4g93t vs 4g92 MIVEC

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
Im driving a MIVEC stock standard (Pod Filter) and clock 215,000 km. fuel consumption vary. If drive slow and 90% below 3000 rpm and max 4000 in highway 1 liter is 15 km, if mixture of acceleration then 1 liter is 11km iif harsher will be 10 - 9 km, Full throttle all the way maintain 7000 rpm 1 liter 5km. If ur planning your ride to be just for straight road then take a GSR, my friend had one on his satria 1.3, its maintenance is like normal car, depending on HOW YOU DRIVE, for GSR sharp corners grip is significantly reduce, but power increase, MIVEC is for control and revability. Both engine is equally reliable with proper maintenance and at stock condition.

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
Evo on the market now how much aar?

Evo 1 halfcut around RM7500 - 8K..

Better buy 1 car Evo 1 : 12K
Evo 2 : 15K
Evo 3 : 18K.....

Then... just salin baju...... :biggrin:

Better if you own Wira Sedan @ Aeroback.......

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
I tot so... Esp, my one ori is 1.3 chassis.... GSR ok aa? Do I need to change suspension and spring later? How bout mivec?
For sure need to change the suspensions, spring + etc... according to 1.8 specification.....

If not, later wouldn't get JPJ and PUSPAKOM approval and....... bad news is car might kena SITAR.......
:biggrin:

masri

Jan 31, 2008
For sure need to change the suspensions, spring + etc... according to 1.8 specification.....

If not, later wouldn't get JPJ and PUSPAKOM approval and....... bad news is car might kena SITAR.......
:biggrin:
Use runner lar.. Can what... :biggrin:

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Raja_emperor,
Just curious, what're u running under the hood?

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, my friend's GSR in Satria with downpipe+2.5" exhaust, VR4 intercooler+s/steel pipings, boosting 1 bar tuned with SAFC2 (needless to say must have fuel regulator lah)... dynoed 200hp on wheels... still can touch 500km on full tank without the petrol light come up. =p Thats literally stock, just up boost to 1 bar only. Bigger IC is memang patut lar, coz' weather here diff from JApan, the engine will suffocate in Malaysian weather with that small IC.

you quoted:
"but then when u start kena tapau by other convert car or vtec car sure ure goin to mod it."

The same can be said for Mivec man... GSR stock already almost 200hp on wheels... how much do you think you need to spend on a mivec to touch 200hp on wheels?? LoL...

Another quote I don't quite agree with:
"stock evo fc is much better than gsr mod and its more powerfull even in stock form."
Evo stock full tank only 330km at conservative driving lar... On track, heavy driving 100km habis 45 litres of petrol lar. I think the GSR mod till that kind of fuel consumption, will definitely have higher HP than a stock evo man. Stock evo only like 240hp plus minus on wheels when running 0.9-1 bar boost... not difficult to beat with a GSR. =p

starscream,
well said. WAHLAU... mivec can touch 600km on full tank petrol... serious shit. I thought only 4G91 aje boleh. lol...

Eh.. curious to know, I never driven a mivec up genting before... if without engaging mivec, can reach top ah?

masri

Jan 31, 2008
Raja_emperor,
Just curious, what're u running under the hood?

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, my friend's GSR in Satria with downpipe+2.5" exhaust, VR4 intercooler+s/steel pipings, boosting 1 bar tuned with SAFC2 (needless to say must have fuel regulator lah)... dynoed 200hp on wheels... still can touch 500km on full tank without the petrol light come up. =p Thats literally stock, just up boost to 1 bar only. Bigger IC is memang patut lar, coz' weather here diff from JApan, the engine will suffocate in Malaysian weather with that small IC.

you quoted:
"but then when u start kena tapau by other convert car or vtec car sure ure goin to mod it."

The same can be said for Mivec man... GSR stock already almost 200hp on wheels... how much do you think you need to spend on a mivec to touch 200hp on wheels?? LoL...

Another quote I don't quite agree with:
"stock evo fc is much better than gsr mod and its more powerfull even in stock form."
Evo stock full tank only 330km at conservative driving lar... On track, heavy driving 100km habis 45 litres of petrol lar. I think the GSR mod till that kind of fuel consumption, will definitely have higher HP than a stock evo man. Stock evo only like 240hp plus minus on wheels when running 0.9-1 bar boost... not difficult to beat with a GSR. =p

starscream,
well said. WAHLAU... mivec can touch 600km on full tank petrol... serious shit. I thought only 4G91 aje boleh. lol...

Eh.. curious to know, I never driven a mivec up genting before... if without engaging mivec, can reach top ah?
Huaiyo.... Set 1 bar pun, must have fuel regulator aa? Thats mean fuel consumption will get higher rite? Correct me if I am wrong... I use VR4 before, get to use about 1.5 bar, but never have fuel regulator. Thats why I never know about the product. Maybe someone can explain bout this esp who already have the fuel regulator. Basically for GSR stock, what is the HP?
I think, for uphill like genting, still turbo better than MIVEC or Vtec due to both of them open their vtec after 3 or 4 k RPM.... Anyway, I never know that MIVEC have low FC too.... One more thing, for MIVEC, GSR and EVO full tank, about how much aa? Same aa?

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
i try my mivec auto before rm10 for 75 km and rev till mivec for many time

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
RM50 able to get 250 ~280km with 80% hi-cam kick in, 10% in idling and another 10% in traffic jam.RM 40 able to clock 450km in highway with 110km/h for my Mivec in Satria chasis. :biggrin:

lavodo

Known Member
Apr 12, 2006
turbo save wut... with the rite tune.. a/f 12 - 12.3.. Rm20 can get 100 - 140km ( depend on ur foot)

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
im been using gsr for 4 years back and now running evo3 engine inside my hood.
last time my gsr boosting 1.bar,2.5inch s-flow, evo intercooler,external wastegate,safc and fuel regulator. rm80 petrol=500km.<bhp 199>
then i upgrade to td05 turbine plus evo injector boosting 1.5bar rm80 petrol=380km<bhp 244.3>

now we compare to evo3 engine all stock form with boosting 0.6bar, no external wastegate, no safc and no nothing all stock std.rm80 petrol=550km bhp260bhp.
2nd stage mod is boosting 1 bar,safc and fuel regulator.rm80 petrol=550km <bhp 269bhp.
so still wan to compare gsr vs evo? forget bout gsr la, halfcut damn mahal wei.4 years back price only rm4700 plus installation wor.now the price is higher than evo, so better go evo ler.more powerfull, full potential to gain more power and lot of performance part.gsr performance all mahal2.
about track racing or what so ever, im using my car for daily ride and sometimes trash it on the hway.
bout inspection for 1.3 to evo engine why not juz buy 1.6 block or 1.8 block?

btw evo3 engine halfcut currently price somewhere rm7.8k to 8.5k.

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
watever engine u hv in car, 'tukang cucuk' doesn't care la, even u using 3" piping on evo engine, sure got someone behind u, sometimes they onli want 2 c how fast ur car can go, haha..

for me either mivec, gsr or evo got pros n cons, but if gsr n evo, better go for evo la, gsr hafcut expensive now, summore performance parts was limited.. if u luv n/a, go for mivec, if luv turbo, of coz evo la.. the main things is ur pocket, head n legs...

RocketMan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
Just wanna ask sifus here, what are the price range now for mivec 1.6 (auto/tiptronic) engine for waja/gen2 chassis?? including installation? usually, in the market, what is the mileage on the odometer? is it possible to get a halfcut (4g92 mivec auto) with mileage less than 60k km?? hmmm..just asking, please advice. tqvm for reading my q.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just details this F355 a couple weeks ago

far at a glance Pics -perfecto (dream car)

nice without complaint

but a closer look under a scorching sun

visible swirls and RIDS (random cuts)

time to clean up some horses...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience