Why campro engines fail on crank!!! Campro 1.6 vs 4g92p

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Not only for cost saving u but know for other reason as well.
I got to know that a sikh friend of mind who's his dad was a logistic lori driver. He actually has job ties with some company behind Proton's Tanjung Malim testing n manufacturing co. Somehow i don't know how he manage to get in (legally) he got to know some proton cars are jokes(with crazy accident during testings n failures) n there are even tons of them parked n lie down on a huge empty space sun burning.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Not only for cost saving u but know for other reason as well.
I got to know that a sikh friend of mind who's his dad was a logistic lori driver. He actually has job ties with some company behind Proton's Tanjung Malim testing n manufacturing co. Somehow i don't know how he manage to get in (legally) he got to know some proton cars are jokes(with crazy accident during testings n failures) n there are even tons of them parked n lie down on a huge empty space sun burning.
That's also available in perodua, and also Toyota(my former employer)... Either reject buffer zone or transfer centre....

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Serious dude !? Aren't local toyota assemble in Thai or its a CKD ? At least perodua etc QC better than Proton .... P/s watch Top Gear saying something about worse car, they mentioned Proton !!

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Serious dude !? Aren't local toyota assemble in Thai or its a CKD ? At least perodua etc QC better than Proton .... P/s watch Top Gear saying something about worse car, they mentioned Proton !!
TOYOTA assy is in SHAH ALAM. Where I worked. It's called ASSB. Some models are CKD, some models are CBU.

CKD
Hilux, Furtuner, HiAce, Vios(Fully malaysian except for the engine and gearbox), Avanza(Made in perodua), others forgot edy

CBU
Camry(previous model also malaysia assy), COrolla Altis(previous model malaysia assy), and other imported models...

Topgear..? My personal opinion on Jeremy Clarkson is, he always compare a RM50K car with a USD100K car... One of his all time favourite is Lotus. However Proton owns most of Lotus shares. He doesn't really like the reality. As result, he always compares Lotus ability with Proton. Which I really think it's unfair.

Elise 1.8 Old model with front round lamps selling at RM1XXK as a second hand unit. One of proton top model perdana is only selling at RM3Xk. Which is 5X cheaper...

Back to Jeremy Clarkson, he also BOMB a Kelisa and called the Kenari a toaster. But he've not made any comments on the Daihatsu MOVE, the exact same car in Japan under the branding of Daihatsu. Which obviously shown the bias point of view of this Automotive celebrity, Jeremy Clarkson.

But surprisingly, I'm really really impressed with the Satria NEO. The handling... Superb handling... I just hope Proton will improve on their engine design and built quality. Hope Lotus does more participation on the design development of the future Proton's model...

:top::top::top: for proton on the NEO. But just hoep the Satria NEO owner dun la always cucuk the Older Satria.... Brother ma.... IF cucuk the wrong Satria, NEO will just disappear from the Satria's rear mirror within seconds... hehe...

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Btw i'm a kenari owner , i know Richard Hammond n James May tested on it n give it a good review(understeer n oversteer in 1 small package !! ) Well wat to say on Jeremy case, their country can voice freely as for ours, say something wrong drink coffee in ISA ....
I myself also a Satria Neo fan but am way disappointed with the engines and many more to list. Hope the can sell me its shell only then i can slowly build up everything at home .....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Btw i'm a kenari owner , i know Richard Hammond n James May tested on it n give it a good review(understeer n oversteer in 1 small package !! ) Well wat to say on Jeremy case, their country can voice freely as for ours, say something wrong drink coffee in ISA ....
I myself also a Satria Neo fan but am way disappointed with the engines and many more to list. Hope the can sell me its shell only then i can slowly build up everything at home .....
Get a second hand unit, and start doing... Plunk in a B18C... Sweetz....

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Wuakakaka, my current kenari i just finish fixing everything n tested on genting. So far quite satisfy. Neo project, mayb coming 2-3 yrs i think ..... mayb when i fitted B18C can ask u test car along !!

harpoon

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
shah alam n amp
Get a second hand unit, and start doing... Plunk in a B18C... Sweetz....
haha...i got this same idea too before. plan to get a second hand neo, then custom install k20a from honda. the neo then sure can fly with ease....

but i know there's one neo with b18c heart inside.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
haha...i got this same idea too before. plan to get a second hand neo, then custom install k20a from honda. the neo then sure can fly with ease....

but i know there's one neo with b18c heart inside.
There is already a few... Hehe....

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Cool, K20A stock is powerful enough for this nippy little hatch ....... But the only concern is its engine height ..... i wonder if slant it 10deg then it would be crazier efficient in handling !!

mharis

Dec 24, 2005
Sorry to dissapoint most of the Proton bashers here. Been driving my gen2 04 with campro engine for the past 5 years and has already clocked 215,000 km at present. I have a heavy foot. Always "gasak" the engine and seldom drive slowly. I've been into the drag scene with that very engine with little mods..i havent even touched the pistons or conrods for that matter and the engine is still running fine. And i drive my car to work every single day. Without any problem or complaints. So..my point is..no matter what engine or you use if u take good care of it..it will repay the favour. I service mine every 5k km with Q8 semi synth oil...cheers:wavey::wavey:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Sorry to dissapoint most of the Proton bashers here. Been driving my gen2 04 with campro engine for the past 5 years and has already clocked 215,000 km at present. I have a heavy foot. Always "gasak" the engine and seldom drive slowly. I've been into the drag scene with that very engine with little mods..i havent even touched the pistons or conrods for that matter and the engine is still running fine. And i drive my car to work every single day. Without any problem or complaints. So..my point is..no matter what engine or you use if u take good care of it..it will repay the favour. I service mine every 5k km with Q8 semi synth oil...cheers:wavey::wavey:
No hard feeling. just sharing infomation...
My friend driving a SAGA with MAGMA 12V for more than 13 years... Engine still running smooth. He's a heavy footer too... Genting up down 3 times a week...

Muahaha

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Bro, good to hear that ...... at least there's a good feedback from campro user !!! Cheers mate !!!

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
So, what CAN and CANNOT be done to modify the campro engine? Any views on the CPS engine?
Well for your information, i read an article on Campro engine by Tengku Djan himself , he did mentioned that CPS is good for moderate street type modifying like exhaust n stuff . If u nid high end then Campro is more promising ........ As like why , don't ask me .... I also surprise at first !!

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
I think for basic, need to feed with good engine oil to prevent case mentioned.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Well for your information, i read an article on Campro engine by Tengku Djan himself , he did mentioned that CPS is good for moderate street type modifying like exhaust n stuff . If u nid high end then Campro is more promising ........ As like why , don't ask me .... I also surprise at first !!
Lol... Sounds funny to hear that a high performance engine is not meant to be heavily modded whereares the non-high performance engine is...

Sounds like nismo telling gt-r is not meant to be modded heavily but the gtt is...

Mugen telling fd2r is not meant to be modded heavily but the fd2 2.0 is to be modded heavily...

What a joke...

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
I'm just hear to share somthing ... i've known a proton engineer that does rally cars with campro engines ... from engine parts to gearbox ratios ... he told me that campro cranks are tough at a nutshell .. problem is that there is no oil jack ... crank or rods i cant remember .. but after sending to machine shop to do the oil jack on their rally cars ... Problemo SOLVED ...

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
I'm just hear to share somthing ... i've known a proton engineer that does rally cars with campro engines ... from engine parts to gearbox ratios ... he told me that campro cranks are tough at a nutshell .. problem is that there is no oil jack ... crank or rods i cant remember .. but after sending to machine shop to do the oil jack on their rally cars ... Problemo SOLVED ...
That's the problem... But most of the engine crank for 1.6 is over designed up to 600bhp... To make sure the are heavy enough to supply the moment and inertia to rotate continuoes.

However, if u look at the picture I posted, it's the Conrod that does not have oil jack.

Also, the assembly method they used for the conrod the cause of the crank failure where the installation process is not designed tone idiot proof.

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
Lol... Sounds funny to hear that a high performance engine is not meant to be heavily modded whereares the non-high performance engine is...

Sounds like nismo telling gt-r is not meant to be modded heavily but the gtt is...

Mugen telling fd2r is not meant to be modded heavily but the fd2 2.0 is to be modded heavily...

What a joke...
Bro, not to say kenot be modded but is just that the Campro if u fitted with cams n stuff its easier to mod n can achieve higher potential than the CPS ..... CPS can be modded ...... Too bad i throw that particular article if not i will write it up here n share with u guys !!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here is the questions:-

1. Where can i get this hose from? What is the advantage of using this hose compaired to the samco or ordinary hoses?

2. What is this? What is the use of this gadget?

3. Where & how much does it cost to make a banana manifold like that?

Thanks to all the sifu's in advance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience