own SR20DET & also vtec but I more prefer NA).

The statement saying all proton cars are useless.. Actually the putra, gti & tiang gold wira is a good car. If not mistaken the body is oledi stiffen wif extra metal plate (stock) & these car quite similar wif those mitsubishi one... Do not under estimate these cars. Put the comparision like tis (stock)... 4dr EG B16A vs Wira 1.6 Mivec vs 4dr corolla 4age 20v BT.. Do u think any of tis can out run each other 3~4 tiang...

I think u dislike proton juz bcoz of package, power, status & glamour like wat u mention..
agree with u bro SAO. have to compare among the same class.

NA and FI engine has different kind of midification so cost is of cozs different a lot. in NA u wont have intercooler, BOV, boost controller, turbo.

yes i heard putra, GTI chasis are strong can withstand 280bhp.

Wajafly

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Shah Alam
Hi every sifu here.

What if Mivec 4G92 Turbo vs. 4G93T?

Although a 1.6 vs. a 1.8... I think they are quite equal. Correct me if wrong... TQ.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Hi every sifu here.

What if Mivec 4G92 Turbo vs. 4G93T?

Although a 1.6 vs. a 1.8... I think they are quite equal. Correct me if wrong... TQ.
As we know that B16a could easily makan stock and mild modded 4G93T and the stock Mivec CK power output almost equal to stock B16A on dyno-run, therefore i suppose certain level of modified Mivec CK would able to makan 4G93T lor!. Of course, if turbo mivec turbocharged, no problem at all!

Just my opinion

Mar 21, 2008
Take it to the track is even worst, the honda with B16A can fully control the car, while the modded 4G93T will be facing torque steer n understeer.....

How can u compare 4G93T with a engineered B16A ?

Its like taking a frankenstien VS a professional.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
And here he comes again. What the hell does B16A fully control the car mean? Like the B16A can drive the car for you?

4G93T understeer and torquesteer? Stock 4G93Ts don't understeer if driven correctly. Even lightly modded ones don't understeer driven precisely.

B16A in what car vs a 4G93T in what car?

Stop making baseless judgments.

And BTW some Mivec CKs are crap. Same with some 1st gen Mivecs. Its more about the condition of the engine at the halfcut shop, that's where you'll find your missing horse power.

SoYouThinkYouCanDrive,

Only fools return to make the same mistakes. Bring more credible arguments to the table rather than your paltry, "oh honda is better than my mother" arguments. It shows your immaturity, especially where cars are concerned. Because it is clearly evident to readers of this thread that you are a n00b.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
now the hurm is even longer!..hurmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! kekekekekeke

Wajafly

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Shah Alam
Aiyor... deacon kor kor very marah liao...

Aja, is it really a B16A can challenge 4G93T? I've seen a stock B16A (4 doors dunno what model) manual dynoed close to 150 on wheel only. While a stock GSR 4G93T (on Gen2) manual dynoed close to 170 on wheel on the same machine...

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
As we know that B16a could easily makan stock and mild modded 4G93T and the stock Mivec CK power output almost equal to stock B16A on dyno-run, therefore i suppose certain level of modified Mivec CK would able to makan 4G93T lor!. Of course, if turbo mivec turbocharged, no problem at all!

Just my opinion
I dun think stock B16A can makan 4G93T if B16B typeR maybe:hmmmm: ... Stock B16A onli can eat those mazda B6, if B8 then the B16A will eat the smoke.. Should be B8 vs 4G93T then onli ngam...hehe

Take it to the track is even worst, the honda with B16A can fully control the car, while the modded 4G93T will be facing torque steer n understeer.....

How can u compare 4G93T with a engineered B16A ?

Its like taking a frankenstien VS a professional.
Agree wif deacon, here he comes again, jeng jeng:adore:

I think u r brainwash by those honda guys eventhough i myself also a honda fan here, but the fact is ur comparision is totally screw... Wat the hell was 4G93T vs engineered B16A, sumore frankenstien vs professional:hmmmm: ???:rofl:

Honda wif B16A can fully control the car.:mad: So u mean the B16A drive 4 u lah like the BMW auto parking devise lah...:rofl: All FF car is tend to understeer included ur admire honda (not S2000 n nsx).

Hmmm... how to explain torque steer leh....:idea:
Torque steer normally happen on FF car as wat u said but ur statement is not relevant here. It happen especially pick-up, once u floor the gas pedal the car go left n right during launching something like tat lah... If u say during cornering, then very big hp FF will also happen but i believe with the help of LSD 'engineered technolgy' tis situation can be overcome.. Go google and type torque steer, it will explain more...

The term 'Frankenstein' is from matching the vtec head to the non-vtec block like for examples SOHC D16Y8 head to D16Y7 block, DOHC B16A head to B18A block or B16A,B16B head to B20 CRV block arr... etc... So is there any relation between 'Frankenstein vs professional' OMG.. pening liao...:sleep:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My Kia Optima if wanna BOT can or not??
I know Kia got some car is same ford/mazda engine,
so i think mine is same Ford LYNX RS 2.0 engine.I not sure...
B4 Hypertune project car Ford LYNX BOT a HKS turbo...

I ask some workshop,them say Korea car hard to BOT,scare got many problem...
but i saw a HK Option some Mazda6,New toyota Harrier also BOT in a expensive car,
So need help here...or got any workshop good job for BOT...thx~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience