Why campro engines fail on crank!!! Campro 1.6 vs 4g92p

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Word is ..... proton actually knows about this issue. The crank just cant take the torque. That's way no turbo campro until they beef up the lower end of the block.

so, how to solve this problem..after that will show the proton on how to produce quality products .. and how to do want to solve this problem ...hahahaha

Actually any car is the same in term of its principles. It's just a matter of how u take care of it. So far, my old man Waja campro still running in tip-top condition until now (mileage at 585 200 km) . I dare to say that he just change the engine oil once a year and that's just mineral oil, not to mention lacking other maintenance. He even drove the car in a heavy flood until the water enter the cabin. But still, the engine run perfectly without any weird sound or smoke coming out from it. Maybe it just a pure luck I think...

and one more failure: my fren's satria neo engine head need to be regrind and all the piston ring need to be replaced because of bend head (caused by overheat) , need new timing belt ( cut by the side by other thing) and total repair = rm 1500 est.

Last edited:
Actually any car is the same in term of its principles. It's just a matter of how u take care of it. So far, my old man Waja campro still running in tip-top condition until now (mileage at 585 200 km) . I dare to say that he just change the engine oil once a year and that's just mineral oil, not to mention lacking other maintenance. He even drove the car in a heavy flood until the water enter the cabin. But still, the engine run perfectly without any weird sound or smoke coming out from it. Maybe it just a pure luck I think...

Not trying to say other engine don't fail. But the failing rate of campro is higher. Especially on the crank. We're talking abt owners that fails the crank(snap) during the warranty period which he regularly service at proton centre.

and one more failure: my fren's satria neo engine head need to be regrind and all the piston ring need to be replaced because of bend head (caused by overheat) , need new timing belt ( cut by the side by other thing) and total repair = rm 1500 est.

Regrind or skim??? But not that I know tht campro head can be skimmed to solve overhearing prob. My mech tried a few campro on head skimming due to over heating prob. But it's still the same after skimming. Ended up changing a new head. Settle. Same goes to alot of newer engine of course..

Also, campro head memang casted by Perodua manufacturing at rawang and assembled in proton. It's build locally. But sub assembly of the head is done locally. Block is imported and conrods are also imported by sapura directly from proton.

Not trying to say other engine don't fail. But the failing rate of campro is higher. Especially on the crank. We're talking abt owners that fails the crank(snap) during the warranty period which he regularly service at proton centre.

Regrind or skim??? But not that I know tht campro head can be skimmed to solve overhearing prob. My mech tried a few campro on head skimming due to over heating prob. But it's still the same after skimming. Ended up changing a new head. Settle. Same goes to alot of newer engine of course..

Also, campro head memang casted by Perodua manufacturing at rawang and assembled in proton. It's build locally. But sub assembly of the head is done locally. Block is imported and conrods are also imported by sapura directly from proton.

err skim2. the mech said that it need to be skimmed. hoho change new head lg mhl one. this one only pon da cost around rm1.5k...

err skim2. the mech said that it need to be skimmed. hoho change new head lg mhl one. this one only pon da cost around rm1.5k...

I'm not sure. Cause my mech tried when the customer insist on the cheaper solution but ended up paying more because skimming doesn't cure the over heating problem.

btw do u think skimming + timing belt and piston ring replacement = rm1500 is normal?

sounds ok for campro/other newer engine...

coz me do topoverhaul on my satria engine last year reaching rm1k....

and even my fren's 4g13p do top overhaul oso rm1k few days ago.. (do at diff workshop)

piston ring shud cost around rm200....so plus labour of full overhaul job i think it was quite reasonable price...

sounds ok for campro/other newer engine...

coz me do topoverhaul on my satria engine last year reaching rm1k....

and even my fren's 4g13p do top overhaul oso rm1k few days ago.. (do at diff workshop)

piston ring shud cost around rm200....so plus labour of full overhaul job i think it was quite reasonable price...

Walaneh!!! Seems a little overpriced to me.

I had mine:-

RM128-viton valve seals
RM190-1.5mm gasket
RM180- workmanship to machine the valve seat and plonk in new valve guide
RM192-valve guide
RM160-8 intake valve
RM100 workmanship to reinstal the head.
RM35 skimming heads

Total=RM985

Walaneh!!! Seems a little overpriced to me.

I had mine:-

RM128-viton valve seals
RM190-1.5mm gasket
RM180- workmanship to machine the valve seat and plonk in new valve guide
RM192-valve guide
RM160-8 intake valve
RM100 workmanship to reinstal the head.
RM35 skimming heads

Total=RM985

well ideally thats was the list....

but in real life is....theres some other parts need to be replaced also prior to top overhaul(mostly due to overheating)

-waterpump
-radiator hose
-waterpump pipe
-timingbelt (snapped/old)
-radiator flushing
-engine oil+oil filter
-new coolant

if u add those...then u'll understand why i quoted a bit higher price... :adore:

*blood....maybe u can ask them full quotation of replaced parts and labour

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity,does these problem among campro still persist?Still got cases such as this nowadays?From what i heard,this is a batch faulty.Some said it's the design of target wheel dat causes this issue.So, can anyone enlight me with the info...batch problem or design problem?

i think it is more to batch/manufacturing problem....

coz if not mistaken sifu drex order new crankshaft oso one time got imperfection....so return back and newer one doesn't have problem....

i think the thread of rebuilding campro by drex was somewhere in zth....forgot where

Top Bottom