[WTA] Coverting illegal tint to legal tint

randomuser20280

Apr 15, 2006
want to ask all sifus around here, what is the procedure to get that medical exemption letter from jpj for dark tints?

im pretty sure alot of people have thought of it before, just dunno how only, so here are my questions:

1) which is the first place to visit to get the form/etc? need to go jpj/puspakom first or go see doctor get the medical paper first?

2) can go to any doctor? or must be from government clinic?

3) does it apply to all dark tints? or must let doctor check the tint =.="

any bros here got experience can shed some light? :X-:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
many years back i got a friend fully tinted his Satria like Dato's car and he so call got a letter from doctor said he cannot expose to sunlight...so everytime kena roadblock just use the letter but i heard that letter only valid for 1 year as you need to have "continue" medication of your sickness ....

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
According to JPJ website, Borong CG1 is the form you need.

" Pengecualian khas pemasangan cermin gelap "
http://202.190.64.96/v5/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=12

Cara-cara memohon
Permohonan hendaklah dibuat menggunakan Borang Khas CG1 yang boleh didapati daripada Ibu Pejabat JPJ di Putrajaya. Semua permohonan perlu disertakan dengan dokumen-dokumen berikut :-​
  1. Salinan kad pengenalan yang telah disahkan.
  2. Surat pengesahan daripada Pegawai Perubatan Kerajaan seta rekod-rekod Perubatan yang terkini.
  3. Bagi permohonan untuk tujuan keselamatan,sertakan dokumen-dokumen sokongan.
Kelulusan
Semua permohonan akan dipertimbangkan dan akan dikemukakan kepada Ketua Pengarah Pengangkutan Jalan untuk persetujuan. Selepas itu akan dibawa kepada Y.B. Menteri Pengangkutan untuk kelulusan.

Tempoh
Tempoh kelulusan penggunaan cermin gelap adalah satu tahun sahaja dan perlu diperbaharui.

Pembaharuan
Permohonan memperbaharui kelulusan cermin gelap hendaklah dibuat tiga (3) bulan sebelum tamat tempoh kelulusan dengan menyertakan dokumen berikut :​
  1. Borang CG1 yang telah diisi dengan lengkap.
  2. Salinan kad pengenalan yang telah disahkan.
  3. Surat pengesahan daripada Pegawai Perubatan Kerajaan seta rekod-rekod Perubatan yang terkini. Salinan Surat Kelulusan Y.B Menteri Pengangkutan.
  4. Salinan Kad Pendaftaran Kenderaan
hope that you can understand BM, try to surf the gov portal, quite a lot of information available, especially JPJ

drMpower

May 1, 2006
is that possible? really possible? i mean, they got special exemption for skin deceases that prevent direct expose to sunlight?

never heard of any....

another mythbuster, perhaps?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
dude, it's for real, but which doctor willing to take the risk to give you fake medical report which later his/her professional permit or license get revoked or suspended?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
many years back i got a friend fully tinted his Satria like Dato's car and he so call got a letter from doctor said he cannot expose to sunlight...so everytime kena roadblock just use the letter but i heard that letter only valid for 1 year as you need to have "continue" medication of your sickness ....

What? cannot expose to sunlight?? What kinda disease it that??

If cannot expose to sunlight, how la he is going to get out from the car and do his job??

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
i got skin prob also.. but sun is good for me only if i didn't use any medication, if i use the medication prescribed for me, i'll get sun-burn 5-6 time faster, even a day trip driving around in a car exposed to sunlight will leave dark/light spots on my skin that takes 2 weeks to go away.. zzz..

but i didn't tint my car also.. cuz it will be useless since my window is always down hahahahaha

randomuser20280

Apr 15, 2006
thanks for the info bros.

actually there are quite alot of quite a lot of light related disorders to "choose" from :biggrin: Photophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dude, it's for real, but which doctor willing to take the risk to give you fake medical report which later his/her professional permit or license get revoked or suspended?
i know what u mean bro. but the doctor doesnt have to give a fake medical report right? u can "REALLY" have the problem ma :biggrin:

say u go to the doctor, "doctor, my eyes hurt cos of bright light and im always tavelling outstation, do you think theres something wrong?"

then WALA, u get: 1 x prescription for eye medication + 1 x paper to show jpj

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
goo info there black samurai...

ken yeang, not every human is same. we are the lucky ones....

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
if got health issue.. yes.. can use dark tints.. but from goverment hospitals only.. n renewed yearly..

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
frankly speaking, anyone who want to do heavy tinted for the glass, did you interview with those owner already did it?

you wanna go through the same pain of ass when you try to do reverse parking at night?

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
lolx.. sit in my friend's car once, and i never want to tint my car black again. Driving at night = can only see the light source from the lamp post and in coming car's headlamp and the rear red light. other than that its totally invisible, have to put head outside car to drive XD

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
of coz... can't c anything during rain or night time, very danger 2 motorcyclist, u can't c them la..

experience dis b4, i use motorbike go to work place n normally go back at 7pm, dat dy raining n traffic movin slow on 2 lanes (klang town), suddenly 1 k-car wit damn black tinted changing lane from left w/out any signal.. den i brake emrgency n bike bcome like snake la on the wet road.. luckily still cn control my bike n not hit his car n fall.. fuhh..

den the driver raise hand n said, "sori2, saya x nampak la.." ##@@*&^%$*

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Salam and happy motoring to all...

I would like to share some modification to my friend accord sm4 that use H22A engine take from BB4 model.Here some picture for early stage...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience