Your thought on the new Kia Rio?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Either salesman do promo here or not. Learn take care customer heart in real.
Before I decide to buy x-gear, I have heart on Naza rondo 2.
Go sales office some more, shit no approach from salesman.
Because I wear 3/4 pant is it?

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Is this a thread where people register new nicks and make conversation with their own selves? This is so syiok sendiri. :congrats:

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
Korean cars sells well only in Korean, maybe Australian also because cheap.....lol
Top 5 cars in Korea are Hyundai, Kia, Samsung, Daewoo and Sangyong. Hardly saw Honda, Toyota, Beemer, Mercedes and Porche. If Malaysian buys like Korean, Proton surely will survive.....lol:rofl:
Haha, the problem is their branding is way better than our Homegrown Proton. How to fight with all other brands which is better in so many ways. Hence why its partially own by other entities now. Sigh :bawling:

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
Either salesman do promo here or not. Learn take care customer heart in real.
Before I decide to buy x-gear, I have heart on Naza rondo 2.
Go sales office some more, shit no approach from salesman.
Because I wear 3/4 pant is it?
Huh? Got ah people like that? Don't want to do sales is it? Weird people nowadays

Apeng08

Nov 24, 2008
Is this a thread where people register new nicks and make conversation with their own selves? This is so syiok sendiri. :congrats:
Not sure about the rest, seems like it. I'm here for real info. Lowyat also i ask, but over there got KIA people directly selling. :hmmmm:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I actually thinking of Rio, Jazz, and Fiesta for my option since current Myvi is ending now and would like to try non-Malaysia brand. And the new Myvi seems not happening anytime soon. Happen to do research about it and found this insanely active forum.

You guys think it will be better to wait for new Myvi or try for it? I test-drived Jazz and Fiesta, but yet to try Rio.
The price range is almost the same right?
Personally I again think it depends on what you want. Fun drive? Resale value? Size? Cheap? Cheaper maintenance? etc etc.

Define your requirements then it'll be easier to choose the car.

Not sure about the rest, seems like it. I'm here for real info. Lowyat also i ask, but over there got KIA people directly selling. :hmmmm:
I really hate these kind of people. Anyway what you wanna know again? I have sat in and driven the Kia Rio 1.4. It's comfortable but slow. I'll bet because of the cars weight vs the engine, the FC will be bad. I don't know how much an improvement the 1.6 will be.

Btw, I can see you joined Nov 2008. These jokers all show Oct 2017 joined and all have similar range IP addresses indicating they are accessing from the same place. Besides, with only 2 -3 posts to their nicks and all they do is promo promo promo, it's pretty obvious already.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Mom's looking for a car too and still contemplating. I've read all the replies above and I think Kia Rio would be it in terms of the car specs and price.
Since it's Mumsy, I hope you give her a fat discount from your commission.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Okay. Why would anybody want to buy a Kia Rio for 80k when you can get a Mazda 2 for few k more? More powerful, better handling, advanced skyactiv engine. Seriously it’s 2017, a 4 speed auto transmission? That’s like a Myvi from 2005.

The Kia Rio is for someone who REALLY loves the way the Rio looks cause no way in hell is it better than Mazda 2 objectively.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
friend bought one....

personal opinion after having driven it, other than it having a sunroof, its really nothing special.... (random point, i like sunroofs, wanted a car with one too cause its cool and all BUT its malaysia, how often can you use it!). It looks good, ill give it that and the quality is somewhat decent, but thats it.... Spareparts im told are about the same as jap counterparts nowadays, sort of true i guess. Now its bad points....its got a anemic 1.4 engine, a dinosaur age 4 speed and 17" wheels... why.. just why!!!! Remember all that equates to higher fc AND 17" tires are NOT cheap. Resale is also very likely gona be utter crap.

Am not sure why anyone thinks its a great buy at 80k.... cause for 4k more (somewhere thereabout)... theres the jazz hybrid, which if you look pass the sunroof, is a better car as a whole. (not waiting for the jazz is also one of the regrets of the friend who bought it).

my 2 sen (if ts has already bought one, i apologize dulu!! ampun hamba)

edit: yeah like ixeo mentioned, if its a sporty kind car you want, mazda 2....

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
who the fish is ixzo

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

alo guyz..

anyone know the colour code for GOLD colour of ssr type c / crimson sparco?? it was darker than normal gold, sparkling gold was lighter, anyone??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience