Solve ron95 knocking problems with piggyback

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
last week i retuned my car with another tuner, we did on-road tuning, with A/F sensors. overall we set A/F ratio to 13:1 which is richer burn. initially we did 13:1 to churn out more hp using ron97. surprising after this setting, i tried ron95 and there were no more knocking. engine is quieter.i keep using ron95 for another 200km (I travels alot) and engine is normal.i checked the plugs color and they are healthy. i know there are engines with advance knock sensors dont experience knocking with ron95, but there are too engine experience terrible knocking with ron95 regardless they are newer/older/high performance/normal engine.

imho, in a long term, investing to get a piggyback and richen your A/F enables you to run ron95 safely without headache, is a good idea.

my1cent

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Ron 95 flashes faster than Ron97. So you run rich, you may be getting the correct combustion timing with Ron95 rather than Ron97. Again, you are not that SR18DE guy are you?

Last edited:

tigger5251

Known Member
Sep 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
tigger sorry,

i forgot what is the colour for healthy plug?!
slightly beige-gray color

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Ron 95 flashes faster than Ron97. So you run rich, you may be getting the correct combustion timing with Ron95 rather than Ron97. Again, you are not that SR18DE guy are you?
If 95 burns faster, why does it knocks on high compression engines ? plz explain, im stupid.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone know how to do tunning for car's ECU? means, change/remap the setting for better control and other stuff, eg.fuel consumption... thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience