Why campro engines fail on crank!!! Campro 1.6 vs 4g92p

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Bro, not to say kenot be modded but is just that the Campro if u fitted with cams n stuff its easier to mod n can achieve higher potential than the CPS ..... CPS can be modded ...... Too bad i throw that particular article if not i will write it up here n share with u guys !!
Haha... Yalo... Sounds like rb25 have more potential than rb26... Keke... Sounds like la...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
no lar,maybe what he mean is like b16a w/o vtec function (vtec killer cam).maybe cps engine
is a bit difficult to mod compare to the regular campro with all those cps system.just my 2 cent.

Enslaved

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I believe the CPS was meant more for fuel economy with its VVT system, similar to all those Vios and Altis on the road..BUT, R3 has a full exhaust system soon to be released for the Neo CPS as well as other components...heard from a bird they already have a titanium exhaust system for both the Neo and Gen2 CPS..*drools*

oye

Nov 29, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
My campro blown up last year. Mileage was 110,000 km. I have always used fully synthetic on every oil change, at 7,000km interval. Other services are tip top as far as I am concerned. Few N/A mods, can get only 138 horse on engine. Spirited driving sometimes.

When the engine blowed, there was a hole in the engine block, the crankshaft, conrod, piston all koyak so cannot be saved anymore. To source for campro engine from kedai potong is extremely hard. So had to get a mitsu engine.

I wonder what kind of engineers they have in proton. Engine parts looked inferior as u can see from the pictures. Material used for the engine also not up to par. Maybe can give a bit credit to the technology of the engine. Very disappointing. Only worth for slow driving auntie who drive the car to pasar.

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
any car coming outta the factory comes wit a tolerence of +-5%, good luck on whoever dat will get the -5%, lol.

personally, imo, the worse quality / tolerence engine pun shudnt be dat bad, or else better not sell anything lah.. my engine has never given me any problem, even after 6years / 300k km of hard boosting. it will be a long time when iam putting any faith on the campro, i prefer magma, megavalve, be it old tech but its more reliable. i know a saga wit a very old megavalve and its still running originally (havent been overhauled) fine, dats a relic old engine kot!!!

Apr 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi all,
thanks to speed2horizon for this thread. i would like to share my first hand experience with proton and my persona engine. the engine block blew a hole (yes, a hole), and sc said it's due to flood water entering the combustion chamber causing high pressure to the engine. the best part is...i never been through any flood at all! now they don't want to honour me warranty.. in order for me to repair it, it will cost me >rm10000!!

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hi all,
thanks to speed2horizon for this thread. i would like to share my first hand experience with proton and my persona engine. the engine block blew a hole (yes, a hole), and sc said it's due to flood water entering the combustion chamber causing high pressure to the engine. the best part is...i never been through any flood at all! now they don't want to honour me warranty.. in order for me to repair it, it will cost me >rm10000!!
Transplant to 4g93t gsr terbalik/evo 4-9. Plug n play only... Kakaa... No problem:

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
omg, this is awful. your paying a quarter of your salary for the car installment n they dont want to fix your problem n quoted 10k ? better change car bro ! change to jap car bro.....worth your $$

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
hi all,
what they were refering may had been sumthing dat is called hydrolock, its possible but not likely.. unless ur head gasket fecked off badly, its very slim to happen. it doesnt cost dat much to repair, dont every go there anymore. u can pm me if u need any help rectifying dat

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
what they were refering may had been sumthing dat is called hydrolock, its possible but not likely.. Unless ur head gasket fecked off badly, its very slim to happen. It doesnt cost dat much to repair, dont every go there anymore. U can pm me if u need any help rectifying dat
but his block picia jor... All internals also picia bang..

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Btw,
Are they have overcome this issue after facelift to CPS right?
I think feed with good engine oil with low viscosity will be the best preventive work for
campro engine.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Apr 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
omg, this is awful. your paying a quarter of your salary for the car installment n they dont want to fix your problem n quoted 10k ? better change car bro ! change to jap car bro.....worth your $$
how to change bro..my car still at workshop. they insisted that i (and 'act of God') caused the problem

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
how to change bro..my car still at workshop. they insisted that i (and 'act of God') caused the problem
U have all the rights to take back ur car... Plunk in Mitsubishi 4G92 MIVEC terbalik. At least u get a better engine built, higher torque, higher hp, nicer engine bay, better looking dash board, a more known Engine management system rather than the VDO seimens, a piggyback tuneable ECU, better fuel consumption, faster engine, better this better that better bla bla bla better blee blee blee... Cost cheaper than 10K including installation..

oye

Nov 29, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
U have all the rights to take back ur car... Plunk in Mitsubishi 4G92 MIVEC terbalik. At least u get a better engine built, higher torque, higher hp, nicer engine bay, better looking dash board, a more known Engine management system rather than the VDO seimens, a piggyback tuneable ECU, better fuel consumption, faster engine, better this better that better bla bla bla better blee blee blee... Cost cheaper than 10K including installation..
Hmm.. i've came across quite a number of ppl from various forums who had experienced engine failure on compra engines e.g. broken crank shaft, hole on the engine block (happen to me too) and so on. I'm sure there are more such cases that went unreported. So, are they saying that these ppl went through flood too? Pesona is a newer than gentoo, and i'm quite surprised that newer compra engines also prone to this failure.

If they says it's your fault or 'act of god' due to flood, then ask them to show proof that your car had went through flood that is high enough for your car intake to be totally submerged in water and entered the combustion chamber. Is there any other way that substantial amount of water can enter the engine?

Worse come to worst if they still want to victimize u so that the warranty becomes unclaimable, I guess rm 10,000 is better spent on mitsu engine e.g. mivec or 4g93t gsr terbalik like speed2horizon suggested. Now, the problem is how to come up with rm 10,000? That's a lot of money u know. It happen to me before and I had to take do part time job begging for money in Pudu for 3 months before i can buy a halfcut. lol. Maybe u shud fight for your claim, bring this matter to the national consumer complaints centre or any other proper channel. Don't be like me, just keep quiet only. Huhu. :bawling:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
if u wanna get ur car outta dat fecking workshop, just take it out jer, its urs.. if u dont wanna give them ur business, den by all means, DONT!!

to me, they may be rite on the act of god thing, but dat doesnt justify why they shud overcharge u on the rectification process(es). if i may be able to provide sum assistance, just gimma a call at 0163571811, i'll try to help out, god willing

ethanphoon592

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Petaling Jaya
haha..that i got 2 agree wit u...huhuh....the old 1 is so much better...haha...but thank God la..my car 4 2 3 years edi in the drag scence but got no prob at all....real lasting my campro...

u sure ah brother? the last i remembered your engine was rebuild before woh last time due to a scratch in the cylinder wall.. well i'm one of the users of campro la.. i don't even BOT the crank shaft still fail, how? dumb ass engine la. Always use malaysians to rnd the product for them.

I know a lot of fellow camproer's here from previous clubs like g2c and etc etc.. Mharis, long time no hear good to know you're still using your campro.. but again, i will always tell my friends be careful and standby., you will say what you say because it did not happen to you but for those like me and some member when we found out the crank snapped no one can actually believe lo.. just a mere 108ATW engine can break the crank? we didn't even nitrous it.. to me, make a basic functioning engine, with proper lube holes and people won't complaint of the reliability issues..

I've got tones of cracked crank pics as proof..

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
u sure ah brother? the last i remembered your engine was rebuild before woh last time due to a scratch in the cylinder wall.. well i'm one of the users of campro la.. i don't even BOT the crank shaft still fail, how? dumb ass engine la. Always use malaysians to rnd the product for them.

I know a lot of fellow camproer's here from previous clubs like g2c and etc etc.. Mharis, long time no hear good to know you're still using your campro.. but again, i will always tell my friends be careful and standby., you will say what you say because it did not happen to you but for those like me and some member when we found out the crank snapped no one can actually believe lo.. just a mere 108ATW engine can break the crank? we didn't even nitrous it.. to me, make a basic functioning engine, with proper lube holes and people won't complaint of the reliability issues..

I've got tones of cracked crank pics as proof..
Actually, Malaysian are not too much lose to Japanese... But only those non government supported community...

if u see, some of the more well known brand from Malaysia like Titan Absorbers, Ultra Racing Bars, and others... They are as good as Japanese and Westerns... Just tested a Persona that handled as good as BMW today... Superb handling and comfort... It uses Malaysian Brand absorbers coupled with stock springs...

Last edited:

ethanphoon592

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Actually, Malaysian are not too much lose to Japanese... But only those non government supported community...

if u see, some of the more well known brand from Malaysia like Titan Absorbers, Ultra Racing Bars, and others... They are as good as Japanese and Westerns... Just tested a Persona that handled as good as BMW today... Superb handling and comfort... It uses Malaysian Brand absorbers coupled with stock springs...
that's not the question ma.. ya absorbers and everything like that can be easily produced, there's no real laws on whether or not this absorbers can or cannot be copied.. u know how it works right? company a who producers absorbers might strip down company b's absorbers and see where they can improve.. so like wise with a car, ya i don't deny persona / gen2 has a very good handling but that's all because it had the Mitsu DNA in their chassis and also the platform from mitsu which is already a well proven car on track and rallying.. My point is, why not do something better in recalling all previous batch of campro's and retrofit a new revised conrod bearing or crankshaft so that malaysians will trust and continue their support in Proton.. Like what u said earlier, ya the persona handles almost as well as a beemer but i think in the long run the beemer's engine will outlast the persona anytime.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can someone tell me where can I get this manual book or guide book on net? Or someone have it can post it here or send it to me? I need it urgent. Thank.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience