<RM100 engine oil

Just a thought....

Bardahl is an American brand with quite long history...

Almost all American brands fully syn are selling more than RM100 or even more than RM200, why does Bardahl want to sell below RM100?

They should have been selling like hot cakes and cutting other competitor's substantial market share but they have not....

What had happened?

They have full advantage on pricing, branding is not bad either... so I could only think the problem is on the product...

The hype of their branding were long gone. I assume u mean the no oil run?
In Malaysia they repacked it using Group III oil as heard from fellow members.
It is cheaper, maybe it lacks refinement, I'm not sure.

I think the key is finding out where the Malaysian Bardhal oil is blended. And what sort of additives is in the oil.

OH? I heard is IV or V. haha
Then maybe people are to skeptical to try a cheap fully syn.

Group IV and V (Ester) oils are very very expensive la. Even the latest batch of Mobil1 is only III. Last time it was IV but just didn't pan out in terms of cost effectiveness. They later upgraded the additive package and make the base oil cheaper which made it more cost effective for the consumer. In truth, there isn't a real difference in the average car between III and IV / V. Race cars perhaps, supercars on the track (Porsche is factory filled with Mobil 1) perhaps, but road usage no need la.

Group III base oil is not cheap that is why I am skeptical if Bardahl is really using Group III or not....

Yeah man. I wouldn't be surprised if it was II. But then again - why bother? It's cost effective and as long as the additive package is good, it's good for us since it's cheap.

Lexus Fully Syn 5W40 and Bardarhl Fully Syn 5W30 is same price at RM90. But some bought from workshop during service. Lexus Fully Syn 5W40 is around RM140-RM160. Which I find it weird as well.

Since we know workshop prices are always higher than sparepart shops.

Aiya, as long as it's cheap and no problem on the oil itself. I won't care which group the oil belongs to if you're not time attacking in track. stupidcar dude tried it more than 2bottles in his engine (i think) and the engine still running well currently and the owner is satisfied.

PS: Cheap oil is good for daily ride. If you feel no confidence with it, change your engine oil once it turns dark.

Aiya, as long as it's cheap and no problem on the oil itself. I won't care which group the oil belongs to if you're not time attacking in track. stupidcar dude tried it more than 2bottles in his engine (i think) and the engine still running well currently and the owner is satisfied.

PS: Cheap oil is good for daily ride. If you feel no confidence with it, change your engine oil once it turns dark.

So far I'm happy with Lexus Fully Syn, Bardahl is not too bad as well. Just as long I'm not using low grade mineral oil.

Yeap! On my third bottle as well. Turns dark pretty fast.
Still dunno its breaking down or cleaning engine.
SF tried it once. He used 5W30.

So far I'm happy with Lexus Fully Syn, Bardahl is not too bad as well. Just as long I'm not using low grade mineral oil.

You get your engine oil from spareparts shop? After I've tried pennzoil platinum bought from spareparts shop and poured into my engine. The tappet sound is damn loud (no matter cold or hot) and i drain it out after 4k mileage clocked. After that, i will avoid buying any engine oil and gear oil from spareparts shop.

Lexus Fully Syn 5W40 and Bardarhl Fully Syn 5W30 is same price at RM90. But some bought from workshop during service. Lexus Fully Syn 5W40 is around RM140-RM160. Which I find it weird as well.

Since we know workshop prices are always higher than sparepart shops.

They mark up for their labour. U see your RM20 labour sounds cheap. ahhahaha

They mark up for their labour. U see your RM20 labour sounds cheap. ahhahaha

Hard to say, cuz there was a shop selling Lexus FS 5W40 around izso place is RM110. So depends on where they get the EO and how much they get it. So is how much they want to earn from the EO + labour.

IF Bought RM90, but labour cant be RM70 for EO change gua LOL!

I used Bardahl before for about 3 years, roughly 8 bottles....:driver:

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Proton RM60 WTF

SC like that loh! Chery also RM50, but extra work ask them to check, no extra charge....:biggrin:

Top Bottom