serious advice needed.

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
Hi , first of all i'm from sabah ( which means i don't have access to TRIAL william , that everyone is mentioning in this forum)

right , i have a safc2 in my car , but after i read through the forums and everything , i found out that altezza 3sge's ecu is too smart ! . I've heard that safcs or piggybacks don't work on our tezza cos the ECU will re-adjust the settings you made on the piggyback before sending the signals to the engine. Now I'm really stuck , other than Apexi Power FC ( which cost like 4grand) and HKS Fcon . Does any other management works?

How about E-Manage or E-Manage Ultimate which is still in the reasonable price range? I'll be really happy or sabah tezzas will be really glad if william from TRIAL or any masters can help us here...

Thanks a million.

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
TRDTezza,

from my experience, used GReddy E-Manage before on my 5AT. The first few weeks, everything was working fine. Then, out of nothing, the E-Manage messed out with the ECU.
Currently using Apex'i AFC Neo. So far so good.
Some say that E-Manage works well with 6MT's ECU but not 5AT's ECU. I don't know. Wait for others to give their opinions. :idea:

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
First of all , why u want to replace the std ecu to aftermarket ecu? Have you done anything to your engine like installing performance parts ? I guess your ride is an auto transmission ?

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
First of all , why u want to replace the std ecu to aftermarket ecu? Have you done anything to your engine like installing performance parts ? I guess your ride is an auto transmission ?
A good question by our bro stepwyew.."Why do you want to install a aftermarket ecu management system in yr car???
Are you planning to do some mod to yr ride?? Will it be a simple mod like the air intake or more??
The Altezza is not cheap when it comes to aftermarket parts but when you put in the rite stuff, yr ride will be sweet and satisfying...that I can say from my personal experiences.
So my advise to you is ..plan yr budget and yr mods carefully and don't rush into it. Never get suck in to the mentality that "I want a cheap alternative" becos in reality there is none that will give you the satisfaction you are looking for.

Last edited:

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
simple, get an F con v pro or stand alone ECU like the Tom's ECU

however, if its just a standard engine, lol the F con Vpro will probably increase your hp by what? 5hp? hahahhahah

might as well waste ur money on some good shocks man.

the matter of fact is. modding needs money. period.

I have seen so many people wanting cheap mods, but 120% of them all end up wasting even MORE money. aduh hai....

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
thanks for the advices. Yes , I'm a 5AT . From the comments , i guess that to summarize everything is altezza's ecu is capable to support basic mods like cams and head skimming rite ?
So far i have not dare to do any mods yet as i have to no experience with 3sge engines yet and not knowing what is it capable of.. definately i'm NOT BOT-ting my car anytime in the future.., I just want to max the car out on NA . I will appreciate if someone can advice . Anything to push my car to 200hp on wheels.. cheers man..

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Anything to push my car to 200hp on wheels.. cheers man..
It will be very difficult to achieve 200BHP on wheel for a NA 5AT altezza and the cost of the mods will be very, very expensive. The only way will be BOT or SC option...
A normal stock 5AT engine in good condition will only achieve around 150-155bhp on wheel. You can look at the thread that we started about the dyno of our car at Trial Tuning.

My ride is SC and it is pushing 210BHP on wheel and it is not cheap to do this.
My advise will be to aim for 170-180bhp and you will need to invest in a good piggy back ecu ( power FC, HKS V-pro, Dynojet...) aftermarket exhaust system, port & polish, Iridium spark plugs, K&N free flow air filter...
But please leave the stock air box and do not replace it..

If you are still set on 200BHP..your only options will be BOT..coz this is cheaper than supercharging.

Last edited:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
Listen to Grey, he's right. Achieving over 200BHP on wheels with sticking to N/A, i won't say it's impossible, but it's very very difficult to achieve, let alone trying to get that figure on a 5 A/T. Grey knows, because he asked before as he wanted to max out the N/A performance like you do. But it's just too much cost.

It's much easier if you have a 6 M/T though. If you want, you can give a call to William, and he will tell you what do you need to do to MAX out the power in N/A. You need cams, port and polish etc etc. In total, the costs will end up being more than getting your engine BOT-ed or SC-ed. All I know is, our 3SGE engine is pretty much tough enough to be BOT-ed.

If you want that kinda figure on wheels on your 5 A/T, BOT or SC is pretty much the easier and cheaper way to go. Well if you have the $$, you can go the N/A way. I'm interested to see a max-ed out N/A Altezza. :D

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
really thanks to grey and bushido . I will take your advice seriously. Now that i know that 200hp on wheel is close to mission impossible , i will set it around 170-180hp. I already have a full set HKS exhaust system , iridium plugs , K&N Filter ( ori box is there) . Like the starting of the thread , I think i need a ecu before moving on to CAMS and pnp as i take these 2 as more serious mods. Other than power fc and v-pro , can e-manage ultimate do the job ? sadly we do not have tuners here to do power fc and v-pro... =.="

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
E-manage is not suitable for our car...go with either PowerFC or V-pro. This is not a hearsay comment but experiences from other users. If you want a cheaper option, try using DynoJet but the end result will differ when compare to the PowerFc or V-pro.

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
TRD has cams n stuffs to push the 3SGE engine to 280hp on engine. should be about 240 on wheel hp if discounting the drivetrain losses.

however, again, there's always the issue of price n tuning. once started theres no going back. be ready to go all the way.

if your route is NA and not purely for the sake of N/A, TRD components are the way. check out their website.

be wary tho, buying components is one thing. tuning n installation is another. make sure u choose a good workshop...especially on the installation of camshafts n tuning for it.

good luck

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
wow... thats some news.. sure will do to check out trd stuffs.. thanks.

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
wow... thats some news.. sure will do to check out trd stuffs.. thanks.
Bro..be prepared to spend and make sure yr bank account is loaded for the project...:adore:

TRD are good but expensive stuff but it will be very hard to achieve 240bhp with a 5AT. You have a better chance with a 6MT.

Last edited:

tryforce

Known Member
May 4, 2005
really thanks to grey and bushido . I will take your advice seriously. Now that i know that 200hp on wheel is close to mission impossible , i will set it around 170-180hp. I already have a full set HKS exhaust system , iridium plugs , K&N Filter ( ori box is there) . Like the starting of the thread , I think i need a ecu before moving on to CAMS and pnp as i take these 2 as more serious mods. Other than power fc and v-pro , can e-manage ultimate do the job ? sadly we do not have tuners here to do power fc and v-pro... =.="
hi TRDtezza,

having 200hp on wheel is not close to mission impossible yet. I ll giv u the menu, 280++ degree cams, well balanced engine, power fc or f-con v-pro or motec, 4 throttle and some other not so major stuff can hit 210hp on wheel. My car is running on above spec but just only left the engine balancing can hit it up to 208hp on wheel.:listen:

but if for daily use, 4 throttle NA is just a bit tough. So, i will suggest u to get BOT, and i m still working on it for my 5a/t 3S-ge

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Our Taikor Tryforce have spoken....bro TRDtezza do take heed of his advice as it will only bring good sweet things to your tezza.

tryforce

Known Member
May 4, 2005
all taikor don say like that lah, i m just passing by and drop a few advise only mah.........

rayncc

Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,
Just to tumpang this thread, my aftermarket Tom's air filter (original slot-in type) have disintegrated on the outmost layer and need replacement. Just a question, if K&N any good as compared to Tom's?

Cheers!

rayncc

Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
well, the word disintegrated may be overly exaggerative.
The Tom's drop-in is sponge-like materials, with larger pores on the outer side. What i meant was the outer sponge have 'decayed' and started to break away.

Based on service records, the drop-in is currently clocking 34,000km in mileage. Hmm, my guess is that K&N should be more durable, but not sure about the performance though. That's why seeking member's feedback..:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros....

just want some feedback from those who change their stock cam pulley to adjustables...

need to know if it has any effect, or not much at all in terms of performance...

thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience