TT to welcome new Evo X

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Don't want to be too hard on you, but maintenance is the biggest thing to consider when buying a car. I could afford to buy a Ferrari probably, but the maintenance would kill me. Therefor I stay off from buying one.

Take it easy, work your way up further on the career ladder and in 1-2 yours you may can afford not only buying an Evo X but also don't have to worry about maintaining one. Too many people ended up selling their dream car because of that, heard it before.

Hope I didn't offend you, it wasn't meant this way, just a honest view from a middle aged guy

Andreas
I agreed on Andreas... having a sport car like EVO mostly consume lots of money in many way.
Even i was in bad situation after having an EVO (dream car since 2003 - study time).
Now i have to do double time...

Maybe can buy the car not all can maintain it... work...work.... work...

Last edited:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Sharing my humble experience, if you are into performance:
1) Motul 300V Competition 15W-50
2) I am on SST, so using SST gear oils from MMM
3) Motul DOT 4.0/ 5.1 Brake Fluid

Commonly available ECU tuning:
1) ECU Tek ( caution: once flashed, cannot row back to stock map )
2) HKS Fcon IS ( basic ), Fcon Vpro ( extreme ), advantages of HKS is harness kit for Evo X is available
3) Cobb AccessPort

For service, can also go to MMM service centre.
hi syong888,

according to Mutol Sales Rep. EVO X required a 5W-40
(Maybe Motul 300V Power 100% Sync Double Ester). If 15W-50 too thick for the 4B11.
The engine in stock condition... assume 15W-50 for modded spec.

about the gear box... i assume Motul Gear 100% sync ester 75W90 GL4&5 fit for Evo X.
is it the this gear box oil suit the EVO8?

brake fluid... probably DOT 4 the suitable for daily driven.
Coz if DOT 5 kinda to thick & only work under x-tream temperature condition (track... or go up hill & down hill everyday...

about the ECU.... i still searching & google around... all this information for my friends... thanks.

might be other expert can quoted any useful idea for EVO X owner...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Singaporeans at Oneshift.com spotted an Evo X that floated onto their shores surprisingly early.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

From Oneshift.com: "Thats right. Thats the nose of the new Evo 10, seen prowling the busy streets of Singapore. Here are some pictures. The car sits on huge, 18 inch alloys and 245/40 profile...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience