Weird substance inside radiator

Din't pay much attention to reserve tank system, sorry. Only know the water flows in from top but din't thought about how they flow back to radiator.

The rubber seal on reserve tank cover is important also isn't it? My friend complained that her Wira kept loosing water in radiator. I checked and fount out the rubber seal on reserve tank cover is missing. I said that could be the reason for the reduction of water.
It is the rubber seal on the radiator cap not the reserve tank. Water goes out but not coming back. Change the radiator cap then check again.....

I see. But there is a black rubber ring on the reserve tank cap what? That rubber is missing in my friend's Wira.

The rubber at reserve tank probably to fit the cap properly, but not important because when too full it has overflow tube to flow out. Main thing now is the radiator cap have to be in good condition....:driver:

I think I remembered something. Around 2 years ago, my radiator cap is faulty. That time, I notice the water in reserve tank is always getting lesser and sometimes after a long drive, I can hear boiling sound from my radiator after I turned off the engine. After the cap is changed, all these din't happen anymore.

When the radiator is under pressure the boiling point of the water increases so it does not boil at 100 deg C but at higher temp, but with faulty cap, water in reserve tank show be more......lol

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
Need adviced, if reserved water tank slowly empty. Urgent case ?
I do check once a week. Water in radiator clean n clear.

Need adviced, if reserved water tank slowly empty. Urgent case ?
I do check once a week. Water in radiator clean n clear.
Check reserve tank got crack or not? If reserve tank is okay, better send for pressure test on the radiator. Scare radiator leaking and drawing water from reserve tank.....

When the radiator is under pressure the boiling point of the water increases so it does not boil at 100 deg C but at higher temp, but with faulty cap, water in reserve tank show be more......lol
Which means the boiling point is reduced by the faulty radiator cap? The radiator cap is there to increase the boiling point isn't it?

Yup, the higher the pressure the higher the temp needed to boil, but don't use too high pressure as the radiator might not stand the pressure.......lol:biggrin:

Unless using performance radiator. Also, the role of coolant is to increase the boiling point right?

Copy and paste.....lol:rofl:
prevent engine coolant from freezing in winter
prevent engine water from boiling in summer
prevent rust and corrosion of metal parts
prevent corrosion against rubber and plastic parts
become a good conductor of heat
aid in preventing electrolysis

Copy and paste.....lol:rofl:
prevent engine coolant from freezing in winter
prevent engine water from boiling in summer
prevent rust and corrosion of metal parts
prevent corrosion against rubber and plastic parts
become a good conductor of heat
aid in preventing electrolysis
Read before about these except electrolysis. Din't know it can happen inside the radiator.

sweelt

Nov 6, 2016
Isnt the rad that cant take the pressure, its the hoses.
radiator cap also play the role. 1.3bar, 1.1bar, 0.9 bar.
Higher cap pressure, higher boiling point.
My 93T old top hose swollen, luckily realize it. Or else poket lubang again.

To all ZTH Sifu and Bro,

this is my 1st time post here, ( don't know correct place or not, hehehe )

me plan on next month will go to Selangor, to find the Halfcut Warehouse,
for my Kancil and my friend satira,

any one have any recommender place for me and my friend to visit?

thanks!!!!!