Tokyo Trip

nakata86

Known Member
May 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am visiting Tokyo in the next two weeks. Was wondering if there are any places that i should particularly look for to get a first hand experience on car club gatherings? Workshops that should be visited i.e HKS, Mines and where are they?

Also will be visiting Kyoto for a few days, anything of particular interest that should be taken notice of during my trip here? I am celebrating my special someones birthday in Kyoto as well, so if there are any nice restaurants that you guys can recommend that would be great too.. I am particularly interested in trying out the traditional kaiseki dinner here and if any of you guys could comment on that it would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks!

Rock Lee

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2004
Klang, Selangor
www.rockmotorsport.com
How I envy u .

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
can also ask titanrev...i think his passport 90% full of japan chops.

alternate is check out speedhunters.com....they have articles on famous japanese outifts.

*i envy u*

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hi bro, I haven't been around Kyoto much but for kaiseki dinner you can try this restaurant. It's pretty famous.
Kikunoi (main restaurant)

The Himeji castle in Kyoto is a very nice place to visit but it's now close for upkeep work but you could still see it from the outside...it's a pretty huge castle. You will see direction after you exit the train station. Another place to visit is the Kyoto Tower...There are some very nice temple around Kyoto area worht to go and have a look...Oh and do pay attention to the Astro boy figures on top of the sign board around the train station...Hehehe..it's quite cute.

Actually car clubs gathering is quite hard to get a grasp on them because the gathering is mainly kept secret from the public and only those who have contact with the group will know when and where's the gathering as to avoid too much unwanted visitors and the police. Most of the gathering places you need to go by car. place around Makuhari Messe in Chiba prefecture is 1 place since there are a lot of car parks there. Another area to look out for is those industrial area in Chiba Prefecture....there will be some drifting activities but it's not always and it usually happens around pass 11pm. If you have friend over in Tokyo that have contact with these guys then it will be pretty easy for you to go and have a look.

Another hot place to check is Daikuko Futo...it's a parking lot near the Bayshore route the locals call it the Wangan. Where you can see some high speed racing. I've seen some race inside the Tokyo bay aqua line....you can get there from Daikuko futo..if you go to Daikuko, you will be able to see some foreign guys from GTROC UK as some of them work in Japan. They own some really nice cars...most gathering take place on SAT night

By do beware that these gathering are illegal and the cops WILL come...
Tom has been to Daikuko Futo before...

Directions to Daikoku Futo courtesy of GTROC UK
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/110207-directions-daikoku-futo.html

Last edited:

nakata86

Known Member
May 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Thanks for the input titanrev, very very helpful! Really appreciate your effort in typing out such a long summary! :) Will definitely print this note out and stick it onto my itinerary! haha!

As for the others, hai ya, hard earned money with sweat and tears all went into this trip already.. after this trip im more or less kosong.. there is nothing to envy about when ure spending too much money that u can barely afford! haha

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
How long will you be staying in Japan? have you got your visa already? and all your hotels booked?

By the way this is Mines's workshop. ON the 3D view. You need to move to the right a
bit..Mines is just right on the 7 eleven store.
Here's the website for Mines Mine's
They are closed on every Wednesday.
_“Þ쌧‰¡{‰êŽs—Ñ5-7-25 - Google ƒ}ƒbƒv

Last edited:

nakata86

Known Member
May 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
How long will you be staying in Japan? have you got your visa already? and all your hotels booked?

By the way this is Mines's workshop. ON the 3D view. You need to move to the right a
bit..Mines is just right on the 7 eleven store.
Here's the website for Mines Mine's
They are closed on every Wednesday.
_“Þ쌧‰¡{‰êŽs—Ñ5-7-25 - Google ƒ}ƒbƒv
Will be there for about ten days. Yeah visa and hotels are all booked. just doing some last minute research to make sure everything is gonna go on well... cant wait!!!

atermizi

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
shah alam
hey bro, im also visiting japan at the end of jan, 27th to be specific, dont wanna hijack ur thread or anything bt anybody knows where can i find used car parts in tokyo instead of going to autobacs etc

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
atermizi, upgarage will be the place. Actually Autobacs also have 2nd hand retails shop. You can look them up on the website.

Rock Lee

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2004
Klang, Selangor
www.rockmotorsport.com
Just wondering.. are the parts there cheaper compare to getting them here locally?

and will our malaysia custom tax us for buying them?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Rock, if you can stuff the things u bought inside your luggage then you won't have trouble bringing it in. Since your are buying only a few thing and for your own use...or you wrap them and have the item checked in at the airport. Of course not stuff that are too big which would really get the attention of the customs officers in the airport.

Price wise some items are cheaper some are about the same here and the variety there is more than our market here. Price could vary if you take in the exchange rate. If you buy the stuff during Auto Saloon then it's worth buying since the price will be cheap during the last day of the exhibition for on sale items. All in all is the variety of things that they have and we don't have that would make us want to buy them. Just imagine they have a rack approximately 15 feet long 9 feet tall just for bulbs & HIDs and another dedicated rack just for LEDs an another rack for engine oil & oil filters....that is how much their variety is...

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Been to kyoto / tokyo last year, love it. Basically majority of the food there is nice coz its damn fresh. Going back again next year for Osaka Automesse (cant attend Tokyo Motorshow coz best fren wedding). 1 thing if can, must stay at ryokan. really nice feeling.

At kyoto, go visit kiyomizadera temple. Nice. Avoid those temple need to pay, not worth it at all except the one with thousand buddha statue one.

By the way guys, can we just walk into those tuner shop just like that and snap pics?

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
normality, you need to ask them for permission....

yeah, the babes are cute and nice

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my friend's car.....installed defi yesterday afternoon
this morning gone.....

i think...it is the shop tell the thief.......
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience