Water temp audible warning?

Suggestion on water temp meter w/ audible warning?

• JDM i.e DEFI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taiwan. Shadow, Autogauge, NRG etc

• Knockoffs from China

• Other brand? please mentioned in thread

• DIY? Can teach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Salam/Greetings to all

Need suggestions on how to do this, for example I can set to 100° celcius and it will buzz if my water temp achieve the set temperature as warning to me.

The usual criteria is that it must be fairly robust (meter + sensor) i.e more than 1 year of usage (my car is a daily driver)

For me, to save for a RM500 device is fair enough... but if there's no option but to source Defi... then what to do but I have to save longer la :bawling:

Reason for asking?
Because I've experience overheat more than once... and the final one cost me 1 engine lantai already... so I neeed an advance warning system... i

Last edited:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
i am using a NRG water temp and cost me rm350 including installation and adaptor.
i tink there is now a lot of choice like the digital all in 1 meter which is cool and can set the warning.dun remmbr which brand, shadow kot.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Audible warning is challenging, but flashing warning is quite common. RM500.. i got the perfect suggestion.

M7 Japan which is a Blitz Meter SD rebranded product. Pay RM600 and you get some change for petrol.

[youtube]Fj-k9crJ4KM[/youtube]

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
i tink there is now a lot of choice like the digital all in 1 meter which is cool and can set the warning.dun remmbr which brand, shadow kot.
Greddy Informeter Touch has this warning sound function for water, rpm, oil temp, etc etc all in one. Some additional sensors need to buy separately.

But it won't be cheap, above 1k for the touchscreen module itself.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Audible warning is challenging, but flashing warning is quite common. RM500.. i got the perfect suggestion.

M7 Japan which is a Blitz Meter SD rebranded product. Pay RM600 and you get some change for petrol.
Thanks ixeo... on my consideration list if there's no other reliable option.

Greddy Informeter Touch has this warning sound function for water, rpm, oil temp, etc etc all in one. Some additional sensors need to buy separately.

But it won't be cheap, above 1k for the touchscreen module itself.
kinda overkill for monitoring just water temp I guess... but thanks for the input dear bro...

this is wat i am talking about.

[WTS]DRIFT PERFORMANCE RADIATOR FAN TEMP CONTROL

i tink last time shadow got this also.but price is almost the same.below rm500 include installation.

those japan meter is wicked but also expensive and very hot (main target for unscrupulous individual)
COOL! if got audible warning then it's way cooler... definitely on my consideration list hehe.

amrancharger said:
those japan meter is wicked but also expensive and very hot (main target for unscrupulous individual)
Couldn't agree more hehe

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

One more thing, someone voted for DIY... mind sharing how to do it?

Better yet, share in the DIY section and share its link in this thread

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
I'm currently using the shadow gauge since 2010.
pros:

-shadow gauge does have audible warning. when it reaches the value that you set..it will give you a single tone non stop along with red light that illuminates (the size is about the kilometrico pen cap)

-needle movement is good, sharp and does not lag. opening and closing ceremony resembles exactly like original defi.

-the brightness of the gauge can be set.

-automaticly stores the maximum reading that you reach. can be viewed by pressing the control button given.

-if there's a short circuit/wrong diagram of wiring/suspected wiring problem that is related with the gauge..the gauge itself will blink nonstop

cons:
-the water temp sensor. I already replaced it once on 2011. Until now, still serves me well.

-the control button, the outer layered one, silver in colour.. (used for brightness/peak value review/set the warning value) will come off in time due to the glue was not so strong ..countered it with applying stronger glue. small matter only.

p/s: it saved my engine once back in 2011 when one of my stopper leaked...and trust me, the non stop tone is really annoying, that it makes you want to stop ASAP by the road side. The OEM water temp was slow to react, compared to the water temp gauge.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
p/s: it saved my engine once back in 2011 when one of my stopper leaked...and trust me, the non stop tone is really annoying, that it makes you want to stop ASAP by the road side. The OEM water temp was slow to react, compared to the water temp gauge.
i couldnt agree more..the stock water temp meter is really slow in reaction.
once it showed over temperature usually its already too late.
got experience wif my ol skool toyota...scary. :smokin:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
I'm currently using the shadow gauge since 2010.
pros:

-shadow gauge does have audible warning. when it reaches the value that you set..it will give you a single tone non stop along with red light that illuminates (the size is about the kilometrico pen cap)

-needle movement is good, sharp and does not lag. opening and closing ceremony resembles exactly like original defi.

-the brightness of the gauge can be set.

-automaticly stores the maximum reading that you reach. can be viewed by pressing the control button given.

-if there's a short circuit/wrong diagram of wiring/suspected wiring problem that is related with the gauge..the gauge itself will blink nonstop

cons:
-the water temp sensor. I already replaced it once on 2011. Until now, still serves me well.

-the control button, the outer layered one, silver in colour.. (used for brightness/peak value review/set the warning value) will come off in time due to the glue was not so strong ..countered it with applying stronger glue. small matter only.

Thanks bro... lots of my friend (non-zth) also advise shadow...

use RM500 to fix the problem
Meaning you agree wif ixeo? only if it got audible warning because most of the time, I rarely glanced at my meter so buzzing annoying sound helps me a lot hehe

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
NRG only have LED as its warning indicator.... but still also in my list la hehe
can always make this a partial diy...wire a buzzer to the led n u have both for much less than rm500. can even buy 2 meters for less than 500 heheheh

if u wanna make it even more terror...wire a buzzer + vibrator n stick the vibrator within yr seat sponge. now u have sight, sound n touch warnings. just dont mount the vibrator on the passenger seat n purposely raise the water temp when gf riding shotgun la....

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
can always make this a partial diy...wire a buzzer to the led n u have both for much less than rm500. can even buy 2 meters for less than 500 heheheh

if u wanna make it even more terror...wire a buzzer + vibrator n stick the vibrator within yr seat sponge. now u have sight, sound n touch warnings. just dont mount the vibrator on the passenger seat n purposely raise the water temp when gf riding shotgun la....
confirm got my attention haha!

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
I wouldn't recommend NRG. u can't set the desired temp. for the warning tone to come on. And the needle movement is not that good

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,

on most tri y headers, i noticed pairing of cylinder 1 and 4, 2 and 3 (1-4, 2-3) which forms non-sequential header but i saw some tri y headers have pairings of 1-2, 3-4 which forms sequential header

im hunting for new tri y header but im confused with which one to choose to suit overall street performance output

anyone can enlighten me on the effect of pairings of header primaries on the power curve?
it will be good if i know the difference so i can choose which one is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience