Upgrading my E3

icecream_van

icecream_van

Jan 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Wassup all,

Firstly im new in this turbo/car stuff.Nw im using E3 engine with TD05H with all the stock parts(blowoff etc. etc.).The only thing that chng so far putting the wastegate (40mm).Just wanna get some advice on how to get more HP out frm the E3.What i should do first or change what or add what parts to gain few or extra HP...do let me know guys....:driver:

Mr.Garrett

Mr.Garrett

Jan 15, 2011
Selangor
I've also the newbie like yours..just install E3 engine few month ago.Wat i've learn from my mech & some source of megazine first we look at wat we intend for?the usage of the car..daily drive or like a street racer..modification is depend on that.Its easy to increase the HP but there another thing u need to consider...For me,I don wan my car like a monster so I jz install a few items in term of fuel support system to avoid my engine premature detonation.So, wats is your intend for your modification? Maybe we can discuss & get another brilliant ideas from ours ZTH sifus..

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Ermm...

Start off with fuel pump, stainless steel piping, boost controller, management/piggybag, injectors, cams, pistons, suspensions, tires, bigger turbines & the list goes on........ Depends on how deep your pocket is. However at the end of the day it's not the HP that matters, it's how you drive it. Power to weight ratio play a major part in determine whose car is faster. Anyways happy boosting!!

Last edited:

icecream_van

icecream_van

Jan 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i jz wanna gain some HP and at the same time the most important thing is to maintain the engine as u guys know it im still a newbie..im not to sure what part is good for what as i know it im still learning the basics..not that i wanna mk it real fast or what actually..for a beginner like me what do u suggest i focus on more? cz sumone told me to maintain a tubo car that u drive daily its really hard..im not to sure what they meant by that....nway thanx guys for spare ur time to reply this...appreciate

mines998

1,000 RPM

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
icecream_van said:
i jz wanna gain some HP and at the same time the most important thing is to maintain the engine as u guys know it im still a newbie..im not to sure what part is good for what as i know it im still learning the basics..not that i wanna mk it real fast or what actually..for a beginner like me what do u suggest i focus on more? cz sumone told me to maintain a tubo car that u drive daily its really hard..im not to sure what they meant by that....nway thanx guys for spare ur time to reply this...appreciate
What is the budget u have? Perhaps you can start with piggy back ECU to re-tune yr engine and go for higher boost. This is the fastest way to gain power.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
main thing is what is ur whp aim and what do u want to use ur car for
for example if its going to be a daily driven car
then better just cut out all the ideas on cams and giant turbos and just upgrade ur fuel delivery system with a better flowing fuel pump and adjustable fuel regulator and also exhaust piping for sure

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
To start off just get yourself stainless steel piping, fuel pump, fuel regulator, a piggy back & re-tune the engine to whatever set up you want......

Mr.Garrett

Mr.Garrett

Jan 15, 2011
Selangor
[H] [K] [S];1063399952 said:
To start off just get yourself stainless steel piping, fuel pump, fuel regulator, a piggy back & re-tune the engine to whatever set up you want......
This is the good ideas to start...

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
at the moment my budget is nt muct...around 3k maybe...
for 3k the best bet for a beginning mod is :
1. emanage blue with ignition harness - RM 1500 (im not too sure this what i remembered last time should be around there)
2. Stainless Steel 3 inch exhaust piping straight all the way from the exhaust manifold to the muffler, remove the catalytic converter - RM 900 (it could be cheaper or more expensive, that is just how much i did mine for)
3. Apexi Power Intake Dual Funnel Air Filter + Heatshield + Cold Air Intake - RM 300
4. Balance service ur engine and gearbox if not done yet
happy modding :wavey:

mines998

1,000 RPM

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
E-manage was a very old version of piggyback ecu beside that there was a lot of replica in market you need to be careful when u buy. Stainless steel piping do not help to improve the engine power but using 3 inch piping do suiteable for E3 if yr piping is not 3 inch. If I not wrong Apexi funnel is 3 inch inlet which is not very suiteable for E3 infact it reduce yr horse power on dyno. Tested b4! If 3k for stock engine I rather buy Unichip piggyback ecu cos it guarantee you gain 15% above power for turbo engine and this will help u to get ready for next upgrade aswell!

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
3K?! SAFC, Fuel Regulator, Walbro Fuel Pump. Add bit extra if you do not have stainless steel piping for the intercooler.....

mines998

1,000 RPM

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
[H] [K] [S] said:
3K?! SAFC, Fuel Regulator, Walbro Fuel Pump. Add bit extra if you do not have stainless steel piping for the intercooler.....
Now day if you have SAFC in car just don't anyhow park yr car! Sigh! This is the fact about Malaysia!

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
Now day if you have SAFC in car just don't anyhow park yr car! Sigh! This is the fact about Malaysia!
Been there.... 3 times ad my car been broken into.... So fix socket lar for all your gadgets. Also place it somewhere hidden. Don't show off too much. Just pray not the whole car gone missing.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2011
Perak
rememberr always broo.............

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

remember alwys broo///////////

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear all...

how help to answer me? and pls suggest good mechanic also.. hehe.. thanks. coz i feel that my car is very slow ler.. so i need some extra boost
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience