Turbo Need Opinion

Mr.Garrett

Jan 15, 2011
Selangor
Hye guyz,

I need somebody to give me some ideas & knowledge regarding to my car issue...Perdana'96.
I've just install Evo 3 engine about 1 month ago..and want to used this car just weekend car and for "santai2"..
Everything still in standard mode.I've just install a few thing such as stainless steel piping for intercooler & air ram pipe, fuel regulator (sard), fuel pump (walbro),banana manifold with turbosmart 38mm ultragate.HKS adjustable campulley with the Super Kevlar timing belt.For interior or cockpit i just have the Tomei turbo timer and Blitz Boost meter include the e-Manage as an ECU.Dats all.Currently there is no problem with the car,because I just run at 1-bar on boost.

So,for the next few month ahead, I plan to make some modification but not extremely change everything and make the engine become like a monster.

My question is...
1.If i change the new highcam, does I need to change the new ECU?What the consequences if I
still use my e-manage?
2.Whats the different between Haltech E6K and the Microtech LT10? Which is better for my
car right now?:stupid:
3.Can someone give me which highcam is better for my current engine now.. HKS, Tomei or Brian
Crower?What is the different with 272 degree and 288 degree?:hmmmm:

I am a newby..so sorry if my Q is some like a stupid one:adore::adore::adore:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
1)no need to change...just send it to a good tuner for engine tuning after every parts intalled...if not tuned..most probably engine would kaput i short time...especially when driven hard

2)not sure...maybe some additional function/proccessing speed???

3)which performance cam suits u???u need to ask yourself..u wanna chase high horsepower figure and sacrifice torque drivability at low rpm or u want some decent hp increase without missing so much low rpm torque and drivability in town.....most cam...the higher degree indicate that the powerband was shifted at higher rpm with high percentage of HP gain...but like i said earlier....torque at low rpm gonna suffer...lower degree cam where most ppl call street cam increase power but not as high as big degree cam...but u still can drive it normally/crawl in traffic jam/coming out of junction just like a normal car.....unlike higher degree cammed engine where mostlikely u need to give it a hefty amount of rev to get it moving from low speed/stop n go situation....

:adore: thats my 0.001cents opinion

Mr.Garrett

Jan 15, 2011
Selangor
Thanks "Pomen GTR".Bro,wat about the piston??Normally the Evo 3 piston can stand at how much boost? If i increase the boost at 1.5bar is it ok or not with my internal part of engine especially the piston..or maybe u can guide me with any explaination for me to understand the limit of Evo 3 standard engine with some item installed that i mention above.What should i do and what should not...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
from what i know (my friend does it not myself)....according to him an evo could only withstand 1.0bar of boost with everything in the engine was original..and still reliable (of course with a good tuning)....

but if anything more than that u need to lower the compression and some other like a better forged piston(with low static compression ratio profile) as well as forged conrod and race crank bearings.....this to ensure a good reliable setup to withstand higher boost when u chase for more power later on (and not to forget a proper ecu tuning)

maybe u can start with 1.0bar of boost paired with some mild/street cam first...that should give quite good improvement and might get a better drivability as a bonus after properly tuned.... :adore: but to describe a specific parts what to use..(as if it was me doing this) i maybe just stick to JE piston/wiseco piston with "carillo" conrod and ACL race bearings...but maybe other ppl got some better alternative that would be slightly easier on your wallet compared to my suggestion.... :adore:

Slowboy

Known Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
boosting depend on tuning, good tuner will know the limit of your engine when it's already knocking. as for the cam dont go more than 272 deg. as you will suffer the low end torque. You can go for combo cam if you want to such as 264/272 for response. For this kind of mod, no need to change ecu bro, just keep ur e-manage still can support. just my opinion.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this is a way how u can get yr glasses clean n smooth water flows when driving in rain for better visibility

this, a window which juz cleaned with juz water, can easily see the water is sticking on the glasses, perhaps until it dry, where earth;s gravity does not help to pull the water down

i clayed the glasses, using ONR as lubricant...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience