Tyre Graining Explained

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

If you follow motorsport or are a track junkie, you should be quite familiar with the dreaded tyre grain. But what is it exactly and what causes it? Did you know there are two types of tyre graining? A very informative video for the enthusiast, brought to you by Dunlop.

<object width="640" height="385"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y9jC6sUOkR4&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="385"></object>

Attachments

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
In the F1 Canadian GP last week, teams experience a lot of graining issues, even with the prime tyre. Even myself taught the McLaren is gambling with the super soft (option) tyre, but later found out that the Red Bulls & Renault are the one who is gambling with the medium compound (prime) tyre.

I have read due to the fact that the circuit is not in use for a year, therefore the track provides low grip, hence graining issues arise. But as the track unfolds, the tyres are coming back to them, therefore at mid race, the prime tyres are the better compound. Mark Webber lost his position was because his prime tyres are graining (he said basically it is virtually can't avoid this graining issue no matter how slow you drive) pretty bad since he has used it for quite long and no more grip.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good Day,

I am new here... saan po makakakuha ng affordable and ok na lowering spring for my honda city type z?? near las piñas and cavite, nasa magkano kaya sya?

Thank you po.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience