Suitable boost for stock E3

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
Hi guys,

Mind to share how high (not really high la, just want to just nice when floor the pedal) the boost can be set on stock E3+fuel regulator+walbro+highcam.
stock boost is 0.6 rite? it is safe if set it to 0.8 or 1bar(use fish bone)?

Thanks..

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Hi guys,

Mind to share how high (not really high la, just want to just nice when floor the pedal) the boost can be set on stock E3+fuel regulator+walbro+highcam.
stock boost is 0.6 rite? it is safe if set it to 0.8 or 1bar(use fish bone)?

Thanks..
hmm i feel better to just set at 1 bar by remap ur stock ecu and set the boost at 1 bar then at least u can tune your air fuel ratio also to suit the higher boost
but make sure u get external wastegate first if wanna boost higher
for e3 i feel 1bar boost is safest with stock internal higher than that takut detonation or pre-igintion than KABOOM!! so better be safe than sorry

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
i think 0.8-0.9 bar is ok without remap/piggyback
:hmmmm::hmmmm: yeap i guess thats ok then you just need either tulang ikan or boost controller if budget permits
yeah i guess it should be ok to up boost slightly higher than stock coz mitsu set their engines running rich anyways to avoid detonation but dun up boost 2 much maybe just tambah 0.1-0.2 bar :top:

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
ok...thanks guys for all the info.
any shop would you guys recommend for remap my ecu?
normally what are the functions that will be override than stock ecu?
roughly how much it will cost me?

Thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First off thank you in advance to those whom provide useful and creative impute to the project I'm working on.

For warning: This is not in the least the typical mod. project, purely aesthetic and not using any conventional mod kits or going for any kind of traditional theme. So this may not be of interest many of you.

Heres the deal. I bought a badly vandalized, somewhat weathered Saturn SL1 (compact 4 door sedan) for $500. All the mechanical workings and general running health of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience