V-Kool,Ecotint,Aircool,SolarGuard,etc...all the same

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
My fren had just open a car tinting shop, told me that all the brands are all using the same kind of film. Wat is different is only the workmanship quality and film quality.....

Tinting films generally divided into 2 category(most brands prefer to import from).....
1)USA
2)Japan
with

Tinting films are quite expensive actually but when sold as a package to consumer they usually earn between a 30%-50% profit margin/mark up. My fren told me that for packages that offer between RM750-RM1000, cost of film used is only RM350-RM550.

So u guys out the regardless whther u are using V-Kool,Ecotint,Aircool,SolarGuard,etc....u r may actually be using the same film imported by the company, rebrand and repackage it n sold to U....:_:

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
When the salesman perform demo on various film, it does seem to me there's lots of difference between an expensive and cheap one. How do you explain that?

Besides, my car have been using V Kool for about 5 to 6 years, so far the film has not discolour yet. I've seen some cheap tints on some cars and you can clearly see the film turn brownish and very ugly if you ask me.

na_power

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2004
yeah2... im using aircool after few month change already the colour... but my fren v-kool still last eventhough itz already more than a year... mine aircool 800... my friend v-cool 1400 i think or 1600 forgot

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
by rubbing the film itself you can tell the thickness different between V-Kool and airkool. you got the wrong info, johndoe.

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
..... beside colour change... d most important got jpj approve ma... so dun have to worry...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
well,the tint is definately jpj approved....but,its the percentage of visibility AND the cars its applied on thats not approved....so,after tinting,best go n approve it for ur ride.then u can slap the letter that bears ur car registration and model onto the officers face

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
prodigy said:
When the salesman perform demo on various film, it does seem to me there's lots of difference between an expensive and cheap one. How do you explain that?

Besides, my car have been using V Kool for about 5 to 6 years, so far the film has not discolour yet. I've seen some cheap tints on some cars and you can clearly see the film turn brownish and very ugly if you ask me.
of course there is different between a V-Kool tint of RM1800 and a unknown brand of RM300......

wat i meant was for example AIRCOOL Tint of RM1800 is the same as V_KOOL tint of RM1800......

I THINK YOU GUYS MISUNDERSTOOD WAT I MEANT.....:_:

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
na_power said:
yeah2... im using aircool after few month change already the colour... but my fren v-kool still last eventhough itz already more than a year... mine aircool 800... my friend v-cool 1400 i think or 1600 forgot

ANOTHER MISUNDERSTANDING.....

wat i meant was you must compare like your aircool RM800 n v-kool RM800....quality is quite similar....becoz tinting films have different grades but from same source.....:_:

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
BlackSamurai said:
by rubbing the film itself you can tell the thickness different between V-Kool and airkool. you got the wrong info, johndoe.
of course there is a different my fren, there are film wif differen quality.....WAT I STRESS HERE IS THAT IS YOU WERE TO COMPARE THE SAME PRICE OF FILM

FOR EXAMPLE.....V-KOOL RM1800 n Aircool RM1800 has almost similar qualities....:_:

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
what u mean is between v-kool, ecotint all those la.... not between this brand n those unknown brand izzit... erm... fully understand

dragonfly

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
johndoe: well u r right in some way...its all bout branding only...but bout hte price of it n the profit that those tint shop made(it will remain as a secret for i downa to spoilt the market) it will not b fair to those who is earning in this tinting market...*peace*

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
KeV-TEC said:
what u mean is between v-kool, ecotint all those la.... not between this brand n those unknown brand izzit... erm... fully understand

yup, haha....

Becoz there is a few large manufacturer of tint films n all these brands will order n repackage them n resell to you. regardless of brands n quality, if u r paying just say RM1800 for a V-Kool , u can get an almost the same quality same a say Ecotint RM1800......:_:

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
blardee obvious if u compare 1 end to another end of range of products u get similiar or close results la .. thats why their priced as such in the 1st place

juniorkirk

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2006
Actually from what john said... all the thing are same... Juz the tinting film...
for v-kool.. u can know the different from it... the thickness and the heat reduction... etc etc..

meanwhile...for other cheaper tint film... the quality and thickness are different... some dont even reduce heat...

I saw one shop... offering whole car tinted only RM 150... the tint film they use are like 'plastic bag'... also they said... From USA...JPJ approved, 5 years warranty and reduce this reduce tat...

From what i know... those shop bought those branded tinting film in bundle... less than RM xxx per bundle... :Not_Impressed: ... i'll keep it as a secret... :D... as what dragonfly said...

juz my 0.01 cents : tinted film are cheap... workmanship are expensive...

*Peace***

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
johndoe,

so what other product model match with the following v-kool product may i know?

v-kool - ?
v-kool elite - ?
goldust - ?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I agree that the bulk of the tinting package price goes to the workmanship. For cheaper tint package, or those done at unprofessional accessory shop, you're bound to get shady workmanship and few months down the road, you'll find air bubbles and so on.

My car and my family's car tinting were done at reputable tint shops and i must say i'm quite amazed by the amount of work that is needed to produce a good quality tinting. There's almost like 4 or 5 guys working on my car. That also took almost 4 hours to complete. So, don't just look at the price, workmanship is the most important aspect of tinting.

dragonfly

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
well...all i can say is that tint film various from what u can effort...workmanship come first...then only the grad of the tint film that u wan to choose ...waht the use if u get a v-cool but got bad bad workmansihp...n remember guys...there is alot of tint films out there that meet the quality of v-cool but at a cheaper price...in reality pplz go for branding...as long as the name is v-cool then everyone will say that its GOOD...just like buying a ACER laptop n a SONY laptop...i hope u guys know what i mean...:)

juniorkirk

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2006
i agree... :D...

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
dragonfly said:
...there is alot of tint films out there that meet the quality of v-cool but at a cheaper price...in reality pplz go for branding...as long as the name is v-cool then everyone will say that its GOOD...just like buying a ACER laptop n a SONY laptop...i hope u guys know what i mean...:)
If they can meet the performance of V Kool, can they meet the requirements of JPJ?

For instance, VKool may allow 70% of light to go thru the films. Other cheaper brands may allow only 20% of light to go thru the film. Both have similar heat rejection and you feel equally as cool inside the car. Guess which film will give you trouble when stopped by JPJ.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,
been thinking of getting myself a new rubber... 1 workshop recommended me this Pirelli P6, me quite impress oso but need advise frm u all b4 i take it... anyway, oso need to know the price... just for comparison... btw, am thinking of getting 215/60/16

TQ guys.

p.s., any other suggestion for my new rubber is oso welcome, my preference is more towards performance but still need comfort
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience