Vibration

raymond_4u

Apr 2, 2006
I just did an engine conversion and i fill that the car is vibrating like hell after the conversion. Any sifu's out there know the reason for this?? I have even tried to change the engine mounting but it's still the same......any ideas???

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Engine and chassis? Please tell only people can help to solve.

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Only way to rectify would be to check the mountings and later on get an engine damper unit

JGE_4G15

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
mokomoko said:
Only way to rectify would be to check the mountings and later on get an engine damper unit
ya ya ....think mostly will b the engine mountings.....

egoegoego

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
i dont know this one can help or not..but my mechanic settle one vibrating problem when come to hi-rev...re-adjust or re-setting the belting...especially small pulley at the bottom of the engine (sorry dunno name of the pulley & belting)

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
how is the idle of ur engine?stable or not?and in wat kind of condition ur car start to shake?urs is auto gear?in the case of auto car;if the engine mounting is not well,it might affect ur car to shake like selling milk shake

raymond_4u

Apr 2, 2006
But i have just changed to new sets of mountings, a harder type than the stock and it's worst than before, i can feel the whole dashboard vibrationg and giving all type of anoying sound. i'm using sr20ve on my B14.......will racing mounting cause this problem???...but it was already vibrating like hell before i installed the racing mounting it self??? The vibration is bad at idle and is the worst when the car is just about to move ( when i release my clutch)....there is no problems at high revs.....pls advice........

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
hehehe , its race mountings are like that , cos its stiff it doesnt absorb like normal rubber.

but is ur car performing well , if engine not performing then it could be engine problem

ok when u sit in ur car n u rev let say to 1.5krpm , does it vibrate more ? i mean on idle

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
its for race use, of course not suitable for daily use. same like people who use race camshafts and complain that engine wont idle with aircon on. want power+comfort, go buy an M5.

best solution, change back to standard mounting.

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
If its the mountings, you should really feel it during high revs. I had transplant & mountings were not done properly. Vibrate like hell when hard accelerating cos engine touch chasis.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
its racing mounting. designed to hold the engine stable at high launching, high revs, high speed. but sacrifice lower rpm comfort.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys...i'm having prob wit my rear suspension system...its making noise...verrryyy irritating <_< <_<

ask mech he tell me is the 'dog bone' in hokkien...wat the heck....

any1 noe wats tat?i've juz change 2 new sets of absorber all 4 sides.... <_<
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience