Weird substance inside radiator

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Din't pay much attention to reserve tank system, sorry. Only know the water flows in from top but din't thought about how they flow back to radiator.

The rubber seal on reserve tank cover is important also isn't it? My friend complained that her Wira kept loosing water in radiator. I checked and fount out the rubber seal on reserve tank cover is missing. I said that could be the reason for the reduction of water.
It is the rubber seal on the radiator cap not the reserve tank. Water goes out but not coming back. Change the radiator cap then check again.....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
It is the rubber seal on the radiator cap not the reserve tank. Water goes out but not coming back. Change the radiator cap then check again.....
I see. But there is a black rubber ring on the reserve tank cap what? That rubber is missing in my friend's Wira.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I see. But there is a black rubber ring on the reserve tank cap what? That rubber is missing in my friend's Wira.
The rubber at reserve tank probably to fit the cap properly, but not important because when too full it has overflow tube to flow out. Main thing now is the radiator cap have to be in good condition....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The rubber at reserve tank probably to fit the cap properly, but not important because when too full it has overflow tube to flow out. Main thing now is the radiator cap have to be in good condition....:driver:
I think I remembered something. Around 2 years ago, my radiator cap is faulty. That time, I notice the water in reserve tank is always getting lesser and sometimes after a long drive, I can hear boiling sound from my radiator after I turned off the engine. After the cap is changed, all these din't happen anymore.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
When the radiator is under pressure the boiling point of the water increases so it does not boil at 100 deg C but at higher temp, but with faulty cap, water in reserve tank show be more......lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Need adviced, if reserved water tank slowly empty. Urgent case ?
I do check once a week. Water in radiator clean n clear.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Need adviced, if reserved water tank slowly empty. Urgent case ?
I do check once a week. Water in radiator clean n clear.
Check reserve tank got crack or not? If reserve tank is okay, better send for pressure test on the radiator. Scare radiator leaking and drawing water from reserve tank.....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
When the radiator is under pressure the boiling point of the water increases so it does not boil at 100 deg C but at higher temp, but with faulty cap, water in reserve tank show be more......lol
Which means the boiling point is reduced by the faulty radiator cap? The radiator cap is there to increase the boiling point isn't it?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Which means the boiling point is reduced by the faulty radiator cap? The radiator cap is there to increase the boiling point isn't it?
Yup, the higher the pressure the higher the temp needed to boil, but don't use too high pressure as the radiator might not stand the pressure.......lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, the higher the pressure the higher the temp needed to boil, but don't use too high pressure as the radiator might not stand the pressure.......lol:biggrin:
Unless using performance radiator. Also, the role of coolant is to increase the boiling point right?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Unless using performance radiator. Also, the role of coolant is to increase the boiling point right?
Copy and paste.....lol:rofl:
prevent engine coolant from freezing in winter
prevent engine water from boiling in summer
prevent rust and corrosion of metal parts
prevent corrosion against rubber and plastic parts
become a good conductor of heat
aid in preventing electrolysis

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Copy and paste.....lol:rofl:
prevent engine coolant from freezing in winter
prevent engine water from boiling in summer
prevent rust and corrosion of metal parts
prevent corrosion against rubber and plastic parts
become a good conductor of heat
aid in preventing electrolysis
Read before about these except electrolysis. Din't know it can happen inside the radiator.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Isnt the rad that cant take the pressure, its the hoses.
radiator cap also play the role. 1.3bar, 1.1bar, 0.9 bar.
Higher cap pressure, higher boiling point.
My 93T old top hose swollen, luckily realize it. Or else poket lubang again.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all ZTH Sifu and Bro,

this is my 1st time post here, ( don't know correct place or not, hehehe )

me plan on next month will go to Selangor, to find the Halfcut Warehouse,
for my Kancil and my friend satira,

any one have any recommender place for me and my friend to visit?

thanks!!!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience