Should We Have Arms or Weapons In The Car To Protect Ourselves?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Should We Keep Weapons In The Car?

• Yes, to protect myself.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we might hurt someone else or ourselves.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
really use bo if we call polis station nearby?or 999?i no sure what number i should call if really in trouble...just worry when i call them,"sila tekan 1 untuk bm, press 2 for inggeris...bla bla.... waste time lo...then tekan 1 untuk report kehilangan 2 untuk report kematian bla bla...h:stupid:ahaha!!!
At least try to call while being chased by a maniac who wants to kill you lo. If not "sila tekan 4 untuk repot kematian". If like in Bukit Mertajam it's different. Most businessman have walkie talkies to report crimes. Signal radius is 1km and people around the 1 km radius will come to your rescue if you call for help or to report a crime. Not sure why KL don't have this. This walkie talkie community was started by a businessman and all one needs to do is buy a walkie talkie for RM300+ and you will have a membership number which you need to mention everytime you report. Police are hooked up to this frequency also.
Anyone wants to start this in KL? Can make some money at the same time can cut down crime rates. Normally if a stolen car is reported immediately the chances of getting it back real high cos people who come across the car can tail it and report their location.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
No la Danz, I didn't get the walkie talkie because i'm in Penang till end of the year only then going back KL. But those walkie talkies are really helpful. Even the Evo X police car will chase the suspect. One guy even managed to flip his car to make sure the thieves don't get away.
Drama la here in BM.

soniabelani034

Feb 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i carry butcher's knife, baseball bat, steering lock.
i have to protect my family if anything happens.....will chop off the asailants head if i have too...haha....
1. few yrs ago i used to keep 2 baseball bats at the rear.....kena tahan by police...they asked me y i carry those? i said for protection....then he said can...but carry one enuf.....

2. 10 yrs ago, carried parang in boot, got stop by police....taken to police station for investigation, after 1 hr, released haha....i told him i used it to cut the lalang behind my hse......but forgot to take it out from my boot.

Nice! haha! ive got a switchblade, fire extinguisher, 1 baseball bat, and brass knuckles

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
A brass knuckle might get you some serious trouble too if stopped by police. These brass knuckle was seen sold at cheras beside the velodrome a couple of years back.

MaximKo

Aug 14, 2010
Klang
Totally agree. We need weapon for self defence, not for killing. xD
So i get myself a STUN Gun.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Got weapon, after whack people, if the person doesn't die, you'll be sued and go to jail. If that person died, you become murderer and need to bare the sin for the rest of your life if you never get caught then sentenced to death or jail for 10-20 years. If beh tahan, just ram the car towards the party you wanna whack. Make it looks like accident. Die or no die also never mind, the worst for gagal mengawal kenderaan is a piece of RM300 saman. So what's the point for having weapon in the car? If someone break your window for taking handbag, by the time you get your weapon, he already gone. Further more, if they sibeh tulan, both got down motorbike and attack you then even worst.

If you cannot get real gun (self defense is allowed for those who rich enough to have a gun license), then use your car (unable to control the car and cause accident). Want do, make sure the opposite party die (cannot mark you and revenge). If you don't dare to kill people, then no need to have weapon. Just shout for help or report police. Of cause, as you know the security is not good, need to wake up la. You know people like to pecah cermin, don't la put handbag or expensive stuff just right on top of the seat or any easy expose place. Do risk assessment for every single thing. If you did all your best but still kena, then you can blame the god for so unfair else just like I said, ram them down then reverse and roll few times to make sure they die. After that, straight go traffic police station and report accident. Say you got accident and don't know how the car roll few times. Admit that you didn't wear seat belt and talking on phone.

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
vey useful with walkie talkie...i know but normally in kl and klang valley only for gangster or tow man maybe they really doin big biz lo...very "lan ci" that boss wear lot of gold chain on his body driving big bmw m6 with 6 walkie talkie get out from his car for breakfirst at hot popular kopitiam at klang choong kok...nearby klang ktm station...:proud: if wan use it,really need collect ppl first..if not,with who we talk?hehehe..

kabox87

Dec 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Since crime rates are always in the rise I have a question to ask fans of ZTH here. Are weapons and arms necessary to be kept in the car to protect ourselves?
IMO I won't and don't keep any of these items including steering lock to protect myself as I believe I'm protected if I don't leave my vehicle if I encounter with a road bully of theft. In such cases where theft (i.e: breaking your window to get your handbags or monies left on the passenger seat) is concerned we cannot do much since it's unforeseen in most cases.
When one is faced with a road bully it's best to drive off to the nearest Police station to make a report even it meant denting your vehicle to get out of harms way. If we keep weapons or arms in the car there is a tendency to use it. Result would be serious injury or death:nurse: to either party. In both cases it's a lose lose situation whereby you sustain serious injury or death and the assailant may get away. If you do bring them down you might be detained by the police for questioning of may be worst be charged with assault or murder.
So give your views so that more will hopefully live to see another day:driver:
haha
i used to bring a big ' spanar hidup ' place under driver seat
that the great place to keep weapons or anything
we can use the things fastly
if in the bonet take times to take it
safety is important:stupid:

mrtwo

Known Member
Sep 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haha interesting

for me i put 1 foot -expanding baton in the car-small, neat and quite handy when needed.. had experience on road bullies and i dont think, at that time, even police can save u, its u and either u drive off as hard as possible if u can or like my case, being cornered and u cant go anywhere.

imagine the assailant cornered u and he got dangerous weapons and u have none

cheers peeps

Last edited:

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
hahaha...bring ur big pet in car lo,can call them as weapon too if ur dog enough big and "garang" hehehe..i have to bring my dog to jalan jalan too on weekend round round lo

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
vey useful with walkie talkie...i know but normally in kl and klang valley only for gangster or tow man maybe they really doin big biz lo...very "lan ci" that boss wear lot of gold chain on his body driving big bmw m6 with 6 walkie talkie get out from his car for breakfirst at hot popular kopitiam at klang choong kok...nearby klang ktm station...:proud: if wan use it,really need collect ppl first..if not,with who we talk?hehehe..
Yup, can start with ZTH fans first ma. If not i call you, you call me susah la. I'm in Penang and you are in KL. If not you can make friends with the gang leader driving the M6 and can walkie talkie his konco when come across trouble. Hehe.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Just a question.

How do you plan to employ these accessories in response to a situation ?

Since the accessories are stored inside your car, presumably you intend to armed yourself, and then exit the vehicle to meet a threat.

You can probably plead self-defence, but even a lame prosecutor will point out that you could have simply driven off. Why didn't you ? Instead, you escalated the situation by staying, arming yourself and exiting your vehicle and then engaging your opponent. In short, the other side will say you did not do enough to diffuse a diffusable situation.

5115 gave a good example of a 'diffusable situation' with that infamous pink shirted uncle with the baseball bat. He could solved the traffic incident in an amicable discussion but chosed instead to negotiate while brandishing a baseball bat. F**king stupid, if you ask me.

Coming to the defence of another (for example, a loved one) :- This could probably be successfully argued but it will also depend on the gravity of the situation giving rise to the altercation. If it was just some guy having a mere argument with your relative and you whipped out your crowbar and beat the other fellow senseless, you are going to be charged and thrown in the slammer, guaranteed. The level of your response will be taken into account to determine if it was a justifiable level of force.

Use some common sense during arguments and don't be stupid about it.

Over-estimating your physical and mental abilities :- Most people do not have an honest, no-BS self-assessment of their limitations and tend to think the world of their ability to handle any given situation. Most of us here are not trained and preconditioned in martial arts and the employment of weapons. And even if you are, other factors often stacked the odds against you. Being surprised, for one, being outnumbered, for another.

Again, the pink shirted uncle is a prime example. Go in like a Lion, come out like a Lamb. How embarassing.

Your car, your ability to stay within it, your ability to maintain its mobility and your self-awareness is still your best weapon. If you want to be convinced, just look at that one female who recently took out two snatch thieves with her car.

If you want to keep accessories in the car, at least try to have stuff which will not look out of place in a vehicle. Stuff like steering locks, or rotans (people use it for hiking and morning walks. It can also double as a deterrent against aggresive animals/pets). Anything else, and you run the risk of complications with the law.

If you get yourself involved in any violent altercations, law enforcement personnel will naturally be curious why you choose to carry controversial items such as parangs/baseball bats in your vehicle.

The impression is that you are pre-meditated towards a course of action that involves the use of this items. Whether you intend it or not, you run the risk of being profiled as someone who is out looking for a fight rather than avoiding it.

On a whim, you can of course give them a BS story that you use a parang to trim the lalang in your property, but under heavy police interview, most BS story will fall apart. Cops are trained at picking out facts from BS. You better have a really original story to tell because the cops have heard it all. "Do you regularly trim lalang ? When ? Can you show me the property where you did this ? Does the property belong to you ? What's the baseball bat for ? Oh, really, how often you play baseball ? With whom ? When ? "

Making up lies and tall tales as you go along is very bad idea. Most people get flustered under the anxiety of a police interview. A skilled police interviewer will punch holes in your little tale and trip you up. You may well have been innocent or made a justifiable self-defence, but if you start off lying and get caught doing it, that's a black taint on your integrity. The cop will treat you as a liar. What should really have been routine and non-suspicious, will now end up being flagged for further scrutiny.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Totally agree. We need weapon for self defence, not for killing. xD
So i get myself a STUN Gun.
You big talk only.

Stun guns and Tasers are illegal without a carry permit.

In order to be issued one, you have to pass a police interview and scrutineering process. As far as Malaysia is concerned, Tasers are not issued to general civilians. And you cannot buy a Taser over the counter.

Those electrocutor/immobilizer devices you sometimes find being sold under counter are illegal. They are classified as deadly weapons. If you get caught with one of these things in your person, you will be charged for the illegal possession of weapons. If you are involved in a violent incident with one of these things, and even if you are defending yourself, you are still f**ked with the law.

You have been warned.

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
What FVel says is true although there is some more that can be added so we're all informed. The law says that you have every right to defend your self and personal property. However, it only allows the use of reasonable force to do so. If someone attacks you with a weapon and you fight back barehanded, then you're safe. If someone comes at you with a parang and you happened to have a steering lock under your seat, if in the event the other guy suffered injuries then it can be argued you used reasonable force. Parang is a weapon while steering lock isn't.

There is a precedent for a case of self defense whereby the victim had a weapon far superior than the attacker.

I'm referring to an incident in Bangsar involving a very senior lawyer who had the license to carry a concealed firearm and was confronted in act of road rage by a motorist who had a wood/bat of some kind. Being in his late 70s or early 80s (can't remember was like at least 5 years ago minimum probably 7 years ago) whilst the assailant was younger, he felt threatened and fired a warning shot. However, the other guy still came towards him so he shot the guy dead on the spot. Judge acquitted him and he was found not guilty.

So you can use a weapon to subdue an assailant in the event your life is in danger but make sure you are licensed to carry one. Not everyone qualifies for one and most likely never ever will but just to point out the fact that carrying a weapon does not necessarily constitute premeditated violence/motive on the part of the victim. Its a rare situation but legally its a precedent.

For most people, your best option is a steering lock or a Maglite - both are common items kept in most cars and won't get you into trouble. Good luck, Malaysia isn't what it used to be.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Actually the lawyer that fired the gun should have aimed at the deceased leg or something. Probably being at that age his aiming is not that sharp so he went for the easy target.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
how the extendable rod thinggy, even sold at pasar malam..
is that legal?
Those are definitely illegal. If you noticed the extendable rod normally get displayed together with knuckle dusters. But these items get sold out fast. people always like weapons.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i think u can sponsor urself, la, dont know why u need another supra when u already have one! lol. are u having a supra fetish, lol, is ur gf's name supra!? hahah
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience