4g93t vs 4g92 MIVEC

masri

Jan 31, 2008
I try to find out bout this topis but not find lor... So need to seek advice from otai and sifu bout this. I want to upgrade my engine for performance. But not hardcore one.. So which one is better, either MIVEC or GSR? Currently I am using Satria.... I need to know about halfcut price, performance wise, less problem, maintenance and so on... Seek all of your advice.... TQ...

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
if reability is your concern go for mivec.if wanna horsepower gsr.
mivec is cheaper to run compared gsr plus the halfcut oso much cheaper and easy to endorse.
if gila kuasa oredy go for evo,alot of performance part in the market.

4G93Brothers

Oct 10, 2004
JB
i'd rather go for NA application...

masri

Jan 31, 2008
Is GSR gor lot problem? My tendency is to GSR... :)

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
stock GSR wont cause any problem unless u mod like hell + GSR fc quit high if u hunger for power better go for GSR.
If u just want nomal driving like me better mivec and i like the mivec sound too

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
For Satria, prefer to Mivec as power vs chasis design vs handling is better.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
GSR more power. =p

If for normal driving also I'd rather get the GSR, coz' the torque is much higher, much nicer to drive during city driving. =p Highway driving oso lagi shiok, just keep it in 5th gear, at any point wanna overtake the car in front of u, just floor the pedal and wait for the boost to kick in to overtake... dun need to downshift even. =p

GSR's fuel consumption is quite good if you don't mod it much. I know of a person being able to touch 500km on full tank petrol before the petrol light come out with VR4 intercooler + s/steel ic pipings, boosting 1 bar (dyno-ed 200hp on wheels with SAFC2 at GT Auto) running 2.5" exhaust pipings on a satria.

Maintanence wise, I believe whether u shove in a mivec or a GSR also u'll surely change oils every 5000km. So the normal maintanence bout the same lah... only unless u drive until ur turbo kong. Then change turbo lorh... TD04 in the market only like 300-400 bucks. =p i've been driving a turbo for like, so many years adi... never once had my turbo kong.

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
mivec is cheaper to run compared gsr plus the halfcut oso much cheaper and easy to endorse.

Mivec cheaper than GSR....? :hmmmm:

It's true, on maintainance Mivec cheaper compared to GSR...

Lately i've seen one ZTH member sell MIVEC halfcut around 8 - 10K (don't remember actual price.. and confirm it's above than 8K).

This not include the workmanship + timing belt ++ etc.

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
For Satria, prefer to Mivec as power vs chasis design vs handling is better.
Yeah..
Cause Satria and Mivec is just the same especially on chasis/ body chasis.....

All according to mitsubishi design... only different on the front outlook... and of course the engine......

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
WHOA... mivec halfcuts now more than 8k already arh ?!?! WAHLANEH.... damn expensive sialz !! All the halfcut shop's parangs all come out to chop us all!! mahems...

If thats the case... you better REALLY think carefully man... you don't wanna throw 5 figures into something you're not sure. Hahaha... go try to make new friends with people driving mivecs and GSRs on a satria and test them out to see which u like more. =p

Maintanence wise mivec is cheaper, yes, but at a very very very minimal difference... so minimal its practically negligible. You'd have to own a turbo car to actually know this for a fact. Thats why 95% of the people who says GSR is higher maintanence than Mivec never owned a turbo car before. Otherwise u can try go ask GSR owners how's the maintanence like of their cars... surely everyone tell u like normal oni wan. Nobody will complain that the maintanence is expensive... =p

I'd say 70-80% of the people I know who invested and transplanted mivec, regretted later on. =p Quite a few of them invested summore take out the mivec put in GSR. So u'd really want to consider properly.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006

Mivec cheaper than GSR....? :hmmmm:

It's true, on maintainance Mivec cheaper compared to GSR...

Lately i've seen one ZTH member sell MIVEC halfcut around 8 - 10K (don't remember actual price.. and confirm it's above than 8K).

This not include the workmanship + timing belt ++ etc.
mivec halfcut currenty price somewhere rm6k to 7k. if more that it is the CK model(enjin terbalik). gsr price rite now from rm7k ti 8.5k.

now lets we talk bout reliability issues on gsr.
yes, i agreed if u run stock gsr there should not be much problem, but believe me sure ure goin to change bigger IC and bossting up to 1bar.for 1st time user sure u feel the the pull high for std setup, but then when u start kena tapau by other convert car or vtec car sure ure goin to mod it.
1st mod is goin to up the boost to 1bar. by this ure goin to install atleast safc and feul regulator. from here you FC start to increase from stock setup.if this setup u satisfied enough then proceed with gsr, if not ure goin to mod and mode it untill you koyak duit and the car wont reliable enough for daily ride.
the moral here, if u juz wan to change your engine bcos of more power and less hassle go for MIVEC.if u really one to play turbo go for evo.u still can endorse it by using 4g67 or 4g61 block and the price is somewhere gsr halfcut.
stock evo fc is much better than gsr mod and its more powerfull even in stock form.

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
WHOA... mivec halfcuts now more than 8k already arh ?!?! WAHLANEH.... damn expensive sialz !! All the halfcut shop's parangs all come out to chop us all!! mahems...

If thats the case... you better REALLY think carefully man... you don't wanna throw 5 figures into something you're not sure. Hahaha... go try to make new friends with people driving mivecs and GSRs on a satria and test them out to see which u like more. =p

Maintanence wise mivec is cheaper, yes, but at a very very very minimal difference... so minimal its practically negligible. You'd have to own a turbo car to actually know this for a fact. Thats why 95% of the people who says GSR is higher maintanence than Mivec never owned a turbo car before. Otherwise u can try go ask GSR owners how's the maintanence like of their cars... surely everyone tell u like normal oni wan. Nobody will complain that the maintanence is expensive... =p

I'd say 70-80% of the people I know who invested and transplanted mivec, regretted later on. =p Quite a few of them invested summore take out the mivec put in GSR. So u'd really want to consider properly.
Good explained bro..... Hgam ho..! :tee:

masri

Jan 31, 2008

Hehe.. Agreed... I once used turbo before, VR4.... But then change to 4g91..... Then always kena bakar, need to go to turbo back... I got no problem if change to Evo engine but, I think its gonna difficult to endorse rather than GSR. My one oni 1.3 chassis lor :nurse:
The best part of turbo is the blow off sound.. Wahlau, for me its better then mivec sound maa..... Puas ati... But I have been in a MIVEC before, still much more better compared to 1.6 proton.... But I dont know why my friend switch off the aircond before lenjan tha engine kaw kaw.... He said to prevent from air cond belt from putus....
If dont mind. how much the evo engine? Yesterday i went to few places kedai potong, asked about mivec and gsr halfcut plus. MIVEC now priced 7.5 k, MIVEC RS 8.3 k and GSR about 8.5 k. I dont think there is body part in that packages...... Since I need to throw 5 digits of money, I think I better get advice from sifu and otai........ For GSR, is the fuel consumption higher compared to evo? I cant wait to hear again my SSQV hissing...:burnout: ow about JPJ?

masri

Jan 31, 2008
Evo on the market now how much aar?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I am new to car mod. Need some expert advice on this.

I am seeking for the extra top end power of my car. I am driving a 1.8MT and it tops out at 205km/h (need a bit more to pit against most modern cars). Coincidentally my father drives a 2.0AT Inspira and I am thinking of engine swap between the two cars since he does not really utilise its full power.

I do not wish to go down the BOT way due to the potential risk of destroying the engine and the issue of long-term reliability...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience