• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Yeah that is the shop.
His mechanic managed to troubleshoot one problem for me .3 loose nuts holding my rear arms...scary! luckily he managed to find out else I might end up in some ditch some where lol. But alignment wise, I don't know if I'm not used to the alignment or the alignment was bad since I have been running around with 3 loose screws for the past few months. It feels like the rear of the car is always sinking down whenever I make a turn at 80km/h up. Not sure if it is due the the PS3 soft side walls or its the alignment itself. Planning to change the rear anti roll bar to UR 23mm ones and see if it improves as Wira A/B rear are a lot heavier than the Sedan.

I've been to Kee Hin. No doubt their skills are good, but a bit not happy with the uncle there (could be the boss). Drove my car up 2 small piece of wood (car too low, jack can't go under the car) and ended up breaking both my side skirts. Didn't say sorry or give discounts. Just commented that my car was too low (WTF?) and frankly, the alignment was pretty expensive. I think I paid like RM160 or so just for alignment and 1 or 2 camber. Trying to find another shop with more responsible mechanics.

Are the mechanics experienced in Weng Tat?
Need advice on whatelse to change to improve the car's handling as for the time being, it is really horrible. Changed all my bushings, arms, tie rod ends but still handles bad. I would be more than happy to get the car to handle like how a stock Wira 1.6 should. No adjustables for me. I enjoy the comfort of a stock Wira suspension :D.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
m a v [3] r i c k;1064469867 said:
Yeah that is the shop.
His mechanic managed to troubleshoot one problem for me .3 loose nuts holding my rear arms...scary! luckily he managed to find out else I might end up in some ditch some where lol. But alignment wise, I don't know if I'm not used to the alignment or the alignment was bad since I have been running around with 3 loose screws for the past few months. It feels like the rear of the car is always sinking down whenever I make a turn at 80km/h up. Not sure if it is due the the PS3 soft side walls or its the alignment itself. Planning to change the rear anti roll bar to UR 23mm ones and see if it improves as Wira A/B rear are a lot heavier than the Sedan.

I've been to Kee Hin. No doubt their skills are good, but a bit not happy with the uncle there (could be the boss). Drove my car up 2 small piece of wood (car too low, jack can't go under the car) and ended up breaking both my side skirts. Didn't say sorry or give discounts. Just commented that my car was too low (WTF?) and frankly, the alignment was pretty expensive. I think I paid like RM160 or so just for alignment and 1 or 2 camber. Trying to find another shop with more responsible mechanics.

Are the mechanics experienced in Weng Tat?
Need advice on whatelse to change to improve the car's handling as for the time being, it is really horrible. Changed all my bushings, arms, tie rod ends but still handles bad. I would be more than happy to get the car to handle like how a stock Wira 1.6 should. No adjustables for me. I enjoy the comfort of a stock Wira suspension :D.
Oh! from your explanation looks like your tyres man, because you did not do anything else. From AD-07 which is hard sidewall to PS3 which can be considered pretty soft. Many loves it's comfort buy do not like cornering with it.
Other than that, sinking probably will be your springs or absorbers. Bigger ARB may help...

Like I mention so far at Weng Tat, their workers still okay. Have not been there for a while, hope they are still the same ones. You know workers, can always change one....:hmmmm:

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
The absorbers is about a year old. Will drive the car for a few days more and see if I can get used to the handling now. Can't wait to finish up the fronts and changed them to PS3. Then I can enjoy a quieter ride :D

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
m a v [3] r i c k;1064470075 said:
The absorbers is about a year old. Will drive the car for a few days more and see if I can get used to the handling now. Can't wait to finish up the fronts and changed them to PS3. Then I can enjoy a quieter ride :D
Previously what tyres? I know you mention AD-07, but 2 or all 4?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
m a v [3] r i c k;1064470086 said:
Now the fronts are running on AD07. Rear PS3. Previously was all 4 AD07 :D
Ah! then I think are the tyres. PS3 is the rear much softer sidewall. Try with a bit more air pressure in the PS3 then try the corner again....:driver:

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
Yeah previously running at 31psi. Now trying out 35psi. Still handles funny but not as bad. Hopefully will resolve the issue soon.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
m a v [3] r i c k;1064470379 said:
Yeah previously running at 31psi. Now trying out 35psi. Still handles funny but not as bad. Hopefully will resolve the issue soon.
When have 4 all PS3, should even out, but then again you might feel wobbly with them....:hmmmm:
Always a problem moving from hard sidewall to soft sidewall. Bro. Izso should know very well so he move to super hard sidewall Federal RS-R...:biggrin:

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL
Visit site
The wierd thing is, I tested on myvi with all 4 Michelin XM2 with air pressure of 27psi it wasn't as wobbly. Sigh troublesome :(

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
m a v [3] r i c k;1064470412 said:
The wierd thing is, I tested on myvi with all 4 Michelin XM2 with air pressure of 27psi it wasn't as wobbly. Sigh troublesome :(
Myvi should be lighter and XM2 I think not that soft, but then Myvi use XM2 from what other tyres?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
m a v [3] r i c k;1064470834 said:
Previously the factory Silverstone tyres.
Silverstone should be slightly harder only but close so not too much difference like AD-07 to PS3....

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
m a v [3] r i c k;1064469796 said:
Just got my tyres changed yesterday. I think its one of the cheapest I could find. RM250/pc inclusive of installation and balancing for 195/55/15 Michelin PS3. Maybe you can try calling for price quotation 016-6555122 (Han). His shop is somewhere in Bukit Kemuning (not too far away from KFC/Pizza Hut).

Out of topic a little, can someone recommend me where to go for experienced alignment sifu?
Love going there as well except the front yard of shop is harmful for my lowered ride :vroam::vroam:

xw4600

Known Member
Mar 13, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi,

does any1 has the latest price update on R17 tyres ( especially the 50 series ).CNY is near ,times to change already lor.

tangtang22

Jul 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, should i update the price i got when i changed my michellin ps3?

I was charged RM270 per tyre for 195/50/R15..

Just doing some "sharing is caring".

Gong xi fa chai.

PilaH

Known Member
Mar 27, 2007
just buy maxxis i pro 195/55/15 rm 190 at jalan pantai seremban...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Previous versions of the Pagani Zonda have been beautiful machines, with their hand-crafted interior and intricately-designed exterior. Matched with powerful engines, they are the perfect blend of comfort and performance. A pratical road-going, easy-to-drive supercar, you might say.

However, some customers might find the Zonda a bit too civilised. It may lap the Nürburgring in 7:32 but for some, it's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience