Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

upgrading ice in iswara

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

nigel8

im new in audio.i want to upgrade my car audio.my setup is head unit pioneer,front door i set component mb quart and real component diamond set,subwoofer 2 12 inch lanzar opti one each 900rms,4 channer lanzar 1000watt and one monoblock lanzar 2000rms,one capicitor 4 farag lanzar.Now i want to add 4 mid speaker 4 inch and 4 tweeter on my behind.one more 4 channer to be added right to push other 4 addition speaker behind...hows it a setup with 2 4 channel and one monoblock...how is a connection and layout.thanks...i need u expert suggestion. actually my objective is SPL open concept to playing in beach...

u might need a full active 3 way electronic crossover, connect from your HU rear pre out, just before the amplifiers. make sure the xover can play high/mid/low, not just front/rear/sub.

im assuming your pioneer HU has 3 pre outs (front, rear and sub)
so the connection will be:
HU front out - amplfier 1 front input - front components
HU rear out - 3 way xover - high output - amplifier 2 front input - rear tweeters
HU rear out - 3 way xover - mid output - amplifier 2 rear input - rear 4 inch mids
HU rear out - 3 way xover - low output - amplifier 1 rear input - rear 6 inch mids
HU sub out - sub amp - subwoofers

another way is...
get 4 inch components instead of separates, so they will come with passive crossovers
this way u can just play the first 4ch for the current components, and the 2nd four ch for the 4inch components
HU - front out - old 4ch amp - mbquart + diamond comp
HU - rear out - new 4ch amp - 4inch components x 4
HU sub out - sub amp - subs

Last edited:
hi!Zenn
thanks a lot for u expert suggestion...i would look it up u option B thats is;

get 4 inch components instead of separates, so they will come with passive crossovers
this way u can just play the first 4ch for the current components, and the 2nd four ch for the 4inch components
HU - front out - old 4ch amp - mbquart + diamond comp
HU - rear out - new 4ch amp - 4inch components x 4
HU sub out - sub amp - sub

the first option is good but too complicated setup to me...becos need to add xver electronic crossover...

QUESTION TO ZENN AGAIN...
1)addition 4 chl amp and 4 componet 4" need to resetup all the wiring?or just plug and ply?

2)recommend mid speaker 4" sound quality(what brand?)MOSTLY PEOPLE MALAYSIAN USED?

3)any idea where is a good area behind iswara aeroback to put my 2 set mid on?or need to customize?

4)any recommended good shop in JB area to do my setup?

anyway thanks for suggetion....

QUESTION TO ZENN AGAIN...
1)addition 4 chl amp and 4 componet 4" need to resetup all the wiring?or just plug and ply?
- assuming your HU has 3 pre outs, and currently front out to ch1&2 input of your 4ch lanzar amp,
and HU rear out to your ch3&4 of your 4ch lanzar amp
- now all u need is to take the rear rca cable from ch3&4 input of the lanzar amp and put it into input of your new 4ch amp. in both amps u need to switch the rca input from separate to sum (since only one rca cable input)
-other than that u need to add power cable, ground cable, remote wiring for the new 4ch amp la

2)recommend mid speaker 4" sound quality(what brand?)MOSTLY PEOPLE MALAYSIAN USED?
- this one not sure la, depends on whats your budget and whats available in your area

3)any idea where is a good area behind iswara aeroback to put my 2 set mid on?or need to customize?
- i thought this was going into the iswara bootlid to play when u open up the boot. your rear deck no need to add la since u already have the diamond components

4)any recommended good shop in JB area to do my setup?
- im not familiar with JB shops, i know Tampoi electronics, old timer, and new shop Famous Audio or something like that

thank you so much zenn for u expert suggetion.i will figure out u tips u given me.now you know abt my ice and my planned.can you simply draw or layout my setup.because i will show it to them how is my setup.so they will follow your layout to setup.sometime explain cannot get the picture.thanks for u understanding zenn...Anyway soon i wil upgrading,nowday still looking my 4 channel and speaker..anyway when my upgrading done i will upload the photo to u.i will keep in thread to u if i hv question abt ice...thanks zenn all the best to you...

say hello to anyone here...recently i bought 4 channel amp to upgrading as mention above,the 4 channel amp is Lanzar also lol...the only one brand i can find in singapore cheap and high spec lol...budget user...anywhere The model is Lanzar max pro 422 the spec is;

SPECS
4 x 250 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms
4 x 500 Watts Max at 4 Ohms
2 x 1000 Watts Max at 4 Ohms Bridged
4 x 450 Watts at 2 Ohms RMS
Electronic Crossover Network
Bass Boost Circuit
Variable Phase Shift Control
2 Ohms Stereo Stable
Anti-Thump Turn-On
Tri-Mode Configurable
Soft Turn On/Off
High Low Level Inputs
Blue Light Illuminated Crossover Control
Power Protection LED Indicators
Advanced Protection Circuitry
Bass Boost Remote Control
T.H.D:<0.04%
S/N Ratio:>90dB
Channel Separation:<65dB
Frequency Response: 15Hz- 35kHz
Dimensions: 10.47''W x 2.46''H x 17''L

Hope guys can give me some comment abt this amp or history abt Lanzar in malaysia,i been seaching few forum regarding abt Lanzar in euro site most of them comment that crap brand sad heard abt that...so how abt in Lanzar user in malasia?The price is only $250 brand new.Now only left 2 component speaker to start my upgrading project on my iswara.i will planned buy the speaker in malaysia.
HOPE U GUYS CAN GIVE ME SOME IDEA FOR MY UPGRADING MY SYSTEM...THANKS

well... not brand concious here... but lanzer was a good old school brand... new ones... not so popular...

and for the street blasting like the ones you wan... well... the most prominent brand i could see around is pegasus, ameron and the such... but SQ wise... i wouldnt recommend them...

and for the setting up you wanted to go with... the installations is basically you have to split the RCA from 1 pair to 2 pair... how to do this?

you can use the preout from the amps if they have it
you can use Y-RCA
you can use the "input sum" features if your amps has it...

happy blasting...

hi!craziechild....thanks for u adviced.Pegasus is the one im looking up upgrading my system.Im thinking for pegasus PG 45,PG55 OR PG65...i've was asked the price for PG45 in JB area was cost me around rm400 per pair with installation..Which model pegasus suitable model mid range speaker for my upgrading system?any idea craziechild?

well... as i said... i wouldnt recommend them...

and for your applications... i am not in the position to comment because i am not a open boot street blaster kaki...

sorry...

you from JB? i am currently in skudai...

yes im from jb working in singapore,got time we meet lol....

Top Bottom