coming back to Malaysia with my Evo X

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

madiewaters

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hoongs...
hope to see u in kl / ampang..and get together2..
cheers... :biggrin::tee:

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
bro,

i did the same when im back from overseas last time, but not with car but bike.
If you want my 2cents, i would say..sell your car stock and bring back all those go fast goodies.

You can have brand new manual transmission EvoX now from MMC, no need to go for SST version. Unfortunately when I bought mine, there's only SST version from MMC.

If you want to bring back cars/bikes from US, i would say better to bring back bike. I dont want to put too much information here, but left-hand drive car would not sell much later on the road, unless u planning to keep the car for very long.

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
bro,

If you want my 2cents, i would say..sell your car stock and bring back all those go fast goodies.

You can have brand new manual transmission EvoX now from MMC, no need to go for SST version. Unfortunately when I bought mine, there's only SST version from MMC.

If you want to bring back cars/bikes from US, i would say better to bring back bike. I dont want to put too much information here, but left-hand drive car would not sell much later on the road, unless u planning to keep the car for very long.
5MT EVO X from MMC is cheaper then SST?By how much?

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
I plan to get a second car to drive in Malaysia. And my evo will only be my weekend car or track car.

Already got smart tag :) now maybe consider getting an extension hand so that I can get parking ticket if needed in the mall. Lol
find a gf sit next to you, then ok lor .... problem solved

hoongss

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Hoongs...
hope to see u in kl / ampang..and get together2..
cheers... :biggrin::tee:
hahah sure man :)

bro,

how much is evox gsr (manual transmission) in malaysia? now my family is luring to sell my car here by buying me a new evo x in malaysia instead of bringing my car back. :( but this is so wrong. not gonna spend a single penny from them....

oh ya. btw, my latest race last week. with a fully mod srt-4.
will post up another video with a sti later. enjoy :)
‪Evo X vs SRT-4.MOV‬‏ - YouTube

Last edited:

Durex117

Known Member
Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro, lets catch up once your car is back to M'sia....we are having official TT once a month and AGM is coming up on September. Hope to see you soon...cheers!

hoongss

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
bro, lets catch up once your car is back to M'sia....we are having official TT once a month and AGM is coming up on September. Hope to see you soon...cheers!
no prob :)

btw, Malaysia got Ron98 or not? If not then I guess I have to re-tune my car... -.-

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Sg have 98 ... otherwise put in octane booster with fulll tank

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
ya bro keep the car... so are you at malaysia ? need your help with tuning my evo bro.. im getting misfire from the exhaust as i rev to 4500rpm.. it happens quite often thou.. and need on the turbo outlet...

ps: is blizt nur spec exhaust is good stuff or just a crowd puller..

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
ya bro keep the car... so are you at malaysia ? need your help with tuning my evo bro.. im getting misfire from the exhaust as i rev to 4500rpm.. it happens quite often thou.. and need on the turbo outlet...

ps: is blizt nur spec exhaust is good stuff or just a crowd puller..
bro.. check ur fuel setting first, izzit too rich??

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
i guess so .. need to dyno tune ...... hmmmm...

hoongss

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
not yet back. can you log your car? if you could, we can send me the logs and i can look at it now.

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
I dont have the logs and not sure where to get it ???

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
hmmm well i dont have those cables where can i get them? any idea

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
hi hoongss, sorry as i am totally new to this openport thing.

my ride is Evo8MR, which items i will need to buy?
i will need to buy all 3 items as below ?
(1) Tactrix Openport 2.0 $169.00
(2) Mitsubishi Reflash Connector $11.00
(3) OBD2 Extension Cable $15.00

to connect the ecu to the laptop, i need to insert the "tactrix openport 2.0" to the OBDII, is it under the steering wheel ?

what software i need ? is it only "EcuFlash" i need which can be downloaded from the website? free of charge?

how about the risk if i mis-flash the ecu ? like..... suddenly laptop hangs or whatever....

thanks in advance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi does rr engine fit honda city 2009 body???

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

i wan some power in my car but i dunno wat should i do , can give any advice , sum1 tell me rr fit but sum say dun fit , sumore rr engine expensive, any cheaper way??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience