Seek for help from Electronic expert (Cigarette adaptor)

BeCool

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Dear Sifu,

My car voltage stabilizer spoiled, 2 of the wires broken.
After I dissembled the cigarette adaptor, I'm lost :confused:, dunno which wire attached to which part of the metal.
Because its already broken.

Attached with the product image, I hope expert can guide me.:adore:
Plssssssss:adore::adore::adore:

Attachments

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dear Sifu,

My car voltage stabilizer spoiled, 2 of the wires broken.
After I dissembled the cigarette adaptor, I'm lost :confused:, dunno which wire attached to which part of the metal.
Because its already broken.

Attached with the product image, I hope expert can guide me.:adore:
Plssssssss:adore::adore::adore:
Bro., as far as I know, 12 volt DC only have 2 wires and live is fused. The wire you holding in second picture looks like for house AC current. Brown (L), Blue (N) and Green/Yellow is earth

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

For the first picture, need to see the inside of the adapter, but as far as I know the tip on the far right will be connected to live and the two ears (loop) at the side is earth...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
yalo....DC should only have live n ground...how come got 3 wires?

cos u see the cigarette lighter socket only have 2 points...the sharp connector with the spring and the 2 metal springs at the sides.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Bro., as far as I know, 12 volt DC only have 2 wires and live is fused. The wire you holding in second picture looks like for house AC current. Brown (L), Blue (N) and Green/Yellow is earth

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

For the first picture, need to see the inside of the adapter, but as far as I know the tip on the far right will be connected to live and the two ears (loop) at the side is earth...
should be earth (brown) wire rite? not sure myself, i suck when it comes to wiring....
i only know how to wire rear side marker haha...
well if u take out the cigarett adaptor there will be only 2 wires, from batt through relay(acc function) to connect to center & to ground (connect 2 side), in this case ur cable most probably brown for power, blue for led ground (if 1 leg is separated from the center rod) & green for the ground, right now my cig adaptor is no more left only the wire direct for my ice component. but best if u buy another adaptor, now i think very cheap2 1.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Use a meter to test, on the connector only middle have current, then u know where goes where. Only 1 12v, 1 gnd.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The 3 wires really looks for House AC current, I do a lot of power point extensions....:biggrin:

BeCool

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Hi All,

I have attached the picture of the adaptor after dissembled.

The blue wire is still connect to the metal piece,
but how about the yellow/green and the brown color?

the L shape metal piece in the middle of the adaptor comes with a LED, can see there is some broken wire left over there, which wire should I attached on it?

Attachments

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Hi All,

the L shape metal piece in the middle of the adaptor comes with a LED, can see there is some broken wire left over there, which wire should I attached on it?
definitly the L shape is connected to the brown wire, the yellow/brown is it in original condition @ u already recut & twist? if not most probably it is null & u have to wrap it, coz in real AC current condition, if the blu wire touch the green wire definitely ur house fuse trip 1. (if want to test plug in a plug top with loose wire on the other end, no need to on switch, touch the blu wire & the green wire)

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
definitly the L shape is connected to the brown wire, the yellow/brown is it in original condition @ u already recut & twist? if not most probably it is null & u have to wrap it, coz in real AC current condition, if the blu wire touch the green wire definitely ur house fuse trip 1. (if want to test plug in a plug top with loose wire on the other end, no need to on switch, touch the blu wire & the green wire)
Bro. twist, the wiring is for car adaptor. I just mentioned the 3 wires looks exactly like house plug wiring....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Hi All,

The blue wire is earth and attached to one side of the wing metal. The other side of the wing metal is it touching the L metal in the middle with the LED light?
And you did not show the metal at the far end (right hand top corner) To me that should be live and where the brown wire should be attached.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Brown (live) wire gotta complete a loop with the blue (neutral) wire to make electronics run. Trace the connection of the LED. It shall be within the loop and after the resistor.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Bro. twist, the wiring is for car adaptor. I just mentioned the 3 wires looks exactly like house plug wiring....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

The blue wire is earth and attached to one side of the wing metal. The other side of the wing metal is it touching the L metal in the middle with the LED light?
And you did not show the metal at the far end (right hand top corner) To me that should be live and where the brown wire should be attached.
nope totally understood what u meant:adore:, maybe i should be a bit more clear, in this case the yellow/green wire should be null coz @ the other end of the outlet there is only 2 connection that is used to power up the eqt, 1 is the outer layer & the other 1 is inside the jack, by right there r only 2 wires & that is must be +(brown) & -(blue), blue is still intact & it's solded to the wing, only @ the center the wire had snap off & left it's mark, the -ve side of led is already solded 2 the other wing, left the earth wire unpresidented. so the main concern is wether we left it out or place it wit -ve led, so the application of AC trip to this is, if we connect the earth wire to the wing, instead of the current from +ve to eqt to -ve, it will directly goes from +ve to earth without entering the eqt, wait to think of it i'm positively sure that the earth wire are not connected @ the jack, they just use the 3core wire (electrician terms for these type of wires) because of the material & thickness of the cable pvc insulation. rest my case, in any case buy new one la but make sure the polarity is correct but i think they r all the same la standardized:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Brown (live) wire gotta complete a loop with the blue (neutral) wire to make electronics run. Trace the connection of the LED. It shall be within the loop and after the resistor.
That is only the adaptor, to connect the live and earth from battery to VS, so the loop is the VS...

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

nope totally understood what u meant:adore:, maybe i should be a bit more clear, in this case the yellow/green wire should be null coz @ the other end of the outlet there is only 2 connection that is used to power up the eqt, 1 is the outer layer & the other 1 is inside the jack, by right there r only 2 wires & that is must be +(brown) & -(blue), blue is still intact & it's solded to the wing, only @ the center the wire had snap off & left it's mark, the -ve side of led is already solded 2 the other wing, left the earth wire unpresidented. so the main concern is wether we left it out or place it wit -ve led, so the application of AC trip to this is, if we connect the earth wire to the wing, instead of the current from +ve to eqt to -ve, it will directly goes from +ve to earth without entering the eqt, wait to think of it i'm positively sure that the earth wire are not connected @ the jack, they just use the 3core wire (electrician terms for these type of wires) because of the material & thickness of the cable pvc insulation. rest my case, in any case buy new one la but make sure the polarity is correct but i think they r all the same la standardized:biggrin:
Ok, noted.....:biggrin:
If the yellow/green is not used since earth is by way of the blue and is connected to wing metal and also soldered to L metal which is also connected to the other wing, then live (brown) should still be joined to the tip.

Okay found my old car vacuum and here is the adaptor, but this one minus the LED....but more or less should be the same for the live wire...

Live to tip, earth to wing.....

Last edited:

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Bro,it's look like DIY VS. Wire color same to domestic wiring color.Really can say cause not see the real thing. But i can say that it use 2 ground with 1 live/+12v. the brown should go to center tip. suppose to have fuse with spring in the middle. The left and right ear just for grounding. kindda weird since it use 3 wire.normally 2 only. +ve and ground. I normally wired it 2 wire only even equipped with LED.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I am driving a Proton Persona Elegance.
Do you guys have any idea how to take out the hub?
I probably know how to adjust the drums but don't know to access the internals.
And also would like to clean it.
I have only seen other popular cars.
Not sure about my car myself. Don't dare to touch it if without any experienced guidance.
Thanks.

2003-2007 Honda Accord Brake drums clean and adjust - YouTube
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience