V-Kool,Ecotint,Aircool,SolarGuard,etc...all the same

Thanks people .... Really appreciate the helpful response from all of you, "Great Bunch" ... Any Tint Shoppe will do? What sort of price am I looking at for just black tint for a 2 door coupe?

If not mistaken, there's only one Tint Shoppe, that is located at Taipan, USJ. Frankly, i wouldn't subsitute anything for VKool. Moreover, if you put like 2 or 3 layers of tint, the risk of having distortion is very high. Plus, you might not even pass the JPJ test.

Black tints are pretty cheap. I'm not sure about the price though. Again, go to a reputable tint shop to do the job.

When you have a 2 door coupe, you shouldn't compromise on the tint job or quite simply the visibility.

Well I am definately convinced now by some many recommendation for V-Kool product. Thanks guys. Am not planning to tint mine to the extreme. Probably just within the JPJ limit. Don't want those blood suckers, low-life, Form-4 grads, scums of the earth JPJ taking the opportunity to give me hell.

Went to KLIMS... got the entire tinting industry set up booths over there. Other than V-Kool, the best heat rejection I could get within the legal limit is about 70+ % for about RM 1400 or so. That's also skirting real close to the JPJ 50% light transmission ruling. End up with V-Kool at Tint-Shoppe for RM 1700. 94.8% heat rejection and 70% light transmission. Really worth it ler...

metoxide said:
Went to KLIMS... got the entire tinting industry set up booths over there. Other than V-Kool, the best heat rejection I could get within the legal limit is about 70+ % for about RM 1400 or so. That's also skirting real close to the JPJ 50% light transmission ruling. End up with V-Kool at Tint-Shoppe for RM 1700. 94.8% heat rejection and 70% light transmission. Really worth it ler...

V-kool total solar heat rejection only 55%-60%. who told you 94.8%? that's most probably IR rejection.

well to share some info to u guys, last time i bought some V-kool tint. that fella show me the price list " RM 12 for 1 sqft" i was like WOW! MAHAL GILA! then.. talk talk.. i buy for 5 bucks each sqft, so.... mark up = 100% OMG!

and.. i check some part of OUG( cannto remember where) this place sells tint in ROLLS ! cheap if u know how to tint ur car, for a roll tint that can cover up to 8 cars, ranges from 500 to 1500.

Mr Octopus, isn't IR the same as heat? If you block IR you block heat mah. No?

Btw, there are a few types of "high end" films. There's the organic material based type like NViro and then there's the metal based ones like V-Kool. Different material have different ways of blocking / reflecting heat / UV.