Top overhaul guide

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
wow, sounds like wira quite popular among moderators here:driver: newbie here:wavey: wld like to hear ur personal experience on this. guess i went too deep on leader thing, haha. but we need more people like u. you earn the knowledge in a hard (and expensive) way, yet u guys willing to share with us.
Having said that - all the modders that drove Wiras no longer drive wiras. I wouldn't say what I learnt is hard - just expensive. I didn't want to just change the engine to a Mivec or GSR and be done with it. People just Justin Merrill in America have psychotic drag 4G15 machines that need a wastegate for idling cuz the supercharger runs at 0.8 bar pressure on idle. People like Justin are the true mad fellas.

technical question here, 1) is it possible to clean the top of piston head without removing the block?

2) my engine block is covered by almost 1 cm thick of sludge, even after an engine wash. maybe due to eo leaking for a while now. any product to deal with it? plan to buy it and ask the mech to clean it. really hurt my eyes seeing it.

3) regarding the compression, what will happen if we increase it? any change in fc? more heat produced?
1. Yes it is. Remove the head and the piston tops are revealed lor.
2. Degreaser, a brush and a high pressure water hose. Or just use diesel to wash your engine. Just remember to rinse it well after washing.
3. higher compression will just mean higher power to some extent. Yes - more heat too. But all depends on how much you go. Even if you fully skim your head to the max it won't do anything too drastic other than sometimes knock at high revs if you're using low octane petrol. If you're talking about high compression pistons and skimming, then you better hope your ECU can adapt otherwise you might need to use high octane petrol already.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
izso...can use diesel to wash engine ah? wanna try so no need to buy degreaser.
That is what the station people use, but as mentioned by bro. Izso have to rinse well, because diesel is petroleum product and it attacks rubber on the long run. So if use often some rubber parts may go faster. Another is kerosene. I used to use that but got to rinse well too with soap or shampoo, so is double job.
Which car you want to clean? Can come my house lah! I got water base degreaser now. Water base is easy, just clean and rinse off....:smokin:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Hi all, tumpang thread...

My ride Waja 2004 - 4G18 now reached 10 years already.
Having an intention for full overhaul/major maintenance on it.
Any possibilities to guide which workshop somewhere in S.Alam are trust worthy.
As I will provide/supply the parts required and just need the labour/technicalities.

Intentionally, to make the engine back to zero hour and to make the car "new again".

Thanks in advance

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi all, tumpang thread...

My ride Waja 2004 - 4G18 now reached 10 years already.
Having an intention for full overhaul/major maintenance on it.
Any possibilities to guide which workshop somewhere in S.Alam are trust worthy.
As I will provide/supply the parts required and just need the labour/technicalities.

Intentionally, to make the engine back to zero hour and to make the car "new again".

Thanks in advance
I don't know about Shah Alam. My recommendation is in Kepong. One of our more popular GRA racers Mitch Chong's workshop. The fella is reliable plenty. Just don't let him poison you into turning your car into a GRA racer. :biggrin: (seriously - he's good)

Izso: Eh... what Supra? Supra's an old car laaa.... :)
Bugger.. 11 years old and I'm barely above 10% of what your Garfield outputs ok!! :thefinger:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Izso,
Thanks for your guide and please share the address.
I need really trust worthy mechanic to handle the maintenance.
As I unable to monitor during/after the process.
Hopefully the job could be done in reasonable time frame.

Modding the Waja will be not in the list.
I want to keep it bone stock forever for sentimental value.
Definitely looking for reasonable price.

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I don't know about Shah Alam. My recommendation is in Kepong. One of our more popular GRA racers Mitch Chong's workshop. The fella is reliable plenty. Just don't let him poison you into turning your car into a GRA racer. :biggrin: (seriously - he's good)

Bugger.. 11 years old and I'm barely above 10% of what your Garfield outputs ok!! :thefinger:
Bro tumpang thread, can give the address of the workshop at Kepong? I wanna check out my car issue there too hehe.

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Hi guys,

Talking about engine balancing. i still dont understand the concept.
I heard engine internal can be only do balancing 3 times(i assume is only the crankshaft part only).

Let say i'm going to DIY, Which part i should sent to engineering shop?

I should send :
1. Crankpully
2. Crankshaft
3. Flywheel
4. Conrod
5. Piston ( need to send with piston ring inside also?)
6. Camshaft with it's pulley?( This part needed?)
7. Torque Converter ( let say i drive auto, this part also need to sent?:biggrin:)
8. Or gearbox itself also need to send to balance?:confused:
9. Clutch plate with it;s cover

Is there a few type of balancing? like semi balancing, high speed balancing?

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor

GRA- Grass Racing Autosport ??

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
yup..

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Hi guys,

Talking about engine balancing. i still dont understand the concept.
I heard engine internal can be only do balancing 3 times(i assume is only the crankshaft part only).

Let say i'm going to DIY, Which part i should sent to engineering shop?

I should send :
1. Crankpully
2. Crankshaft
3. Flywheel
4. Conrod
5. Piston ( need to send with piston ring inside also?)
6. Camshaft with it's pulley?( This part needed?)
7. Torque Converter ( let say i drive auto, this part also need to sent?:biggrin:)
8. Or gearbox itself also need to send to balance?:confused:
9. Clutch plate with it;s cover

Is there a few type of balancing? like semi balancing, high speed balancing?
Wait - you're talking about balancing right for an auto? Let me share my own experience :

1. & 2: Crankpulley - Yes but make sure you choose a final item. The original pulley will break eventually and if you swap it out then it'll be out of balance. So if you decide to go for an aftermarket pulley, make sure you buy that then send it for balancing together with your crankshaft. Since the crankshaft is out as well, hook it up with the torque convertor for balancing.

The rest no need la. Auto where got flywheel one?

Balancing is like this - if you've never seen an Evo balancing shaft, you should go find one just to play with it for 5 minutes. Try rocking this shaft and leave it to rock side to side by itself and you'll see why it's called the "Balancing" shaft. It'll keep rocking by itself for a good 5 minutes before it completely stops moving. Try doing that with any other sort of shaft and see.

So now imagine if your gb, crankshaft and pulley are all balanced perfectly and can spin on their own momentum for longer periods of times, less stress on the engine and easier revs. The difference between a perfectly balanced engine and a not balanced one is very easily seen on the revs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Found this video and it was a miracle that both mother and child survive the accident from a reckless truck driver....

Lucky it was left hand drive...if not the mother is a goner...

Looking at the condition of the car, I thought the mother and child would be dead.
Is a miracle.

Next time I'm gonna be careful driving besides this trucks. Especially cornerings would stay behind them instead of driving beside them man....scary...:afraid:

<iframe width="640" height="360"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience