V-Kool,Ecotint,Aircool,SolarGuard,etc...all the same

so your trying to tell us that you can get us cost price for v-kool? if not your just confusing people. hmmm. v-kool is the best. dont bother about the rest. normally v-kool should have autorised dealers and installers. JPJ approve too. and normal color. no need to worry about road blocks and stuff. and it keeps temp down big time inside car.

john i feel so weird y u stress this matter so much ? if ppl who do know bout tinting wun talk bout brand one .... why care bout the brand .... we talk bout the percentage of heat filtered by the tint film ...... n as last time mentioned in previous thread as long as the tinting pass JPJ approval n can last long then its ok oledi .... i remeber the lowest margin of tinting is above RM400 ..... so u cannot blame ppl for charging u expensive coz all they have is their professonalities in their handwork .... if u know how to do it then i have nothing to say ..... but i still don`t get what u trying to inform us about ? ..... no heart keeping just my point of view ....

BlackSamurai said:
johndoe,

so what other product model match with the following v-kool product may i know?

v-kool - ?
v-kool elite - ?
goldust - ?

usually close rival brands of V-Kool wif similar price will usually bear the same quality...:_:

edwin_lcw said:
john i feel so weird y u stress this matter so much ? if ppl who do know bout tinting wun talk bout brand one .... why care bout the brand .... we talk bout the percentage of heat filtered by the tint film ...... n as last time mentioned in previous thread as long as the tinting pass JPJ approval n can last long then its ok oledi .... i remeber the lowest margin of tinting is above RM400 ..... so u cannot blame ppl for charging u expensive coz all they have is their professonalities in their handwork .... if u know how to do it then i have nothing to say ..... but i still don`t get what u trying to inform us about ? ..... no heart keeping just my point of view ....

edwin, most brands now pass the JPJ approval....V-Kool,Ecotint,Aircool,SolarGuard,etc.....it doesn't matter if u dun get, i bring this up as an xtra info for ppl who will ge going to tint their car....that's all.....

Just to provide another info....V-Kool usually provide a lot of package for new car company like Toyota, Nissan, Honda,etc......pls do not take those package, just found out that those unscruplous ppl trying to gain money by providing low quality "V-Kool" tint.....n u pay like rm300-rm1800................u better go out to original v-kool authorised dealers....

ohh but what to do .... their package is like dat u dun take or take also they charge u no diff ..... but think the other side u buy the car u r under loan meaning u dun see value spent compare u do it outside u really see the money going out from your pocket ..... thats the part i hate most .... haha

well...different ppl got different thiking...i do tinting n not to say that v-cool is not good...its just that...there is alot of good quality tint film out there...giving u the same quality n solar rejection as v-cool...

Technology is always there to be improving for sure. Today VKool might be the best, half a year later a China/Taiwan brand will come out with something equally good. Thats life.

Also, this is just my opinion but VKool so far have been proven to be extremely reliable even after 4 or 5 years but the same cannot be said about the cheaper ones that can perform as well as VKool. Also, you have to look at the JPJ compliance point of view.

johndoe said:
Just to provide another info....V-Kool usually provide a lot of package for new car company like Toyota, Nissan, Honda,etc......pls do not take those package, just found out that those unscruplous ppl trying to gain money by providing low quality "V-Kool" tint.....n u pay like rm300-rm1800................u better go out to original v-kool authorised dealers....
This is incorrect. I used to work as a car salesman for one of the Kah Motors branches. Tint companies like V-Kool and Ecotint have direct dealings and arrangements with these car sales companies. Car salespeople are encouraged to offer these tint products and as an incentive they are given a commission from V-Kool. Prices will vary depending on your grade of film. And of course if the salesperson willing to forgo some or all of their commission. But these prices are generally the same as what you will get if you go to a V-Kool authorised dealer.

Advantage to customers is that once they collect their brand new car, it is "complete". From accessories to tinting to etc.

Just my share of "info". :_:

Speed Demon said:
This is incorrect. I used to work as a car salesman for one of the Kah Motors branches. Tint companies like V-Kool and Ecotint have direct dealings and arrangements with these car sales companies. Car salespeople are encouraged to offer these tint products and as an incentive they are given a commission from V-Kool. Prices will vary depending on your grade of film. And of course if the salesperson willing to forgo some or all of their commission. But these prices are generally the same as what you will get if you go to a V-Kool authorised dealer.

Advantage to customers is that once they collect their brand new car, it is "complete". From accessories to tinting to etc.

Just my share of "info". :_:

tell u wat, i found out most of the car salesman are conman..they said this said that..but after hand the car to buyer, then all things turn none....

even with the commission or wat, but the salesman actually can find other shop to do the tint job which make them earn more....they can find a similiarlook tint product to replace the expensive 1...hey man, most of them do this..dun tell me u never kena this kind of ppl b4....if so, i think u should open ur eye bigger......3 of my fren buy car also got some low quality tint film from other brand/manufacture indeed of wat is the salesman say at the first....and did u saw before a tint film can turn into transparent from it;s original blueish in 6 month? btw, for the sake of money, they even ask the shop to simple do the tint job..so the installer can charge cheaper..and they make more money...y i know? cos my fren is tint shop boss.....

yup, wat he say is rite..actually those tint film manufacture are oem for many brand..so it maybe almost similiar to each brand of product..but maybe branded tint brand will go for higher quality..that's y u can see the price diff..
ex: c-kool gold dust does look the same with other cheap brand..y? they are from same manufacture..just the quality not same(maybe)..but the color are all the same...

those tint shop actually come out with their own brand then said this said that...actually they get the tint film from the same manufacture with others....because the tint film didn label which manufacture/brand at the back side sticker, so we cant know wat actually is the brand...

those branded tint film got it's name and logo at the back of the tint film...they purposely ask the manufacture to print it for some extra cost..that's y they make u believe that's actually theit special product...actually all the same....

haiyo.. if dont like v-kool.. then go for 3M ScotchTint ... hehehe

howiechoo said:
tell u wat, i found out most of the car salesman are conman..they said this said that..but after hand the car to buyer, then all things turn none....

even with the commission or wat, but the salesman actually can find other shop to do the tint job which make them earn more....they can find a similiarlook tint product to replace the expensive 1...hey man, most of them do this..dun tell me u never kena this kind of ppl b4....if so, i think u should open ur eye bigger......3 of my fren buy car also got some low quality tint film from other brand/manufacture indeed of wat is the salesman say at the first....and did u saw before a tint film can turn into transparent from it;s original blueish in 6 month? btw, for the sake of money, they even ask the shop to simple do the tint job..so the installer can charge cheaper..and they make more money...y i know? cos my fren is tint shop boss.....

yup, wat he say is rite..actually those tint film manufacture are oem for many brand..so it maybe almost similiar to each brand of product..but maybe branded tint brand will go for higher quality..that's y u can see the price diff..
ex: c-kool gold dust does look the same with other cheap brand..y? they are from same manufacture..just the quality not same(maybe)..but the color are all the same...

those tint shop actually come out with their own brand then said this said that...actually they get the tint film from the same manufacture with others....because the tint film didn label which manufacture/brand at the back side sticker, so we cant know wat actually is the brand...

those branded tint film got it's name and logo at the back of the tint film...they purposely ask the manufacture to print it for some extra cost..that's y they make u believe that's actually theit special product...actually all the same....

You may be right. A colleague just got a Pug407 & the salesman said the package came with V Cool. Then when I got in the car, it was hot & I asked again....he then said V Cool quality & that it's the same. For 3.5k more for the tint & Xenon bulbs? Its so bad that he now wants to rip off the tint & install V Cool or Conqueror (which he used on his old car). So much for salesmen....!

howiechoo said:

Yes, I agree there are salespeople who are dishonest. Which is where being a wise consumer is necessary. Original tints from "branded" companies like V-Kool come with warranties which are issued by V-Kool themselves. So if you collect a car without the warranty card, that should tell you something already. Another thing you can do is to bring your car over to the head office where they have the equipment to test UV & IR penetration levels. Apart from that, your car details should have been registered into their database. So this will definitely confirm you are getting what you paid for.

In today's world, buying something (especially something expensive) and not double-checking will only lead you to being cheated. :X-:

haih...this topic will go on n on n on n on.............as long as i know that my car is tinted with 2layer of tint films n its cheap..........it meets my requirements n i am very veyr happy with it............well what i am trying to say is thtat no matter how good or how reliable a product is..........there will b more ..much more varieties to meet all the pplzzzzzz out there................diff ppl wan diff thingy......heheh....*PEACE*

dragonfly said:
haih...this topic will go on n on n on n on.............as long as i know that my car is tinted with 2layer of tint films n its cheap..........it meets my requirements n i am very veyr happy with it............well what i am trying to say is thtat no matter how good or how reliable a product is..........there will b more ..much more varieties to meet all the pplzzzzzz out there................diff ppl wan diff thingy......heheh....*PEACE*

tint 2nd layer? if i have RM400 tint on first layer, and i think RM400 on 2nd layer, is it better (solar heat rejection) than ppl who buy RM800 tint on first layer?

Just the topic I was looking for. So, conclusion is, most of the top films like V-Kool, Ecotint, SolarGuard, AirKool etc are generally the same.

I am looking for a tint but there seemed to be a million types of tints out there. What are your recommendation thru experience and guesstimate price for tinting a two door couple?

Appreciate, Tint Experts ...

For me, VKool is tested and proven and my family have 2 other cars using VKool without any problem. I'd stick to VKool. It does not come cheap, but at least on a hot day like now, you'd be thanking yourself for making a worthwhile investment.

BTW, go to a established tint shop to do the job. I know many accessories shops carry VKool brand but not all of them are professional. For me, i did my car at Tint Shoppe in USJ. Good job done. No peeling or bubbling effect at all.

Prodigy, thanks for the advice. Would definately take your advice greatly.

Had a SolarGuard shop/distributor near where I live but never stopped over yet ... And idea how they perform?

hmmm, my opinion, if u tint 2 layers, or 3 layers, no doubt it can reject heat more, but it also affect ur visibility on screen.....correct me if i'm wrong. i using V-kool premier, very satisfied with the product, even my whole family agree on that, cos they use cheap tinting like solar cool...but i still wondering bout the spraying things one. anyone done it? how's it?

Yeah, I'm also 3 years on Vkool now. No problem whatsoever. Got my car tinted at Tint Shoppe also. Just go for it eyong. Vkool is the best by far.