Silverstone FTZ Sport

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
wow looks like nobidy like silverstone... need to consider other brand already...

khalid7

Jan 19, 2005
u can buy but u have to drive very slow........slower than those uncle where cermin mata like microscope........so u can stop in time & no skidding......

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
i use to have silverstone FTZ running on my 17' rims last year, all i can say its not bad...at least better then sime astar basic range....as on wet, i never got outta control before..still manage to hang on...hard cornering while raining also no probs. in fact been up genting few times with those tyres...

why u all say ftz no good ah????:rolleyes:

all tyres are basicaly for u to hang on to the road and depends on individual driving characteristic, i dont see any differences in using a local brand / imported brand for ur everyday needs or even in SIC or even SSO...but dont ever use nct5 lar in SIC u will skid like mad :D

and not that i am siding a particular brand or anybody.

badbadguy

Apr 28, 2005
hahahah

all "abang" and "adik" and "adik"
silverstone, simex, sime
heheheheh

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
khalid7 said:
u can buy but u have to drive very slow........slower than those uncle where cermin mata like microscope........so u can stop in time & no skidding......

not dat bad until haf to drive like uncle la.. haha :D

can't actually compare the ftz and the sime astar.. the astar is the basic model, the ftz supposedly the sportier model so it's very different..

depends on the car's power, config, speed and road conditions also. i'm using a ~300+hp rwd and it does some times gives a lil scare or two when i do really speed in the wet..

of course if u drive like uncle, it definately won't suddenly lose grip la.. common sense ahaha :D

it's not a very bad tyre people.. it's juz the grip is less when compared to more upmarket models (toyo proxes, falken azenis, gyear eagle f1, bla bla..)

plus i believe dat u get for wat u pay.. silverstone cheap wat.. so kenot expect it to grip like super expensive brands lah haha :D

Last edited:

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
i have used the 195/50R15 FTZ sport before , it really can last very long with proper usage but the noise is terrible....sounds like driving a suzuki jimny jeep !!!!!!!!!!! wet grip is also poor.........the cheaper simex is much more better.....good grip in wet conditions & less noise ......... the eagle ga is also quite good

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
i`ve been using sime & simex 195/55/R15 for the past 2 years and i have atleast 200 ++ Nm of torque under my hood , so far never had any bad experience with it during wet & dry , always use till its bald . always remember , what you pay is what you get .

Last edited:

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
I once drop gear from 3 - 2, after rain, it skid a bit, what the fuck kind of tyre is like that? No grip at all. I still ok la that time.

Until one time, used 1 month only, the rear left tyre, while cornering like normal person, burst. See the tire like ripped/benkak type.

I will never use those tyre again.

Go Yokohama!

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
KL
Visit site
if u guys dun wan this tyres...sell to me cheap cheap

give me also can....

i will help you clear the jinx of these tyres

PetrolHeaD

500 RPM
Dec 15, 2003
ambayah said:
I once drop gear from 3 - 2, after rain, it skid a bit, what the fuck kind of tyre is like that? No grip at all. I still ok la that time.

Until one time, used 1 month only, the rear left tyre, while cornering like normal person, burst. See the tire like ripped/benkak type.

I will never use those tyre again.

Go Yokohama!
lemme guess, u using A520? hehehe...now thats a good value for money tyre

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,

i manage to download the workshop manual for 4G9x series engine but i don't seem to be able to find a few information like ignition timing & valve diameter.

anyone has the info plz feel free to post here, or if any of you has a workshop manual which contains all this information. hope you can post it up.

Thank you and have a nice day.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience