Worst car of the year

Well 1st of all, we should be proud to be a Malaysian where by our country produce a couple of famous or rather less famous cars in the world! Of coz not all the cars got to win prices or what so ever... Have you all forgot Satria GTi? Its famous in UK, Golf region... Some products you fail, some products you excell... If anyone of you in production industry you will understand what I mean... My factory used to manufactured parts for Proton and they indeed ask for quite a high quality, sometimes... not always... And like Dr. M said, those AP owner is bringing in too many low price car to compete with out own production which in turn affect our own car... To compete, we need to lower our cost which in turn lower the quality of the products. Look at Inova, isnt it of not that good quality? Well the price is irresistable. Where is it produce? Southeast Asia country... So be proud to be Malaysian, we produce the worst car of the year, well at least is our own product... Give Pronton sometime... I am sure they will excell... Given the right leadership... Bare in mind... When Japanese car enter our market in the early days... People are saying the body is made of Milo tin... Peal off the paint and you can see Milo logo... HaHaHa...

TomJB said:
Well 1st of all, we should be proud to be a Malaysian where by our country produce a couple of famous or rather less famous cars in the world! Of coz not all the cars got to win prices or what so ever... Have you all forgot Satria GTi? Its famous in UK, Golf region... Some products you fail, some products you excell... If anyone of you in production industry you will understand what I mean... My factory used to manufactured parts for Proton and they indeed ask for quite a high quality, sometimes... not always... And like Dr. M said, those AP owner is bringing in too many low price car to compete with out own production which in turn affect our own car... To compete, we need to lower our cost which in turn lower the quality of the products. Look at Inova, isnt it of not that good quality? Well the price is irresistable. Where is it produce? Southeast Asia country... So be proud to be Malaysian, we produce the worst car of the year, well at least is our own product... Give Pronton sometime... I am sure they will excell... Given the right leadership... Bare in mind... When Japanese car enter our market in the early days... People are saying the body is made of Milo tin... Peal off the paint and you can see Milo logo... HaHaHa...

Very well said man. :cool:

IF ONLY there were more people that know how to think like you.

TomJB as you said some of the parts is high quality, but most of it is cheap and low quality, you can noticed the GEN2 quality is kind of low lah.... i dont simply said, but just that the material they use is low quality (most of the plastic & rubber stuff).

TomJB said:

Dear Tom, as i also woudl liek to comment on your comment. I am perosnnally also supplying parts to Proton,Toyota and Perodua,but mainly Perodua and Toyota. Well, as i can say, Protons leadership is not there, and also coming in together with the designs. As far as i am concerned, Proton not really firm with their words, schedules and obviously shows there are not frim with their strategies, coming in from the leaders as well. they delay and giving us stupid schedules for SRM models. And a lot of bad things, do happen due to the leaders "own benefits"

As for Innova, the requirement from Toyota is hell of a tough one, one of the toughest, same ggoes to MyVi and Avanza. And they are very accurate at the schedule and this denotes to their accuracy of market strategies.

For Proton to improve globally, they must have a restructuring, not only follwoing their old style.

Last edited:
proton suxs currently....but for me at least they dont rebadge the car anymore and coming out with their own design...quality wise.....haiishh...everybody know...

how bout our own sports car....?

the Esna Venere.....what the critics gonna say about that?

TomJB said:
Give Pronton sometime... I am sure they will excell... Given the right leadership... Bare in mind...When Japanese car enter our market in the early days... People are saying the body is made of Milo tin... Peal off the paint and you can see Milo logo... HaHaHa...

I heard the same thing from my grandpap and grand uncles.

In the 60-s, 70-s, if you buy Japanese car, people will laugh at you. The "real" car at that time is Europe player like Mercedes. But take a look at what Japanese car maker have achieve today? They outpaces the Europe player, Toyorta is the 2nd biggest car manufacturer after Chevy.

at the 80-s, 90-s, japanese already have AE86, 180SX, vtec engine and other kiling machine/technology. But what did Proton achieve in 20 years time? Unfortunately, they are still selling their Milo tin (SAGA) in their showroom.

People always says that must give Proton time. But much time that we shall give? Another 20 years?

I know if Proton closed down today, tomorrow there will be many ppl lost their jobs and their contract out there.

Well that's why I said given the right leadership... Now Dr. M is the advisor right? Let's see what kind of advise he gives to Proton... And well after 20yrs, at least Proton now have their 'own' engine isnt it? Seriously guys... Production is not easy to do... Got to take note of schedule, sales, cost, quality, quantity... So many... Aiyoh... tired leh... Cut them some slack lah... Friday need to sembayang some more you know... Relax one corner 1st lah... K? Cheers!

potong will never improve it s quality ....to them the word quality never existed!!

TomJB said:
Well that's why I said given the right leadership... Now Dr. M is the advisor right? Let's see what kind of advise he gives to Proton... And well after 20yrs, at least Proton now have their 'own' engine isnt it? Seriously guys... Production is not easy to do... Got to take note of schedule, sales, cost, quality, quantity... So many... Aiyoh... tired leh... Cut them some slack lah... Friday need to sembayang some more you know... Relax one corner 1st lah... K? Cheers!

Dr.M said, "It's very unfair compare imported cars with our national cars. They purposely sell their cars below cost to spoil our car market. Our cars are not protected, they are."

Great leadership, you said??

Wahhh I am in tears....Malaysian made car No.1 - the nastiest contender around. Ford & MG oso gulung tikar.

For Proton to improve... they should sack all the lazy unqualified morons working there and hire new talents.

what the? Dr.M said don't compare? if not compare how to improve? our national car also import what, so it is imported car at oversea lah... and what the heck is our car is not protected? suck~ i bet China made car is far better than ours

EFN, MG now gulung tikar already... :D

i agree.

i went to proton last 4 years under petronas university mechanical engineering trip ( i am a mechanical/automotive engineer).. they have lots of nice cars inside the factory.

but dunno for what reason, all of the nice cars didn't make it to the market.

i even saw one car (prototype name: putra gti).

damn cun man. wat lau wei~~!!

crossover between skyline and putra and gti. cun like hell.

got 1 SUV very cun also.

i think, proton is going after profit and dont even care about the quality that much.

sucks like hell. whats the fastest engine built by proton??

haha.even the fastest engine can kena tapau with a mirage turbo built about 20 years ago.

what the hell is proton doing?? hyundai was like proton, building under mitsu. look at hyundai now!!

proton2.sebab engkau la, AFTA tak jadi betul2. kalo tak all of the proton owners would be driving evos and imprezzas now.

oh ya, just wanna inform. remember about the gen2 case (unofficial pictures of the car went out on the net even before the official launching??). it was done by a petronas unversity student doing his practical in proton factory in shah alam.now, no more student can join the R&D team. haha

(mcm la ade engine power sgt kat proton ni. gti aku pun dah masuk vr4 rs. slow sgt 4g93p)

acbc said:
For Proton to improve... they should sack all the lazy unqualified morons working there and hire new talents.

Last edited:
That's why I said given the right leadership... But show that Dr. M isn't giving the right or rather justify advices... But then... I still look forward to M'sia made super car... I still believe in them... Like Holden! Anyone knows Holden? It is a good car and yet not many people are aware of it... Did I spell it correctly anyway? Ha...

Holden is Australia car... it is a good car side by side with GM

Proton? What is that? Kuih ke apa tu? (it's okay... I'm driving a proton too, :D)

Last edited:
We all hope Proton come out another good car like Satria GTi... Putra GTi also good, or the 1st 4wd,4 door saloon like impreza... good in all road condition, so road condition wont be much of the kemalangan factor...

no more Putra R3

we want a totally new putra

(its good if there badged the Lotus car as Putra and sell it for RM75K++):p

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom